Notices

So I got my SSAC intercooler today...

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I got my SSAC intercooler today...

For background on what I'm about to post, read this: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1152765

Here's the shitty SSAC bar and plate core, seen through the end tank.

Lookit all those crappy SSAC turbulators they put in there to block the air flow. This thing is going to suck!

And don't forget the shitty SSAC welds! These things are sure to blow at just 2 PSI!

And a few pics of the rest of the pile of crap...

XS Powah. That means there's more than enough to go around. Learn it. Fear it. Respect it. Word.

I haven't used this thing, but I've gotten a lot closer to it than you guys, and I can tell you right off, despite the fact that it was $200.19 shipped, you guys were right- it's a big pile of crap that's going to make my car roll over into a ditch and blow up.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: So I got my SSAC intercooler today... (Loco Honkey)

doesnt look bad to me
Old 05-24-2005, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: So I got my SSAC intercooler today... (bottle fed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bottle fed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">doesnt look bad to me </TD></TR></TABLE>

Same here. I was expecting to open the box to see a bunch of tin foil and fluxless soldir joints, but goddamn, this thing isn't that bad. Aside from the welds being a little sloppier than my Spearco, I see little difference. For $200, you gonna argue? :-p I'll know in a week or so how it works- it's going on a GT25R powered ZC.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks good bro'

i wouldnt pay 200 dollars for a parachute that was gonna save my life from SSAC but i would spend 200 dollars on thier intercooler.

you just gotta know whats what out there,
Old 05-24-2005, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The initial SSAC line of products were plagued by quality control issues from the factory in guangzhou. Rest assured, the 10 year old girl that fabricated that has been through enough "quality improvement seminars" to know what is best for her.

That is a fine I/C, I love china.

Old 05-24-2005, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah but the thing is you can get a CCA intercooler which is proven to be good for $200 right now. Or even a JRC intercooler for around the same price.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (T-RO)

I've been running an ssauto cooler for months now and it works damn good
95GSRTT

cca?
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: So I got my SSAC intercooler today... (Accord94DX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Accord94DX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">TRest assured, the 10 year old girl that fabricated that has been through enough "quality improvement seminars" to know what is best for her.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's good to hear that my future mail order Asian bride is being properly reared.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by T-RO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah but the thing is you can get a CCA intercooler which is proven to be good for $200 right now. Or even a JRC intercooler for around the same price.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, then this is another $200 option. I think those JRC coolers are poo sculpted to form an intercooler. lol... tube fin and what... less than 2" thick core? Wheee... Dunno what CCA is, though.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i also have an ssac cooler in my car and it works great. Good buy for the money. Also have their 50 mm bov, works good.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:01 PM

have a ssac ic just like that on my boys turbo b16 coupe.. works good.. under hard boosting (several 4th gear passes) with it between 75-85 in muggy fl.. only shows 100-110 or so intake temps.. not too bad.. thats with the sensor bolted to the manifold..

I bought one for my supra.. 12x24x4 for 225 shipped.. well see how well it holds up at 22-25 psi
Old 05-24-2005, 12:01 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Loco Honkey &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That's good to hear that my future mail order Asian bride is being properly reared. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Classic!!! lol

Cooler looks damn good to me... Maybe SSAC/XS Power finally did something right???
Old 05-24-2005, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: So I got my SSAC intercooler today... (BoostedCivicSedan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostedCivicSedan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Classic!!! lol </TD></TR></TABLE>

Would you expect anything less from me?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Cooler looks damn good to me... Maybe SSAC/XS Power finally did something right??? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'd have to say so. I even like the end tank design. Mmmm... even distribution to all the rows. Yeah, it's a rip off of the Precision IC, but ****... I can put that $120 I saved towards a GT-R series turbo.

BTW- I used to live in Bradenton and can remember the days when Bird Island (or whatever that little lump is called that's just south of Eggmond) wasn't but a shoal on the charts.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:05 PM
95GSRTT

Default Re: So I got my SSAC intercooler today... (BoostedCivicSedan)

You may also want to look at the X02 intercoolers, look real nice, and are about the same price. Plus have heard they have really good cores!
Old 05-24-2005, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: So I got my SSAC intercooler today... (95GSRTT)

Looks good to me. Let people say what they want. I love my JRC intercooler and my cast manifold but hey.....I'm obviously doing something right! For those of us on a budget getting the job done w/ whats available is key . Good luck!

Phil
Old 05-24-2005, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lmao, loco. You crack me up. IC looks good.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Re: (Unsivil_audio)

CCA (Custom Coach of America)

Bang for the buck, and being run by mom and pop just like it used to be, Anthony and Rene make teh intercooler goodness.

http://www.speedpartsrus.com
Old 05-24-2005, 02:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

A friend of a friend ran one without proper bracing. Needless to say...
his car exploded.
Old 05-24-2005, 02:50 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Loco Honkey &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Would you expect anything less from me?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is true... I believe you are the only person I have seen to somehow combine useful information, politics, and humor into every post... You never cease to amaze me Honkey!!! lol
Old 05-24-2005, 03:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm impressed. It looks much better than my jrc intercooler that has a similar price tag.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This thread proves P.T Barnum was right
Old 05-24-2005, 03:42 PM

It's amazing how identical it is to the precision 350whp fmic.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (The Original Whitey)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The Original Whitey &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This thread proves P.T Barnum was right</TD></TR></TABLE>

Basis? Your post just goes to prove that even when presented with the facts, there are those too ignorant to be swayed from their staunch beliefs and would rather live their lies because it makes them feel safer. Basically, unless you've had a bad experience with this intercooler, cut the ****; I don't have time for it.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: (Loco Honkey)

Basis? Your post just goes to prove that even when presented with the facts, there are those too ignorant to be swayed from their staunch beliefs and would rather live their lies because it makes them feel safer. Basically, unless you've had a bad experience with this intercooler, cut the ****; I don't have time for it. </TD></TR></TABLE>
I think he meant the people who spend twice as much for the same thing are the fools... Am I right?

Quick Reply: So I got my SSAC intercooler today...