Notices

Someone PLEASE post a link/site for help installing an AVCR on a Honda...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2002, 02:52 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone PLEASE post a link/site for help installing an AVCR on a Honda...

I can't believe how bad the install instruction book is from Apex. Nothing in there for a honda at all. I don't know where to hook up the pressure sensor(thing that has to be installed close to the air box and upside down), or the boost valve box(thing with 2 vacuum outlets on it).

Any help or links or decent pictures would be greatly appreciated. We have most of the incabin wiring all done, just not sure.

Not to mention any good links to a J&S ultra V2 install and EXPLANATION page for help on what each of the 10,000 ***** do. I swear that that thing doesn't work.
Old 04-14-2002, 04:48 PM
New User

Default Re: Someone PLEASE post a link/site for help installing an AVCR on a Honda... (Spocko)

http://www.apexi-usa.com/documentation.asp
Old 04-14-2002, 06:25 PM

Default Re: Someone PLEASE post a link/site for help installing an AVCR on a Honda... (01geeser)

what he said... that's where i got my schematicsfor the install... pretty much self-explanatory...
Old 04-14-2002, 06:34 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Someone PLEASE post a link/site for help installing an AVCR on a Honda... (revhrdls)

Again, it is not the wiring I need help with, it is where to install the 2 other components of the system in a HONDA. If you look at the instruction manual, it says to install the pressure signal by the surge tank. WTF is a surge tank?!?! Al I know is that it has to face down, and also be away from heat- that's it. No idea where to put it and what to hook it into or out from. Same goes for the boost control valve-thingy that goes to the WG and turbo via hoses.

These are the things I need help on- the wiring in cabin to the ECU is all done already- just the under hood part is fuzzy.
Old 04-14-2002, 06:41 PM
Dee
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Someone PLEASE post a link/site for help installing an AVCR on a Honda... (revhrdls)

I don't understand what's so difficult since Honda's aren't turbo from the factory? The pressure switch connects to the main AVC-R harness. Vaccuum source is taken from the intake manifold after the ATB. Solenoid harness connects to the main AVC-R harness with the Top of the w/g being connected one side of the solenoid while the bottom w/g port and the other side of the solenoid are connected to the IC pipe before the IC. Instead of T-ing a line I rane a -6 line to the bottom of the w/g and a -4 to the solenoid. All you have to do now is connect switched power, memory power, lights and ground to the main AVC-R harness.
Old 04-14-2002, 06:42 PM
Dee
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Someone PLEASE post a link/site for help installing an AVCR on a Honda... (Dee)

surge tank = large fat part of the intake
Old 04-14-2002, 06:58 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Someone PLEASE post a link/site for help installing an AVCR on a Honda... (Dee)

Okay getting somewhere now- jsut still a bit fuzzy. Pressure signal unit....

I know it connects to the ACVR wiring harness on one end. Now on the bottom of unit is a nipple like valve. This gets a vacuum line attached to it and then run it to the intake manifold(but which of the 3 valves does it connect to on the back of the IM?) And where is a good mounting location for is(I was thinking underneath the fuse box?)

Solenoid unit- has TWO valves- an upper and a lower outlet that connects to vacuum hole lines.(And yes I kow that it connects to the AVCR wiring harness as well). Okay...

1) It says to mount it close to the WG for better response- correct?
2) Does it matter which valve outlet gets hooked up to the WG and which to the IC piping before the IC? (Also on my Profec-B install- I never ran any hose to any part of the IC piping at all. I think that one line came off the WG and ran into either the solenoid or a T junction- but nothing every got hooked into the IC piping at all(well except for the BOV which had a vacuum hose line connecting from the BOV to the intake manifold)

See- this is a little confusing.
Old 04-14-2002, 07:11 PM
Dee
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Someone PLEASE post a link/site for help installing an AVCR on a Honda... (Spocko)

Profec B and AVC-R are two totally different beast! Just download the instructions and read them carefully!

The Solenoid has three ports and is setup for actuator control from the factory. Move the nipple on the middle port to the end of the solenoid and that will be the connection port for the top of the w/g. Leave the middle solenoid port open. Connect the pressure sensor to the same vaccuum source as the FPR. Use the 6-4-6 tee to connect the bottom w/g port and solenoid vaccuum source to the IC piping (or a the port that is on the face of the turbo if you have one).

Old 04-14-2002, 08:43 PM

http://home.earthlink.net/~sicivic99/AVCRinstall.htm

see if that helps