Notices

SOHC Y8 BOOST

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 11:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOHC Y8 BOOST

IF YOU KNOW OF ANY BETTER CHEAPERS KITS LET US KNOW BY POSTING ALL INFO NECESSARY THANKS
want to keep PS/AC

honda civic ex 96-98 sohc
D16Y8

Stock Horsepower: 127
Kit Horsepower: 210

######$3229.99
# T3/T4 Hybrid Ceramic Ball Bearing Turbocharger
# Spearco Intercooler System
# Powder-Coated Intercooler Piping
# Silicone Hose / T-Bolt Clamps
# Exhaust Manifold - high carbon cast-steel with ceramic coating
# Fuel / Timing Controller (electronic fuel / timing management system)
# Fuel Injectors
# ''Evolution'' Wastegate Assembly
# ''Raptor'' By Pass / Blow Off Valve Assembly
# Mandrel-bent ceramic coated Downpipe with closed-loop wastegate discharge
# Intake System with Air Filter
# All necessary Hardware, Hoses, and Fittings
# Free Case of Turbonetics TS-1 Synthetic Motor Oil

or

60% More Horsepower At The Wheels!!!

Edelbrock has engineered a complete and easy to install Turbo kit. That means, no more having to swap motors before you can even bolt-on a turbo kit. """"It also means 170 HP at the wheels, 65 HP over stock, and 140 ft/lbs of torque at 6-lbs to 7-lbs of boost!"""" The kit is centered around a Garrett T28 Ball Bearing Turbocharger that comes pre-assembled as one unit with a Ni-resist cast exhaust manifold and a cast iron exhaust elbow. The Edelbrock exhaust manifold and elbow are designed for maximum flow at high velocity for quicker turbo spool-up. Boost is sent through ceremic-coated steel tubing to an over-sized Spearco air-to-air intercooler and routed into the engine through an Edelbrock Performer X intake manifold. Four extra fuel injectors are already plumbed into the intake to add fuel when the included electronic controller senses boost conditions. Off-throttle pressure is managed through a Tial Blow-Off Valve. This kit is so complete that it includes all the needed plumbing, oil supply adapter, pre-assembled oil, water and fuel lines (no adapters or hose clamps), gaskets, fasteners and fittings to make this the most complete kit on the market. It also includes a pillar mounted boost gauge so that you can see the new found power for yourself!

Edelbrock for $3189.99

???????????????????????????????? i would more likely go with the turbonics the first one

do any of you know of any better and cheaper deals out thier 200whp after kit installd
Old 08-07-2005, 01:09 AM

Default Re: SOHC Y8 BOOST (SOHC1.6LV-TEC)

double post
Old 08-07-2005, 01:32 AM
Farts in the shower

IMO the greddy kit and the edlebrock kits are good and the turbos that come with them can be upped from their 'stock' settings of 5-6psi. The turbonetics kit looks to be pretty good especially retaining ps and ac. I would honestly do research on all kits and go with what fits your needs and budget.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:41 AM

Default Re: SOHC Y8 BOOST (Harvey_Hx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Harvey_Hx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">double post </TD></TR></TABLE>

go kill yourself ******?

anyway... try the greddy kit bro. it's about have the freaking price of those and it's a great starter. that's what i'm going to get.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hoooly ****... i would never spend 3gz on a turbo.... im gonna be getting my home made turbo witha full tune chipped p28 t3 .42 hi low blade system full boost of 7psi at 3 gz... 370 dsm injectors dsm fuel pump dsm side mount intercooler all piping blowoff and wastegate for 800-900
Old 08-07-2005, 02:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

but thats a home made turbo... its not smog legal also using a hf/cx manifold with an adapter plate.. go to http://www.homemadeturbo.com its way cheaper... but u gotta make shure u tune it right or have it tuned
Old 08-07-2005, 02:53 AM

Default Re: SOHC Y8 BOOST (idriveadelsol7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by idriveadelsol7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

go kill yourself ******?

anyway... try the greddy kit bro. it's about have the freaking price of those and it's a great starter. that's what i'm going to get.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i'll kill myself when you buy some shocks. since your the genius who didnt think to buy shocks with his springs.

but just buy the greddy kit, boost to 8psi and call it a day.
Old 08-07-2005, 04:25 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by idriveadelsol7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">go kill yourself ******?

anyway... try the greddy kit bro. it's about have the freaking price of those and it's a great starter. that's what i'm going to get.</TD></TR></TABLE>

someone mind reporting this, we don't really need people like this
Old 08-07-2005, 04:51 AM

Default Re: SOHC Y8 BOOST (GripStar)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GripStar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

someone mind reporting this, we don't really need people like this </TD></TR></TABLE>
you and me arent one to report, thats not that bad, and the other guy shouldnt have for just a double post, fooooorrrrrgggeeett about it!!!
Old 08-07-2005, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SOHC Y8 BOOST (young noob)

Get a greddy kit instead
Old 08-07-2005, 11:23 AM

Default Re: SOHC Y8 BOOST (GripStar)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GripStar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

someone mind reporting this, we don't really need people like this </TD></TR></TABLE>

people like what? whove been on h-t for long enought to know what to do and not to do? oh im sorry you've been here about 8 days . ive done everything from sold my car to buy almost all my new car's parts from h-t so i think i know when ive taken it too far and when im just defending myself against trial users such as yourself and sol boy over there.

anyways back on topic.

if you wish to piece your turbo kit together yourself its all good, but for some like myself it was just too much of a pain in the ***. so i would say fork over the extra cash for a complete kit, but price for price i would go greddy over edelbrock. but ditch the blue box.

old car (y8) + greddy kit @ 8psi = crazzzzy 3rd gear vtec/boost pull

Old 08-07-2005, 12:02 PM

Default Re: SOHC Y8 BOOST (Harvey_Hx)

stop being little girls... i'm sorry i don't live and die by honda-tech. i was here back in 2000 under a different username and from what i can remember, people NOW would rather flame than post anything productive.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Harvey_Hx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
i'll kill myself when you buy some shocks. since your the genius who didnt think to buy shocks with his springs.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

maybe you can dish ot 500$ for me so i can get a set of koni yellows...
Old 08-07-2005, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

homemade turbo kit....in the end it will be cheaper..u will have more knowledge of turbos and how they work and its so much more satisfying knowing u put the kit together by urself

best part u will end up saving a grand or 2 to use on building up the block(more boost) new clutch or whatever else u want to use it on
Old 08-07-2005, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

exactly ^^^^^^^^

i am going to be getting a stage 2 clutch too... the guy thats going to be helping me put all this together because honestly i really dont know much about turbo... but hes gonna help me out with it and school me on turbos and the numbers on them because i get confused... but he told me also with the turbo at 7 psi and the good tune i should hit 160-180 whp for 800 is good for me
Old 08-07-2005, 11:10 PM

i dont mind going to the scrap yard and pulling a snail but i dont know what cars to look into also if i do find a good snail i wouldn't know how to tell if my engine will be able to make a good spool what i mean "if it will balance out with my engine " i dont want to have a snail that my engine can't spool it would be useless but if someone that has more expierience & dont mind giving me some info on this i would appriciate it thanks

and for some of you grow up