Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spark Racing heads?

What do you guys think?

B16A:

Street:
Price: $1400.00 (they provide bare head which is included in price)
Street application ported and polished
Stainless Steel Valves
Three angle valve job
Full Race Springs
Titanium Retainers
Chromoly Valve seats

Has anyone had experience with their work? I know they've made turbo manifolds and intercoolers. Or should I just stick with Portflow (~$1900 + customer provides head)?
Old 08-22-2003, 04:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Spark Racing heads? (hybridreams)

I have talked to the owner and he seems to know what he is talking about. That's a good price. They use Super Tech valves correct?
Old 08-22-2003, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Spark Racing heads? (0x64)

When I asked him who manufactured the valvetrain he said, "the brand of valve train has no name it is a customer order"
Old 08-22-2003, 07:06 PM

just to give you guys a heads up, i've delt with spark on numerous ocasions and they are not a very reputable shop. i first went there when i was new to the import scene and didn't know very much about motors. they use cheap quality products and there customer service sucks. myself and four of my friends all went there to get swaps. they lied about the internals of the motor as well as the products that were going into the project. i paid for a stage 3 clutch and got a exedy stock replacement. i've been to both shops and take a trip up there and see just how ghetto they are. only two out of the five motors that were bought there are still running.luckily mine was one of them. from my experience, i wouldn't trust them with my motor. i've seen first hand the quality and experience put into them.
Old 08-22-2003, 07:10 PM
WEST COAST

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hybridreams &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">When I asked him who manufactured the valvetrain he said, "the brand of valve train has no name it is a customer order"</TD></TR></TABLE>

The valves are made by Super Tech Correct and the Springs are made by ISKY and the Retainers are made by Rocket (EF-1) also all heads are ported by RS machines and PHR machines

Modified by SPARK RACING INC. at 9:04 PM 8/22/2003
Old 08-22-2003, 07:35 PM
WEST COAST

Default Re: Spark Racing heads? (crx1856)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crx1856 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just to give you guys a heads up, i've delt with spark on numerous ocasions and they are not a very reputable shop. i first went there when i was new to the import scene and didn't know very much about motors. they use cheap quality products and there customer service sucks. myself and four of my friends all went there to get swaps. they lied about the internals of the motor as well as the products that were going into the project. i paid for a stage 3 clutch and got a exedy stock replacement. i've been to both shops and take a trip up there and see just how ghetto they are. only two out of the five motors that were bought there are still running.luckily mine was one of them. from my experience, i wouldn't trust them with my motor. i've seen first hand the quality and experience put into them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

First and Formost sorry to hear about your situation. First Note*All Engines are for off road use only and are not intended for Highways use, all race Engines have no warranty do to the fact that they are intended for race purposes. Thats on all my invoices. Second you purchase a Stage 3 clutch and recieved a Exedy Replace Disc, Supply me with proof of purchase and a copy of your receipt and a new clutch kit will be issued to you right away free of charge. Third we use cheap quality engine parts? I guess if Aries ,JE, Super Tech, Jun, Crower, Eagle, RS machines sleeves & head , EF-1 and etc are cheap quality parts then I guess im guilty.
Also if thier is anything I can do to help resolve or fix your situation and provide 100% customer satifaction please let me know.

Thanks you

Shops at 6000sqft

Modified by SPARK RACING INC. at 9:08 PM 8/22/2003
Old 08-22-2003, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Spark Racing heads? (SPARK RACING INC.)

pretty good price