Notices

Spoolin Performance Mani DP Piping + T3/T4 + JRC 8" Cooler + AC & PS = Mock Up Pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 07:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spoolin Performance Mani DP Piping + T3/T4 + JRC 8" Cooler + AC & PS = Mock Up Pics

I don't have all my turbo parts yet, but I wanted to mock up what I have so far to see what I might need to modify. I am definitely going to be replacing the 2 OEM fans with a couple 10" slim fans from b18bturbo. I also need to clock the turbo a little bit more to get the driver side intercooler pipe to sit higher. Right now the intercooler is just a little bit below the point where you jack up the front of the Integra. I am planning on cutting off the splash guard part on the bottom of the bumper and running a lip so that the bottom of the intercooler won't show as I don't want to modify the support to move the intercooler up more. Right now its supported at 4 places two on the upper support and 2 on the lower support so its solid. If anyone has any questions or wants pics of anything else just let me know. Here's the pics:

Modified by King Tut33 at 6:15 PM 10/10/2005
Old 10-10-2005, 07:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Spoolin Performance Mani DP Piping + T3/T4 + JRC 8" Cooler + AC & PS = Mock Up Pics (King Tut33)

looks good

one suggestion........try fitting your bumper cover on........i had to cut my metal bumper support to fit the bumper cover on. the 8" JRC intercooler hangs down to much.

if you cut the lower part of the bumper to clear the intercooler the bumper cover will have no support. it will be extremly loose and move around.....its up to you how you want to do it....but i cut the entire center bumper support out. mounted the intercooler then welded my own L bracket support to clear it.........works great.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks good, I plan on running a similar setup. How much for the piping, manifold, and Intercooler? I will go ahead and purchase soem for myself and have that all on the car and ready then bolt the turbo and mani up later. Also I will be painting my piping. Do you plan on painting yours?
Old 10-10-2005, 07:44 AM

Default Re: Spoolin Performance Mani DP Piping + T3/T4 + JRC 8" Cooler + AC & PS = Mock Up Pics (non-VTEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by non-VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">looks good

one suggestion........try fitting your bumper cover on........i had to cut my metal bumper support to fit the bumper cover on. the 8" JRC intercooler hangs down to much.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I did fit the bumper cover. As it sits right now I can get the bumper on with no modifications but I have to bend the plastic on the bottom up over the bottom of the intercooler and I would have to use zip ties or some other method to attach it to the bottom support. I might end up doing that and like you said just make some brackets. I figured that the screws and clips on the fenders and all the bolts along the top would be enough support for the bumper.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:46 AM

Default Re: (ctownintegra)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ctownintegra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Looks good, I plan on running a similar setup. How much for the piping, manifold, and Intercooler? I will go ahead and purchase soem for myself and have that all on the car and ready then bolt the turbo and mani up later. Also I will be painting my piping. Do you plan on painting yours?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I haven't decided on painting or powdercoating but I definitely won't be leaving them raw as you can see how easily they rust. I got Phil's Spoolin Performance deals on H-T for the mani and piping. Check out the Sponsors in Forced Induction. The cooler was $245 shipped from http://www.johnnyracecar.com and it comes with all the hardware and brackets I used to mount it.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (King Tut33)

im running the same exact set up, i tried to mount the ic the way you have yours and the bumper would not fit, so i cut the splash shield and when i put the bumper on it looked like **** cause the ic was hanging below the bumper, i removed the bumper support and made a braket so it would fit better. good luck with your set up
Old 10-10-2005, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (7k rdlne)

most definately the front bumper support to raise the 8" fmic i upward so everything will sit nicely....so ground clearenece won't be an issue...last thing you want to be doing is bottoming out ur fmic...

the kit looks nice...Spoolin4life...
Old 10-10-2005, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (7k rdlne)

pretty clean and nice setup

if you don't mind, can you post some pix under this, i mean shots underneath this area:

i'm just curious on how the DP and charge pipe intersect/routed towards the FMIC's inlet.

many thanks
Old 10-10-2005, 09:30 AM

Looks good. That baby is crammed in there. Let me know when you are seeing boost with that setup. I have heard alot of good about spooling performance, but others are telling me that the log wont the performance that something closer to equal length will.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (gents97civ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gents97civ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Looks good. That baby is crammed in there. Let me know when you are seeing boost with that setup. I have heard alot of good about spooling performance, but others are telling me that the log wont the performance that something closer to equal length will.</TD></TR></TABLE>

im running the same set up in my integra with a b16 in it, i made 287whp and 203 tq on 12psi, so imo i think spoolin products proform great
Old 10-10-2005, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

looks more crammed than my setup. lol i don't have the reseivor tank on the abs side. i don't even know what that is on your car. lol

is that the spoolinfab ic piping kit? couplers and all? doesn't look to bad. kinda rusty, but it'll burn off.

for my bumper, i had to cut off all the black grills pieces (98-01 front end) and even cut a piece of the bracket that held the bumper lense. but i have a 3.5inch thick IC. my IC is barely clearing that bottem black plastic (splash guard?) and it's just a 6inch. my dumptubed was aimed at it and when it got stuck open after i was boosting, it melted a big chuck of it. hahahaha. might well cut it i guess.

careful not to melt your fan's with all that heat in the front. lol

but over all it looks good. take some pics with the bumper on
Old 10-10-2005, 10:50 AM

Default Re: (ef92b)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ef92b &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">pretty clean and nice setup

if you don't mind, can you post some pix under this, i mean shots underneath</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah no problem. I am about to jack the car up and take everything off. I'm not really worried about ground clearance as I don't plan to slam the car and it is only about 1/4" lower than the bottom support and I really don't want to cut the upper support. The pipes are Spoolin but I spent well over $100 on the couplers and T clamps from ATP Turbo. I forgot one connector so I gotta order it still as well. The only Spoolin coupler is the thick 90 degree bend used on the passenger side.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Spoolin Performance Mani DP Piping + T3/T4 + JRC 8" Cooler + AC & PS = Mock Up Pics (King Tut33)

everybody post up their nice lookin spoolin performance set-ups!
Old 10-10-2005, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Spoolin Performance Mani DP Piping + T3/T4 + JRC 8" Cooler + AC & PS = Mock Up Pics (jdmzintegra

do you think there is any way that kit will clear a koyo full size rad.?
Old 10-10-2005, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Spoolin Performance Mani DP Piping + T3/T4 + JRC 8" Cooler + AC & PS = Mock Up Pics (jdmzintegra

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmzintegra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">everybody post up their nice lookin spoolin performance set-ups!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes please do,
On a side note, What paint would u guys recommand for the ic piping so it doesnt rust, Im up here in canada and the weather can get bad. ?
Old 10-10-2005, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if u want them powdercoated let me know.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:17 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by danthemang3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">do you think there is any way that kit will clear a koyo full size rad.?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I added some more pics at the top. I think the kit will clear a wider full radiator setup as long as you use pusher fans in front of the radiator.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:35 PM
sh!t happens.

G

that is nice setup.. Spoolin has nice stuff
Old 10-10-2005, 05:22 PM

Tut, tut, tut why did you get rid of your hatch ... JK I cant wait to see the setup in person!
Old 10-10-2005, 05:52 PM

Anytime man. I been wanting to see your setup too.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:52 PM

Default Re: (King Tut33)

i just got a hold of some new Bends. veeeeeeeeery tight radius so the low hanging 1st pipe will no longer be an issue. i did a car today with the bends. fit ****** perfect. as for the reservior. i recommend removing that to sit the pipes up higher. its hard to fit stuff with that thing still there.

otehr than that everything looks great. lemme know if you need anything !

in the future i will see i can get stuff powdercoated at agood prices. and imma try to do some other stuff. soon i will be retailing turbo items such as garrett. turbonetics and precisoin as well as a number of other things including suspesnion items like LCon traction bars etcc.

Modified by project dc2 at 8:10 PM 10/10/2005
Old 10-10-2005, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looking very good
i think you should cut the lower half of the bumper support to bring the intercooler up
Old 10-10-2005, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Spoolin Performance Mani DP Piping + T3/T4 + JRC 8" Cooler + AC & PS = Mock Up Pics (riceball777

just paint the pipes with the kargen 1600 degree paint mine are holding up good so far

SPOOLIN
Old 10-10-2005, 10:39 PM

Default Re: (project dc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by project dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> i just got a hold of some new Bends. veeeeeeeeery tight radius so the low hanging 1st pipe will no longer be an issue. i did a car today with the bends. fit ****** perfect. as for the reservior. i recommend removing that to sit the pipes up higher. its hard to fit stuff with that thing still there.

otehr than that everything looks great. lemme know if you need anything !

in the future i will see i can get stuff powdercoated at agood prices. and imma try to do some other stuff. soon i will be retailing turbo items such as garrett. turbonetics and precisoin as well as a number of other things including suspesnion items like LCon traction bars etcc.

Modified by project dc2 at 8:10 PM 10/10/2005</TD></TR></TABLE>

that was my car, lol. thx phil. everything looks nice and tight, couldn't be any better. i'll get pics up soon.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

how big is your downpipe?

Quick Reply: Spoolin Performance Mani DP Piping + T3/T4 + JRC 8" Cooler + AC & PS = Mock Up Pics