SO u bought a turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SO u bought a turbo kit

now what? u select a good fueling system...now what? u select an ecu or other control device.

like alot of people on here, and i guess around the world, you bought a big t3/t4 that "had to have". You paid big dollars for a cooler that was "necesarry". you paid good money for all the other things u needed, for fueling u got injectors, fuel pump, FPR. u got good oil and water lines fo ur turbo, a good wastegate and BOV to control pressures in the system. Heck u even built ur bottom end cos u wanted to make badass 400whp. now its time for the ecu...

Do you use an FMU? its not very good, so u think, geez i cant afford anymore money, ill just use the AFC hack and hope it works. Then u hear horrrer stories and u think, maybe u could go a greddy e-manage, or some cheap way of fueling.

My question now is, how does this mentality start? where does the logic come into play? Im not cursing on anyone, not giving anyone ****, just asking out of curiosity. You started with a reliable car that u wanted more power from, then u get the parts that u need for more power, but then at the last final hurdle u let it all down by using junk that really is never going to be able to control ur car to the full. Fuel economy, power, problems, not just price is something I've learnt to factor in when selecting ecu's, but its something i learnt in the process. I want to try and find outwhy this is such a common occurance...

Cheers
Old 06-18-2004, 12:25 PM

Default Re: SO u bought a turbo kit (freakie)

Alot of people dont understand how things work, they just know that they do.. There is a difference between someone who just buys it and puts it on and a person that learns everything they can and then makes rational decisions about their setup..

I researched everything that I bought and even talked to people who were using it to see how they like it.. It took alot of time and research to get my car to where it is today and I am still learning new way to do stuff and get more power..

In todays world, more power can either be bought or built..
Old 06-18-2004, 12:30 PM

Built motors and big turbos create large power gains where fuel management only makes things safer. Fuel management is overlooked mostly in the big picture
Old 06-18-2004, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Lumberg)

The best one I have ever seen is this kid down the road from me. LS/vtec with eagles and srps, but his fuel managment was a resistor on the coolant temp sensor (to keep it in cold start enrichment all the time), fuel pump, 740cc's and a FPR all run with an NA chipped LS ecu (read -more timing) and a toggle switch for vtec. Pure genuis!
He coulden't even pull on my stock sohc on 8 psi and lasted about a month before he cracked a couple cylinders and knocked out some rings. The best part is I showed him a few other more reliable options (voltage clamp, Fmu, uberdata) but it wasn't his style i guess...
Old 06-18-2004, 12:51 PM

Default Re: (Bailhatch)

I guess some people are afraid to do things the "correct" way..
Old 06-18-2004, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tgreaves)

hahah what an idiot you tore his motor into pieces because he was being a dumbass and didn't want to have his fuel setup properly?

Sucks that people have to elarn the hard way especially with a nice motor like what he had.