Notices

Some Serious Problems uberdata/ FUEL

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some Serious Problems uberdata/ FUEL

i finally installed my turbo set up! i running t3 super 60 dsm 450ccs log manifold 8psi uberdata so i finally put everythign on the car and everything going good so i finally finshed and i go to start that car and it didnt start so the next day took off the resistor box for the injectors and no start it was trying to crack but getting no fuel or spark so i was like ok im gunna try and use my friends ecu he has a p28 uberdata rc 310 it started right up ran really ruff and there was no resistor box in ( you can smell alot of fuel) so i take his computer out and my car starts up for 1 sec and dies so today i mount my new intercooler and all piping and rewire the resistor box i think the right way and still car wont start so then i call my friend again and put in the ecu it started right up again but still running really ruff so then he put in my ecu his car started right up but then was boggin out im running 450ccs and his running 310ccs so could the 310 and 450ccs make a diffence also my computer is a cali computer and it hadd the chip in it already im still unsure if the resistor box is right or not or if i did anything esle wrong can someone please help me
Old 03-21-2005, 04:53 PM

Default Re: Some Serious Problems uberdata/ FUEL (5thGenCivicKid)

take the question to Uberdata forums......why don't you adjust the size of the injectors in Uberdata? did you do that?
Old 03-21-2005, 05:01 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Some Serious Problems uberdata/ FUEL (adseguy)

post it here, http://www.ecimulti.org/uberdata

second of all, was the chip reburned for the 450cc injectors? secondly PUT THE RESISTOR BOX BACK ON THE CAR, thats why it wont crank. if you keep trying tp crank the car without the resistor box, you are going to burn up the injector drivers on the board.

the problem could be the fact that you are running on a basemap.... they are stupidly rich for a reason, they can be soo rich that the car wont even crank
Old 03-21-2005, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well the uberdata forum isn't working right now so i guess i'll help.

You need to scale a basemap for your 450cc injectors. Make sure the damn resistor box is in there too. Also a basemap is rich, but it shouldn't run that rich at idle so your car should start up fine..it will probably just be rich in boost.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:21 PM

are you smelling alot of fuel? if is either too rich or too lean, you need to determine wich and tune accordingly. get a WB on there too. also, i don't give a **** about grammer but d00d, use some freaking punctuation and or paragraphs, your post is ******* hard to read.

also, if you are getting no fuel or spark, you have bigger problems. does that ECU work for sure? try burning a stock map and running it on a car w/ stock injectors (you could just put stock injectors back into your car for the test too).

DON'T RUN LOW IMPEDENCE INJECTORS WITHOUT A RESISTOR BOX, you may have fried the ecu already, hence your problems.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:27 PM

Default Re: Some Serious Problems uberdata/ FUEL (SOHC_MShue)

450 injectors with out a "calibrated" fuel map shouldnt make the car not run, hell mine ran damn well with that, some ppl have jsut popped in 450's and no other fuel management, i know its no where near optimum, but fact is the car will start and run on the bigger injectors.
what might make it not run is obviously a problem in the ecu (bad by swap) possible a uberchip inserted backwards, if thats the case you probably will need a new chip (speaking completely from expereince!)
-Toby
Old 03-21-2005, 07:02 PM

try putting 4 degrees timing in the zero vacuum cells 0-1000 RPM. Also decrease the fuel value to like 150.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:21 PM

Default Re: Some Serious Problems uberdata/ FUEL (bigblockvtec)

i think it has something to do with the ecu/ map! i hope i can figure this out need my car running
Old 03-21-2005, 08:30 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

double check the map and then make sure that the chip is put in the right way (sounds stupid.. but its happened to me before)

if that doesnt work, then id double check the resistor box and injector clip wiring and also see if the injectors are receiving a signal from the ecu (multimeter works)

if that fails then it might be the ecu itself, or a combination of the above problems
Old 03-21-2005, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 5thGenCivicKid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think it has something to do with the ecu/ map! i hope i can figure this out need my car running</TD></TR></TABLE>

How are you making your basemaps? are you setting up the new injector sizes properly in the MISC tab?
Old 03-21-2005, 08:45 PM

Default Re: Some Serious Problems uberdata/ FUEL (BlueShadow)

i did not make the basemap chris ( aka xenoron) burnt it for me, what i dont get is how my car starts fine with my friend ecu he is running 310ccs and uberdata his car is so mint untuned and when we put it in my car the idle was so ruff
Old 03-21-2005, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 5thGenCivicKid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i did not make the basemap chris ( aka xenoron) burnt it for me, what i dont get is how my car starts fine with my friend ecu he is running 310ccs and uberdata his car is so mint untuned and when we put it in my car the idle was so ruff</TD></TR></TABLE>

So you aren't swapping justthe chips, you are swapping the whole ECU too right? who did the soldering on your ECU? maybe your ECU has some bad soldering connections? did you use it before? has it given you any problems before?

EDIT: also do you have your own burner so you can verify the program on the chip?
Old 03-22-2005, 08:57 AM

its a cali ecu there was a chip in it alreayd and i was told i could just take that chip out, i think its the ecu also. when my friend put the ecu in his car it started right up but started to bog out and running really ruff
Old 03-22-2005, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (5thGenCivicKid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 5thGenCivicKid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its a cali ecu there was a chip in it alreayd and i was told i could just take that chip out, i think its the ecu also. when my friend put the ecu in his car it started right up but started to bog out and running really ruff</TD></TR></TABLE>

When you ran your ECU on your friends car, did you use your chip or did you use his chip? when you test your ECU on your friends car, you should be using his chip. If you have a solid CEL or the car is running rough, then it could be a problem with the ECU and notthe program on the chip.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:24 PM

Default Re: (BlueShadow)

was the ecu