Notices

sohc greddy blue box ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2002, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sohc greddy blue box ?

ok i have a 00 ex completely stock except for an exhaust, and i recently recieved my 92-95 greddy kit, greddy type-s bov, and greddy intercooler 24. i want to try and install the kit, but was wondering if it is nessecary to install the blue box that comes with the kit if i am going to be running at the stock 5.5 psi for a while. what could or will happen if i run this setup without the bluebox and no type of piggyback unit for the present time on the stock boost setting. i want to get a standalone unit before i boost any higher but dont have the $$ right now and want to avoid installing this is it is not nessecary. any help would be appreciated
Old 10-15-2002, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: sohc greddy blue box ? (poxu)

if u dont install the blue box, u will throw a code for one because the map sensor will see the positive pressure and go into safe mode. two you could also screw up ur motor. running boost requires more fuel to mix with the extra amount of air thats RAMMED into ur engine due to boost. the blue box steps in and lengthens injector pulses based on boost and provide you with the extra fuel you need, although in my case and alot of other BLUE BOX USERS...TOO MUCH fuel is given. better safe than sorry though for now. id rather have black smoke outta the exhaust than a blown motor anyday. hope this helps. for wiring diagrams on a 96+ civic,go to http://www.turbocivic.net