Notices

Stand alone fuel management Simple Digital System (SDS) what you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2003, 11:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stand alone fuel management Simple Digital System (SDS) what you guys think?

Does anyone have heared about this system? how easy this thing to setup? here's the link:
http://www.sdsefi.com/specific.html
Old 03-19-2003, 02:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Stand alone fuel management Simple Digital System (SDS) what you guys think? (boostedb20vtec)

Great system and wonderful product support. You have to wire it (or buy $$$ harness) and run a GM coolant temp sensor... after you get everything needed for it you run $1100 or so in a typical application.

Given what the cost turns into, I kinda have to recommend avoiding it on a Honda application unless you are trying to cheap out and not buy a laptop for one of the other stand alone systems.

As I see it; Hondata, Zdyne, or the extra beans for an EMS are your options if you want to purchase, PGMFI Forum might have some interesting options for you if you want to learn.

*edit: For anyone with a non-Honda app, I really have to say SDS is a wonderful company. Their tech support is very supportive; I know of no less than three newbie tuner/builder people I'd dread having to give tech support advice to that SDS educated and left them feeling good inside. Not many companies are like that!

[Modified by J. Davis, 3:59 AM 3/19/2003]
Old 03-19-2003, 03:16 AM

Default Re: Stand alone fuel management Simple Digital System (SDS) what you guys think? (boostedb20vtec)

they dont have all there bugs worked out yet. I used it and it gave me nouthing but problems they have big problems with there magnet pick-up. After 3 days on the phone with Ross in Canada they had no idea wat was going on they said it was my 1/4" steel bracket was moving. when all was done i got my money back and had 8 burnt intake valves. go with the hondata it works.
Old 03-19-2003, 07:22 AM
New User

Default Re: Stand alone fuel management Simple Digital System (GR)

they dont have all there bugs worked out yet. I used it and it gave me nouthing but problems they have big problems with there magnet pick-up. After 3 days on the phone with Ross in Canada they had no idea wat was going on they said it was my 1/4" steel bracket was moving. when all was done i got my money back and had 8 burnt intake valves. go with the hondata it works.
Thats the only tricky thing with SDS or any other trigger type ms. If you dont have that setup right, the car is going to misfire all the time.

SDS is a GREAT ems. I've used it primarily on Nissans with great success. It's VERY simple to use. However since you have a Honda I'd recommend Hondata, it's just as easy to use and simpler to set up.
Old 03-19-2003, 07:32 AM

I have used it on two drag vehicles with great success(one low 11 second vehicle and one 10 second vehicle)

They just came out with the new EM4 which has much more powerful trigger magnets...

If you have any questions about it, please feel free to give me a call

Dave
Super T Motorsports
Old 03-19-2003, 09:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Stand alone fuel management Simple Digital System (SuperT)

I know a shop that is running this system in his crx race car allmotor and he said that he likes it better than hondata. His crx is sohc and ran mid 12's. I ask him about the system and he said he does not have any problem with so far. He said it's great for turbo as well.
Old 03-20-2003, 05:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Stand alone fuel management Simple Digital System (boostedb20vtec)

I've had no problems with the crank pick-up once I got the mangets close enough. Not on a honda though

Very easy to tune/great customer service/reliable. Its hondata wasn't such an easy install I would say go with sds.
Old 03-20-2003, 06:30 AM
New User

Default Re: Stand alone fuel management Simple Digital System (TURBO18)

I've had no problems with the crank pick-up once I got the mangets close enough. Not on a honda though

Very easy to tune/great customer service/reliable. Its hondata wasn't such an easy install I would say go with sds.
One of my shop sponsors uses SDS exclusively, uses them on all their SR20DET swaps in 240s and Sentras and have done quite a few on Hondas from a 12.0 EG hatch with LS/VTEC to their own 11.80 CRX and 11.60 2nd Gen Integra, Millenium Autosports (757)488-4909 talk to Grey he can help you on it.