Notices

started my fully built d16z6 swap/turbo/ntercooler nitrous kit goin in at same time lots of pics 56k

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2004, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default started my fully built d16z6 swap/turbo/ntercooler nitrous kit goin in at same time lots of pics 56k

well started pretty late today all i got done with the intercooler mounting and long block assembled, oil pressure gauge installed, golden eagle vacuum manifold installed, only thing missing is complete intake manifold. i have a y8 intake manifold but im scared it wont work with my z6 with d16z6 hondata gasket. WOULD IT WORK? would there be any leaks? cuz when i used the hondata gasket with my y8 long block it leaked. but now this is a z6 long block hmm. doin all my work with a friend at my bros shop

UNITED AUTO GLASS
2520 W. 5TH ST.
SANTA ANA CA 92703

714 836 6330 tell him anh sent u.

if anyone needs their glass to be fixxed (ANY year/make/model any glass on the car) he's the guy to call.

anyways. tomorrow we should be getting alot done if my friend has the time.

setup:
d16z6 bottom
pistons
rods
sleeved

head:
stock
only skunk2 cam gear lol.. so its not fully built but hey stock head should handle it right?
stock z6 head gasket
arp head studs
hondata i/m gasket

fuel management:
aem fuel rail
b n m (those keys dont work lol.) fpr
some sort of fuel pressure gauge
450cc dsm injectors
vafc hack (uberdata soon got burner but new to the uberdata scene someone teach me to chip? i got p72 socketed ecu i need knocksensor taken off . )
walbro 255 fuel pump

turbo setup:
sohc rev hard manifold
pretty big t3 (dunno the ar )
tial style wastegate
2.5 rev hard down pipe w/ flexpipe thermal heat wrapped
ss braided oil line
flamenco-t firewall kit/turbo stud kit (which doesnt fit my sohc rev hard mani /turbo down pipe stud kit ( only using four of these cuz on is broken in the turbo thread)/ and last this ss braided hose just the hose!
johnnyracecar 6 inch intercooler
jcwhitney piping but charge pipe is from greddy ( one with hks bov on it that is thermal heat wrapped also does that do anything?)
greddy profec b boost controller
golden eagle vacuum manifold

nitrous:
nx ntercooler kit
5lb bottle (so tiny lol)
autometer nitrous pressure gauge

gauges:
autometer oil pressure gauge (mech)
autometer boost gauge
autometer air/fuel ratio gauge

there's more can't think of it right at this moment. been a long day. here are the pics let me know what u guyz think bad quality though camera phone but hopefully i get better/more pics tomorrow it will be updated. flame away

pics with bumper on intercooler already in. cant even see it should i cut the grill?

oh and did i tell u my bro ONLY carries SNAPON tools from hook tools to screw drivers etc. lol. makes it sooo much easier believe it or not this baby right here can take out an axle bolt like nothing

and this baby right here made the intercooler mounting very fast!

there are the pics. let me know what u guyz think any opinions/help on my setup would be appreciated!

oh and i was gonna use a ssautochrome mani but noones gonna make me a new downpipe so im not gonna use it for awhile.

pics will be updated daily so come back and check it out. thanks for droppin by..

^^06/27/04^^

ok here are the better pics i promised. well we got the y8 out and swapped everything in. still not done. friend got lazy hopefully i get done in couple days. is it ok to drive my car with no intercooler piping? i ended up using the y8 i/m hope it doesnt leak.

im worried about my oil return i used a clamp to open that kink back up

hondata gasket with y8 intake manifold hope it doesnt leak.

^^o6/28/o4^^

well im done with the swap/turbo install next is the nx ntercooler kit. but first i gotta take care of the leak at the intake manifold. just like i thought it leaks. imma have to find a skunk2 intake manifold now or just a z6 i dunno. im pretty pissed. i need to get t3 turbo gasket it leaks at the flange also. the wastegate is pretty loud lol. but with the leak it makes my **** rev up and down i hate it. not happy with the swap but hopefully this is easy fix. either than that it drives smooth.

can't hear the bov though. i want to hear that infamous hks ssq blow off but im running stock injectors. does anyone know where to set my fuel on vafc? with stock injectors for the time being? until i get the 450's in?

well here are some more pics. oh yeah i just went and did my intercooler piping. came out pretty damn good i think used an electric saw to cut the pipes. and i have to mod my a/c mount too lol. should have taken pics of it. but damn the electric saw cut it real easy. enjoy! oh yeah installed my aem fuel rail and walbro pump also

^^o6/29/o4^^

k wtf are these lil holes and notice the y8 gasket is way different?

Modified by egturbo at 1:08 AM 7/1/2004
Old 06-27-2004, 11:32 PM

Default Re: started my fully built d16z6 swap/turbo/ntercooler nitrous kit goin in at same time lots of pics

ouch .. my eyes.. invest in a new digital camera, stop using that camera you took out of the frosted flakes cereal box btw set up looks good
Old 06-27-2004, 11:42 PM

Default Re: started my fully built d16z6 swap/turbo/ntercooler nitrous kit goin in at same time lots of pics

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by project dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ouch .. my eyes.. invest in a new digital camera, stop using that camera you took out of the frosted flakes cereal box btw set up looks good </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol sorry bout that yea damn ur eyes do hurt lookin at those pics.. better pics tomorrow i promise along with pics of longblock.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by project dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ouch .. my eyes.. invest in a new digital camera, stop using that camera you took out of the frosted flakes cereal box btw set up looks good </TD></TR></TABLE>

LMAO!!

Looks good.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

setup looks good

enjoy it

btw stop using ur cell phone for pics.... j/k

is better than nuttin
Old 06-28-2004, 11:11 AM

Your setup is looking real good man, can't wait to see the other pics.

Good luck
Old 06-28-2004, 05:50 PM

Default Re: (95civ)

thanks for the replies uploading new pics right now but one question..

would it be ok to drive my car with no intercooler piping? will that over spin the turbo? someone guy said it wasnt a good idea. but i have no car to drive. lol.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:11 PM

Default Re: (egturbo)

pics are up
Old 06-29-2004, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice.

More and more D Series turbo setups every day.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:46 AM

He spent his money on some nice car parts instead of a blingin $800 digital camera thats gonna be worth $0.50 in a five years. What a dumbass.
Old 06-29-2004, 09:28 AM

un - thermal wrap that IC piping. Trying to cool it down not keep the heat in.
Old 06-29-2004, 10:22 AM

Default Re: (pete98m3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pete98m3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">un - thermal wrap that IC piping. Trying to cool it down not keep the heat in. </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats the cold side. shouldnt u prevent heat soak?
Old 06-29-2004, 10:37 AM

looks nice! kinda like my setup...

and i'd like to know about the IC piping wrap too...
Old 06-29-2004, 10:51 PM

Default Re: (quicksilver17981)

done! but one thing leaks at intake manifold im using hondata z6 gasket with y8 manifold. leaks. revs up and down. vacuum leak. omg i hate this. gotta look for a z6 or skunk2 one now. anyone got skunk2 for sale cheap? will post pics in a min. gotta eat so hungry its 12 am here
Old 06-29-2004, 11:38 PM

updated with more pics.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:16 PM

I enjoyed the pics
Old 06-30-2004, 09:32 PM

thanks for the nice replies wow. my engine bay gets so damn hot. time to get a vented hood. car running like ****. throwing five codes revs up and down all day at idle shifting sucks doesnt blow off. leaking at intake manifold. just lil problems but sucks.

the codes the ecu is throwing is 23, 3, 10, 15, 17
Old 06-30-2004, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by egturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thanks for the nice replies wow. my engine bay gets so damn hot. time to get a vented hood. car running like ****. throwing five codes revs up and down all day at idle shifting sucks doesnt blow off. leaking at intake manifold. just lil problems but sucks.

the codes the ecu is throwing is 23, 3, 10, 15, 17 </TD></TR></TABLE> I don't know if you know what those codes are but here is a list of them....
http://www.c-speedracing.com/faq/05.php
Old 06-30-2004, 09:56 PM

oh and my intake manifold still gets hella hot with my hondata gasket
Old 06-30-2004, 10:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by egturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh and my intake manifold still gets hella hot with my hondata gasket </TD></TR></TABLE>

It might be because you insulated your Charge Piping...
Old 06-30-2004, 10:54 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bryson &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It might be because you insulated your Charge Piping... </TD></TR></TABLE>

nah happen same way on my stock y8
Old 07-01-2004, 12:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (pete98m3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pete98m3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">un - thermal wrap that IC piping. Trying to cool it down not keep the heat in. </TD></TR></TABLE>

The piping is already going to get hot....you can't make it cooler than ambient air by exposing it to ambient air Granted, compressed air is going to be hot but I'll bet the air under the hood is hotter.

If you wrap it or thermal coat it, it will do a better job of preventing it from getting hotter, it won't make it hotter though. Your charge air is cooled with the intercooler, not the piping in the hot *** engine bay!

So yes, thermal wrap or thermal coating can be good for your charge piping.
Old 07-12-2004, 03:58 PM

Default Re: (Smashback)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Smashback &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So yes, thermal wrap or thermal coating can be good for your charge piping.</TD></TR></TABLE>

sweet thanks
Old 10-13-2004, 03:49 PM

good looking setup!

why did you insulate your charge piping?!?!?!

yes, it will insulate it, but it will also keep the heat in once it becomes heat-soaked.
Old 10-13-2004, 04:27 PM

there is a lil spot open next to the bov and when i touch it its still cool to touch and the bov will be hot so i think it works.. but that setup is for sale only the swap no turbo stuff

Quick Reply: started my fully built d16z6 swap/turbo/ntercooler nitrous kit goin in at same time lots of pics 56k