Notices

stealth/hidden nitrous?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stealth/hidden nitrous?

I have a 92 Civic DX Four Door. I have a turbo d16y7. I want to run a small shot of nitrous (35shot maybe) but I was wondering if there was any way of 'hiding' it? My buddy had nitrous in his 240 and had the injectors in his intake pipe, but had them on the top, do they have to be pointing down, or could I 'hide' them under the intake pipe facing upwards? Thanks in advanced!
Old 02-16-2006, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

They can face up, no problem
Old 02-16-2006, 06:09 PM

Default Re: stealth/hidden nitrous? (Powered By Garrett)

they can be pointed in any direction, or you could just go with a bigger shot and put it any where and dont pop your hood, or do direct port injection.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:51 PM

Default Re: stealth/hidden nitrous? (DC2TEGGA-GSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DC2TEGGA-GSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">they can be pointed in any direction, or you could just go with a bigger shot and put it any where and dont pop your hood, or do direct port injection. </TD></TR></TABLE>

werd
Old 02-16-2006, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: stealth/hidden nitrous? (DC2TEGGA-GSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DC2TEGGA-GSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">they can be pointed in any direction, or you could just go with a bigger shot and put it any where and dont pop your hood, or do direct port injection. </TD></TR></TABLE>

everyone i want to race wont race unless i pop my hood, because i wont tell them whats done, its winter and im building my car up so im trying to make it as 'stealth' looking as possible come summer so i can pop my hood at the track and not 'scare' people off (is that possible with a single cam? hahah). i wont get the smart guys, but some idiots might not notice ****
Old 02-16-2006, 09:11 PM

back in the day like 8 years ago my roommate and me would hide our nos bottles in our rear bumper only 6 screws to to take out to get the bumper off and to fill the bottle before we went out that night. ppl assumed we had nos but with a gutted hatch and with our hoods popped (I had direct port on the bottom side of the intake manifold. my friend had a dry shot coming in the obd-2 IAT port on the intake pipe of his obd-1 car - nobody figured that out) so everything looked legit and nobody would ever guess to look under the rear bumper for a nos bottle.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: stealth/hidden nitrous? (rvd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rvd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">back in the day like 8 years ago my roommate and me would hide our nos bottles in our rear bumper only 6 screws to to take out to get the bumper off and to fill the bottle before we went out that night. ppl assumed we had nos but with a gutted hatch and with our hoods popped (I had direct port on the bottom side of the intake manifold. my friend had a dry shot coming in the obd-2 IAT port on the intake pipe of his obd-1 car - nobody figured that out) so everything looked legit and nobody would ever guess to look under the rear bumper for a nos bottle.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmm, that sounds real cool, but idk how safe that would be? I'd also assume that would be real hard to get the bottle hard with all that wind going up the rear bumper.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn, im imagine if someone rear-ended you with a N02 bottle there???

smart with hiding it but i could only seeing this be done at the track, not on public streets, i would be scared that something would happen

direct port under the intake mani would be golden

but for 35 shot, right into the air piping would be ok
Old 02-16-2006, 09:28 PM

Default Re: stealth/hidden nitrous? (dohcdelsol)

man Im sick of people saying "wut if this or wut if that" if somebody rear ends you. for 1, we only put it there when we went to go racing. we didnt leave it in there all the time

the guy asked for a good place to hide it. I told him the perfect place to hide it. but if your too scared that somebody is going to hit you and you think that youll blow up then dont do it
Old 02-16-2006, 09:31 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Powered By Garrett &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I'd also assume that would be real hard to get the bottle hard with all that wind going up the rear bumper.</TD></TR></TABLE>

not when you used thin sheet metal (painted black) with clamps and plugs. it was there not to block any wind but to keep it hidden if anybody decided to look up there and also if for some reason the bracket would happen to break the bottle wouldnt just fall to the ground and be dragged. although it never would with the strong braces we used and drilled into place. very safe and secure. and just like a propane tanke or scuba tank, the gas is pretty inert so it wont blow up unless it catches a serious spark or an open flame, which is not common if somebody happens to rear end you.

Old 02-16-2006, 10:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rvd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
the gas is pretty inert so it wont blow up unless it catches a serious spark or an open flame, which is not common if somebody happens to rear end you.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

compressed tank + puncture = explosive decompression

sure, it may not ignite, but it'll still explode
Old 02-16-2006, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: stealth/hidden nitrous? (saxman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by saxman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

compressed tank + puncture = explosive decompression

sure, it may not ignite, but it'll still explode</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol I think the Myth Busters busted that one... at least with an oxygen tank. Turns out that a puncture turns the tank into a rocket, not a bomb. Probably won't explode but it'll sure wanna go places.

Anyway, the old nitrous bottle in the spare tire well is always a popular choice. Keep the solenoid(s) hidden anywhere, the nozzle on the back/bottom of the intake or IM, loom the wires, and run the nitrous line + electrical wiring through the rubber boot on the passenger side beneath the dashboard. In EK's it comes out right beneath the battery in the engine bay.

Adi
Old 02-16-2006, 11:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: stealth/hidden nitrous? (Quick99Si)

its easy to hide anything, just take your time and use flat black paint and old wire loom and black zip ties. as for the bottle go with the smallest bottle possible, you may have to fill it more often but easier to hide.

rear bumper is a good idea, false fuel cell would work too. damn get creative and get under the car and create a box for it like a fuel cell and mount it under the car
Old 02-16-2006, 11:28 PM

you guys are weird all trying to hid your nos. just put it in the back and put a towel over it. or even better stick that **** in a cartoon pillow case. just squeeeeeeeeeeeeeze 1 into the 2, 2 into 3, 3 into the 4, homie just squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze
Old 02-16-2006, 11:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wheres that pic of the nos bottle in the gym bag?
Old 02-17-2006, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: stealth/hidden nitrous? (built562)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Quick99Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
lol I think the Myth Busters busted that one... at least with an oxygen tank. Turns out that a puncture turns the tank into a rocket, not a bomb. Probably won't explode but it'll sure wanna go places.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's true, when shot with a slug or rifle. However a serious rear end collision wouldn't just puncture it, it would crush it. I would not want to be anywhere near compressed gas when the bottle is being smashed into half it's original size, that could be ugly.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:02 AM

nos. lmao i guess all of you guys "live a quarter mile at a time" . . . =[
Old 02-17-2006, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rvd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">back in the day like 8 years ago my roommate and me would hide our nos bottles in our rear bumper only 6 screws to to take out to get the bumper off and to fill the bottle before we went out that night. ppl assumed we had nos but with a gutted hatch and with our hoods popped (I had direct port on the bottom side of the intake manifold. my friend had a dry shot coming in the obd-2 IAT port on the intake pipe of his obd-1 car - nobody figured that out) so everything looked legit and nobody would ever guess to look under the rear bumper for a nos bottle.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No you just made it seam like u would fill up the bottle and head out for the night, meaning out on the streets.

It's a damn good idea for the track and whatnot
Old 02-17-2006, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: stealth/hidden nitrous? (dohcdelsol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sonnyboi612 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wheres that pic of the nos bottle in the gym bag?</TD></TR></TABLE>

always loved that ****!!
Old 02-17-2006, 09:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: stealth/hidden nitrous? (mike1114)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike1114 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

always loved that ****!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats what i did had socks and shorts sitting over it lol, now i am a littlemore blatant... i just dont care anymore...
Old 02-17-2006, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (blkhatch92)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blkhatch92 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nos. lmao i guess all of you guys "live a quarter mile at a time" . . . =[</TD></TR></TABLE>

easier to type nos than nitrous ***.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:31 PM

Default Re: (sonnyboi612)

Well like others have said you can hide it anywhere you want, but why not just turn the boost up 2-3 pounds? That will solve your problem right there. They are going to see you have a turbo anyways, so why are you trying to hide a small shot of nitrous? Not trying to sound like the fast and the furious, but winning is winning lol. I mean it really doesn't matter who is running what as long as you win.

Oh and I like the putting a towel over the bottle idea.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (beerbongskickass)

what if you have maxxed out your turbo, what then beerbongskickass lol.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:48 PM

Default Re: (Soccerking3000)

What then? You get a bigger turbo, but his turbo isn't maxed out, so it doesn't matter.

The only reason you would need to hide anything anyways is if it's stolen. I've been around street racing enough to know that.
Old 02-17-2006, 04:55 PM

Default Re: (beerbongskickass)

I had my nitrous pretty hidden when I had it. If you get a zex kit you can hide the control box pretty much any where. Paint it to match your car's engine bay and screw it in a nice non visable area.

Quick Reply: stealth/hidden nitrous?