Notices

in spokane area, need a tune

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon7 in spokane area, need a tune

looked in the tuner directory and did not find anything local. is there anyone in the area of spokane that can help me out ? i have a basemap already that i bought from pherable.com. tuner needs to be experienced, i want a quality tune. thank you
Old 03-24-2009, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: in spokane area, need a tune

ttt dont get stuck with a bad tune like me
Old 03-24-2009, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i live in cda.. but maybe kaizen.. who are you??
Old 03-25-2009, 02:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

my name is jason.

Last edited by jasoncrashtech; 03-25-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:35 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I can tune your car, but on what? You have crome, hondata, ectune, aem? I mostly tune AEM, but I can tune others as well. But it would be nice to know what you have because I'm not setup to tune hondata unless you have everything already.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ii dont tune.. i just noticed you were from spokane.. i no theres a couple guys that tune in spokane but i dont know there names.. the only actual reputale shop anywhere close is kaizen speed.. and i know that they are setup to tune just about anything.. whats your setup out of curiosity
Old 03-25-2009, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i'd be careful with Kaizenspeed. my stock b16 turbo let go on their dyno, not sure why it blew, but it did. busted all 4 pistons' ringlands. not blaming the tuner at all, stuff happens i know.

after that, i looked to them for help rebuilding the motor and they acted like i did not exist. just a weird deal man. they could have sold $2,000 worth of parts, but they chose to not reply to my emails. but they got their $600 for the "tune" if you wanna call a couple hours on the dyno and a big bang a tune. if you do go there, MAKE SURE THEY TURN ON THE DAMN FANS TOO!!! hopefully they have a new one now that doesn't overheat.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wow man ^ thanks for the heads up.

my setup is

stock jdm gsr motor, journal bearing 57trim t3/t4 turbo. peakboost ramhorn manifold. tial bov & waste gate. 3in dp. 550cc rc injectors. itr cams (not installed). i have a wideband. skunk2 intake manifold.
i also have a fullrace intake manifold, aem fuel rail & fpr but i don't know if i'll install them. (might sell)
Old 03-25-2009, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Andy@AMR
I can tune your car, but on what? You have crome, hondata, ectune, aem? I mostly tune AEM, but I can tune others as well. But it would be nice to know what you have because I'm not setup to tune hondata unless you have everything already.
which one do you use? i don't have hondata or aem hardware, i plan on tuning the basemap a bought.

i'm not driving the car and setup is not installed. trying to get this taken car of ahead time and to see how much it will cost.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:32 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Well the only way to really tune your basemap is to tune it with crome. I prefer not to use crome, but I can. My experience is with the AEM EMS, and that can be had for 575 shipped off the classifieds. But it's all up to you bro. I can setup you up with Neptune, ectune, doesn't really matter to me, it's all the same in my eyes. Give me a call today if you want and I can answer whatever questions you have, and I'll be in Spokane next week. I happen to have a place there as well.

You have your hands on a Full-Race Intake manifold. I've never seen it in person, I'd like to check it out just for the hell of it.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hey i live in spokane and my friend does tuning for all of my friends does an awsome job for cheap and his name is ANDREW 509-280-0156 Just say whale dick JOSH told you to go to him and he will know who your talking about...anywhere from 100-300 for a full tune and burn you a chip
Old 03-25-2009, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

why thank you whale dick josh. lol. does he use crome ?

Last edited by jasoncrashtech; 03-25-2009 at 05:08 PM. Reason: i ****ing suck at typing
Old 03-25-2009, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Andy@AMR
Well the only way to really tune your basemap is to tune it with crome. I prefer not to use crome, but I can. My experience is with the AEM EMS, and that can be had for 575 shipped off the classifieds. But it's all up to you bro. I can setup you up with Neptune, ectune, doesn't really matter to me, it's all the same in my eyes. Give me a call today if you want and I can answer whatever questions you have, and I'll be in Spokane next week. I happen to have a place there as well.

You have your hands on a Full-Race Intake manifold. I've never seen it in person, I'd like to check it out just for the hell of it.
it can be tuned with ectune also. (or so i've been told "Although Phearable.net ecus come with Crome Professional basemaps, your ecu can still be used with other tuning systems" - pherable website) i've heard good things about ectune i'd like that but i don't think i can have it ready by next week.

if you want to check out the manifold, that wouldn't be a problem at all. do youy want me to call during business hour, my lunch break is at 12?
Old 03-25-2009, 10:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if you could get around the bellingham area dave lee Does great tunes! street or dyno!
Old 03-25-2009, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I had my car tuned by Reid at Kaizenspeed and was happy with them.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dave Lee or speed factory
Old 03-31-2009, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yes he does use chrome he will have you drive the car around like just daily drive and do a couple pulls then he will tune it on the freeway also then burns you a chip and your done he has done many of my friends car and all run perfect no problems what so ever and are faster than ever............sorry for not getting back to you sooner......did you give the guy a call??
Old 03-31-2009, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

SPEED FACTORY=JUNK!!!!!!!!!!! They have blown up many of my friends cars my buddy i have been telling you about tuned my friend who has a b20 vtec full type r internals and ctr cams and found that speed factory had it ridicously LEAN which is why he blew up 2 time in a 6 month period....also his car was only making 160whp on speed factorys tune and they were printing out fake sheets sayin it made 233 whp.....that place is junk all their tuners suck....his car is now running perfect after andrew tuned and making 235 whp...if you want a good street or dyno tune call this guy......
Old 03-31-2009, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JDM-DC2-GSR-96
SPEED FACTORY=JUNK!!!!!!!!!!! They have blown up many of my friends cars my buddy i have been telling you about tuned my friend who has a b20 vtec full type r internals and ctr cams and found that speed factory had it ridicously LEAN which is why he blew up 2 time in a 6 month period....also his car was only making 160whp on speed factorys tune and they were printing out fake sheets sayin it made 233 whp.....that place is junk all their tuners suck....his car is now running perfect after andrew tuned and making 235 whp...if you want a good street or dyno tune call this guy......
Wow, really? That sucks. I can't believe they would do that - print fake dyno sheets? Scandalous.

He was in the dyno bay the whole time, saw all the runs and the AFR plots at all part and WOT areas and knows they were perfect when I tuned it. If something changed and it started running leaner, that's got nothing to do with what I did while tuning it. Rick's a nice guy, but his car is the only NA car I've ever tuned that has had such wierd issues, and blown up twice. I have no idea what the deal is with that car, but we never have any such issues. Quit making up stories.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

JFK and Andy are both good people to deal with. No nonsense.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The reason why it was running lean was due to him running 290cc injectors which were no were near big enough if you tuned his car wouldnt you have seen it going lean??? i mean it had absolutely no FUEL after 6K????? we saw the problem right when we plugged in the computer...i just dont see how you wouldnt??? a tune just doesnt change it self...you kinda see what i mean?? not trying to be a dick but dude it just seems to me that it would of been easy to spot that problem...
Old 03-31-2009, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jasoncrashtech
stock jdm gsr motor, journal bearing 57trim t3/t4 turbo. peakboost ramhorn manifold. tial bov & waste gate. 3in dp. 550cc rc injectors. itr cams (not installed). i have a wideband. skunk2 intake manifold.
i also have a fullrace intake manifold, aem fuel rail & fpr but i don't know if i'll install them. (might sell)
I'm curious - all that stuff and you don't appear to have a 'bigger' MAP sensor. Why? You also have small injectors relative to your parts. I've seen 100% stock b16's with smaller turbos make enough power to max those injectors out.

And please don't tell me that lag = traction control. The fast ramp-up in power you get with a bigger turbo will overwhelm the tires just as easily as a fast-spooling turbo.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by timmydogg
i'd be careful with Kaizenspeed. my stock b16 turbo let go on their dyno, not sure why it blew, but it did. busted all 4 pistons' ringlands. not blaming the tuner at all, stuff happens i know.

after that, i looked to them for help rebuilding the motor and they acted like i did not exist. just a weird deal man. they could have sold $2,000 worth of parts, but they chose to not reply to my emails. but they got their $600 for the "tune" if you wanna call a couple hours on the dyno and a big bang a tune. if you do go there, MAKE SURE THEY TURN ON THE DAMN FANS TOO!!! hopefully they have a new one now that doesn't overheat.

SRSLY??? clown.

Who built your motor, I mean its stock???
Whats the history?
Did you rape it on a "tune" you had before?
How many miles on it?
Hoe much power were you going for?
Fuel?

Having had MANY positive experiences with Reid and Kaizen (including a motor shitting the bed due to a Defective piston I supplied them for my first build with (****ING ENDYN GARBAGE FTL).

Reid hooked me the **** up and built me another motor on the dealz.... NOT EVEN CLOSE TO HIS FAULT EITHER. I have a real problem believing thtat they just "ignored you".

Cant say enough about Dave Lee either.. He is THE MAN. He street tuned my **** to 600WHP, put it on the dyno and got 30 more too... He will be tuning my new setup as always.

James at Speedfactory
Rich at Pina
Blind Fashion...

Can all tune.

None local to Spokane though...

OP:

I WOULD HAVE NO ISSUE BRINGING YOUR **** TO REID AT KS...

AT ALL
Id let them him tune my car... **** I wish the shop was closer just because of the customer service alone.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JDM-DC2-GSR-96
The reason why it was running lean was due to him running 290cc injectors which were no were near big enough if you tuned his car wouldnt you have seen it going lean??? i mean it had absolutely no FUEL after 6K????? we saw the problem right when we plugged in the computer...i just dont see how you wouldnt??? a tune just doesnt change it self...you kinda see what i mean?? not trying to be a dick but dude it just seems to me that it would of been easy to spot that problem...
Are you serious? Did you not read my post above? Rick saw everything during the tune. I dyno tune 5-10 cars per week on the dyno, I practically live on the thing. You think I tune the AFR's by ear or something?

I obviously wouldn't have kept going if the car was leaning out. I have the AFR plots to prove it was holding a 13.0:1 afr all way to the rev limiter on every pull. And that "fake dyno sheet" comment is just plain stupid.

Obviously a tune that's burned to a chip doesn't change, but the fuel, sensors, battery, ignition, and fueling system components do. If it was running that lean when you guys checked it out, something changed between when I tuned it and when you noticed the lean condition. That is a perfectly good explanation as to why the motor kept blowing. Let me guess, it's got a different set of injectors in it now, and it's fine? This is why a wideband is always a good idea, as things do happen, and you'd never notice it without one.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yes he has rc 470cc injectors now or something like them not sure if rc makes a 470cc but ik he isnt running a resister box and he is only using like 30% - 70% duty cycle...

Quick Reply: in spokane area, need a tune