Notices

Stock internals "holding" together?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Stock internals "holding" together?

This is the following scenario me and my friend are in, we are trying to build a "budget" street/drag car lol! We already have a turbo kit, just looking for a turbo though. The only question I have for all you drag racers and street guys running "bone stock" bottom ends is, what extra precautions do you take to help your stock motor "hold" together and last longer? I have already talked to my tuner and he is one of the best in the area, so i'm not concerned with the tune. Just need some opinions from fellow honda guys. Only 2 things I could think of was lower the compression a "good" bit with a custom cometic headgasket and run strictly race gas! motor compression tested 210-215psi per cylinder across the board, stock b16 with ctr pistons (i know, i know) it's a dummy motor, just using what we have laying around so to say, that's my reasoning for the custom cometic hg!

Other mods include...
arp headstuds
inline pro block guard (it was already installed when I purchased the block)
bottom end is untouched and will remain so!

head
pr3 head off a 99 Si
skunk2 valve springs/retainers
crower valves
Danfab Port work

Car will be tracked about 2-3 times a month at the 1/4 mile strip, might drive it on the street 2-3 days out of a week on a nice day to play with some cars haha! NOT looking to break any records with this just have a nice fun car to play with, without breaking the bank and maybe surprise a few people along the way!
Old 01-25-2010, 09:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Stock internals "holding" together?

Well if u change the thickness of the HG then ur messing the quinch all up with is going to change a few things, just wanted to let u know.