Notices

SSAUTOCHROME Replacement Wastegate Springs...is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 12:45 AM
476 whp / 323 tq @ 17 PSI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SSAUTOCHROME Replacement Wastegate Springs...is it worth it?

I KNOW I KNOW !!
SSAUTOCHROME

i dont have any parts from ssautochrome BUT when shopping for a smaller replacement wastegate spring then the one included with my Tial 38mm wastegate, i decided to start with a 0.4 bar (5.8psi) spring for my stock bottom block. i rather not spend over $30 for a lil spring that Tial offers and saw SSautochrome selling the "same" springs for $15 (i can get two for the price of Tial's one). BASED ON EXPERIENCE, is this spring good enough? a spring is a spring right? or is this garbage like there other products and i will see boost spikes like crazy? opinions please!

SSAUTOCHROME REPLACEMENT WASTEGATE SPRINGS
Old 01-25-2006, 05:42 AM

Default Re: SSAUTOCHROME Replacement Wastegate Springs...is it worth it? (integra_LSR)

I just bought one yestersday and am waiting for it in the mail. I would just get it because a spring is a spring but I'm sure someone else will come in here in a second and say that their cousin's friend's brother had their spring and it broke in half. I should be using the spring by next weekend so I'll let you know how it turns out.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:26 AM

Default Re: SSAUTOCHROME Replacement Wastegate Springs...is it worth it? (bebfsu1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bebfsu1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I should be using the spring by next weekend so I'll let you know how it turns out.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea, keep me updated, thanks
Old 01-25-2006, 11:59 AM

I say go for it - if you can expletive up a mere spring - you shouldn't have a company.

i thitnk they can do it
Old 01-25-2006, 12:13 PM

Default Re: (TheKINGPin)

go for it!! let us all know how it goes!!!
Old 01-25-2006, 01:30 PM

Default Re: (SlowAzEg)

well an associate/huge mfg i know who gets stuff made overseas let me know that SSAC has really really bad quality control when it comes to MFG the WG springs. very inconsitent spring rates.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:39 PM

Default Re: (project dc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by project dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> well an associate/huge mfg i know who gets stuff made overseas let me know that SSAC has really really bad quality control when it comes to MFG the WG springs. very inconsitent spring rates.</TD></TR></TABLE>

how much can u get the tial springs for? any cheaper then they offer?
Old 01-25-2006, 02:43 PM

Default Re: (integra_LSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integra_LSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

how much can u get the tial springs for? any cheaper then they offer?</TD></TR></TABLE>

hit up forcedperformance.net
Old 01-25-2006, 02:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

like it really matters if somebody buys their product and it works great. you'll just have 30 other people saying "i dont care if it works great and costs basically nothing, you're and idiot for buying it"
Old 01-25-2006, 02:55 PM

Default Re: (91civicDXdude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 91civicDXdude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">like it really matters if somebody buys their product and it works great. you'll just have 30 other people saying "i dont care if it works great and costs basically nothing, you're and idiot for buying it"</TD></TR></TABLE>

??

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by project dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

hit up forcedperformance.net </TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks
Old 01-25-2006, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im have a similar situation...i baught the 6psi spring from SSAC and the 8psi spring....and they both have worked great for me....i mean its a spring, c'mon now
Old 01-25-2006, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SingleCammin)

worked great for me on my tial. 38mm

Many have tried their wastegate here on HT, and no bad things about them whatsoever. Ive used 3 so far for friends car, and it seems to hold nicely. Boost is clean and stable.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:27 PM

Default Re: (synik)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by synik &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">worked great for me on my tial. 38mm

Many have tried their wastegate here on HT, and no bad things about them whatsoever. Ive used 3 so far for friends car, and it seems to hold nicely. Boost is clean and stable.</TD></TR></TABLE>

a customer of mine quad damage was ranting and raving he spent 160 on a tial knock off bov and WG and we were overpaying. then we were tuning and slapped it on the dyno and it didnt hold boost for crap. kept spiking to 15 psi. needless to say . afterwards he kinda shut up and went on the " i hate SSAC" " bandwagon"

i acutally have access too 100% tial 38M gate copies. high quality from machining you can tell. its very fine quality to where the housings even look polished. and side by side and oepned up they were high quality. however. they wont be release for a lil while cuz we foudn a problem with the diaphram and are workign with the MFG to fix it. basically the diaphram got pinched during installation and its foudn to be an issue the last 3 we inspected. same goes for the SSAC&gt; very common. and my wholesaler compared the two. the SSAC 3 out of 3 had inconsistent spring rates
Old 01-25-2006, 05:38 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by project dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

a customer of mine quad damage was ranting and raving he spent 160 on a tial knock off bov and WG and we were overpaying. then we were tuning and slapped it on the dyno and it didnt hold boost for crap. kept spiking to 15 psi. needless to say . afterwards he kinda shut up and went on the " i hate SSAC" " bandwagon"

i acutally have access too 100% tial 38M gate copies. high quality from machining you can tell. its very fine quality to where the housings even look polished. and side by side and oepned up they were high quality. however. they wont be release for a lil while cuz we foudn a problem with the diaphram and are workign with the MFG to fix it. basically the diaphram got pinched during installation and its foudn to be an issue the last 3 we inspected. same goes for the SSAC&gt; very common. and my wholesaler compared the two. the SSAC 3 out of 3 had inconsistent spring rates</TD></TR></TABLE>

well i dont want my wastegate to spike, i invested on an authentic tial wastegate and juss because of the spring, i would hate for it to spike. well based on experience, im hearing some good things and i know project dc2 knows what hes talking about. well i checked forcedperformance.net and they have the tial springs for 30 bucks too. i know its only a difference of 15 bucks for a tial one from the ssautochrome one, but yea, if the ssautochrome one is good enough like what other people say on here, then i can purchase 2 springs from ssauto for the price of tial's one. more room to boost at different psi.

need more recommendations by experience please!

Old 01-25-2006, 05:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Strange, maybe he got a wrong spring rate?

Seems to hold boost fine for me and friends. But yea, no luck for you I guess.

Old 01-25-2006, 05:41 PM

why dont you just get a hallman ES for i think 58$ on boostcontroller.com ( acutally its not avail there i just checked but you can look on the net for the hallman ES)

or the JOE P which is avail for 40$ shipped

then you got " many springs" to choose from with a twist of a ****.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:51 PM

i only want to change from 9lbs to 5lbs for $15/spring when those controllers cost $40+

i dont want to rely on boost controllers
Old 01-25-2006, 06:06 PM

i guess .. its another 20$ more than the SSAC. its your motor not mine.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol. Its only $30 bucks! Spend that bitch like its your last day! Easy as that.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Just Drank A 5th of VODKA Dare me to drive, Ca, u.s.

you love ebay don't you

i'd say to try it
Old 01-25-2006, 07:45 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by synik &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Lol. Its only $30 bucks! Spend that bitch like its your last day! Easy as that. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i have enough money of course to pay the $30 BUT I want to know if the spring ssauto offers is good enough. some people have used it and said its fine and others heard differently, why should i pay extra (even if its just $15) for a stupid spring because its shipped from Tial. i kno ssauto has a bad rep and i admit they do sell some garbage but when it comes down to a spring, you never know. You got to understand that the extra money i can save can be well spent. If the ssauto one works just as good, buying the Tial is like buying the ssauto one and giving away $15. i'm not cheap but i want the best price for what im buying if it works the same.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:47 PM

i got some springs from my bed that will work too .. high quality no ? stress and fatigue tested ? nope ... heat treated. or metal that can withstand the heat and not break down over time ? i got some springs from my exhaust you could fit as a valve spring. might work mgiht not . why take the risk &gt;?
Old 01-25-2006, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Just Drank A 5th of VODKA Dare me to drive, Ca, u.s.

i didn't say anything was wrong with the ssauto, i actually like your mentality towards purchasing parts, from your radiator thread to this one, i think you are one of the few that is not just buying into only name brands... :h-t dap: matter of fact i'm about to cop of those radiators my damn self
Old 01-25-2006, 08:02 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integra_LSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
some people have used it and said its fine and others heard differently</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's what I've noticed too. You don't hear much negative from people that have used the springs themselves. As for the comments about testing, heat treating, whatever else you want to say...It doesn't take much to make a spring with a certain spring rate. I refuse to pay twice as much for something that functions just fine for what I need it for. It doesn't need to be able to withstand the heat of a volcano or anything, it just needs to open at a certain pressure.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:03 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by project dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i got some springs from my bed that will work too .. high quality no ? stress and fatigue tested ? nope ... heat treated. or metal that can withstand the heat and not break down over time ? i got some springs from my exhaust you could fit as a valve spring. might work mgiht not . why take the risk &gt;?</TD></TR></TABLE>

well theres a difference between the springs in your bed/exhaust then to the springs ssauto offers that are meant to be wastegate springs. if the springs that ssauto is truly garbage, then yea, they just might as well be bed/exhaust springs. Since ssauto is an alternative and labels their springs "Replacement Wastegate Springs" then thats y im asking whether they are rele "replacement wastegate springs" by experience and not garbage. I havent decided just yet, its obvious that your answer to my thread is no, its not worth it. but to everyone else that says that the springs actually worked well for them then thats what keeps the thread going and they telling me to save my $15. for those that just say, "go for it" I ignore. the ones that have the springs and you that heard things about it are the only ones that help me.

Quick Reply: SSAUTOCHROME Replacement Wastegate Springs...is it worth it?