Notices

Snapped t-belt replaced no power

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snapped t-belt replaced no power

Ok i have a turbo b18a1 and long story short i snapped my timing belt replaced it checked valves for damage and now am back on the road the only problem being when i get on it it takes off and than just stumbles like im hitting my rev limiter (i know im not just using the way it feels to describe how my car is acting) and it just just stumbles. I have checked my crank and cam timing over and over again the only thing i could figure was my dizzy timing which i messed with.

Also on a side not im running a missing link and when i really get on it i get a map cel.

here are my specs
Im only doing 6lbs
fmu
regulator
missing link
walbro255hp
h22 injectors

Thank you for any HELP and i mean HELP not check your timing belt to see if it's off a tooth it's not.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Snapped t-belt replaced no power (turbalude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbalude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok i have a turbo b18a1 and long story short i snapped my timing belt replaced it checked valves for damage and now am back on the road the only problem being when i get on it it takes off and than just stumbles like im hitting my rev limiter (i know im not just using the way it feels to describe how my car is acting) and it just just stumbles. I have checked my crank and cam timing over and over again the only thing i could figure was my dizzy timing which i messed with.

Also on a side not im running a missing link and when i really get on it i get a map cel.

here are my specs
Im only doing 6lbs
fmu
regulator
missing link
walbro255hp
h22 injectors

Thank you for any HELP and i mean HELP not check your timing belt to see if it's off a tooth it's not.</TD></TR></TABLE>

How did you check your valve for damage? Did you take them out and check for straightness..?

Also you said you aren't running a missing link, but in your parts list you have missing link there? Either way your code is from the map sensor seeing boost.

How did it run previous to the timing belt problem?
Old 04-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Mr. Badwrench

compression and leakdown.

if the valves arent bent, and ring lands arent smoked, i think the ecu is seeing boost. wow thats quite a list you got there.

comp and leak down. tell us the results then we will go from there.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:38 PM

Is the car overheating, or making any strange noises?
Old 04-09-2007, 05:35 PM

Default Re: Snapped t-belt replaced no power (93turbo16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93turbo16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

How did you check your valve for damage? Did you take them out and check for straightness..?

Also you said you aren't running a missing link, but in your parts list you have missing link there? Either way your code is from the map sensor seeing boost.

How did it run previous to the timing belt problem?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think he forgot the letter "e" on NOTE - as in "on a side note, im running a missing link"
Old 04-09-2007, 05:37 PM

Default Re: Snapped t-belt replaced no power (slowteg90)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slowteg90 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I think he forgot the letter "e" on NOTE - as in "on a side note, im running a missing link" </TD></TR></TABLE>

I think you are right.. ha.

Definitley need a better missing link or add some check valves to an external map sensor.. or better yet get the damn thing tuned on some real management.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:53 PM

Default Re: Snapped t-belt replaced no power (93turbo16)

Yep ha it was side NOT e.

I pulled the head and just visually checked the valves for damage.

I dont think i broke anything no parts in oil pan and every piston top looked good.

Yes i know i need a damn tune but this was just my temporary motor until my H22 gets sleeved and i had a tune on that but i dont see spending 300 (the only dyno within 200 miles) on a tune for a motor im going to swap in a month or 2.

I have a p06 on it right now and i switched it with a chipped pr4 but same problem.

Thanks keep em coming.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:56 PM

And no it's not over heating or anything you wouldn't even know something was wrong unless i get on it.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:08 PM

O and it ran beautiful before the belt snapped i had just adjusted the slack in it a week before.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

your timing is prob off?
Old 04-10-2007, 02:38 PM

Notice how i wrote the last sentence in my original post. Why did i do that you ask so i wouldn't get responses like your timing's prob off
Old 04-10-2007, 03:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (turbalude)

The engine that I bought my coupe with showed barely visible contact between valve/piston (had to look VERY close), but then again the rod snapped and the piston smacked into the head hard.

Although they seemed to close fine, they were leaking (bent). It doesn't take much leaking to make your car run like ****. I know some boob that put crower 403's into a b18a head w/o adjusting the rockers. Despite being nearly same spec as stock (in terms of the diameter of the non-lobe'd sections), it had almost no compression. He wondered why it wouldn't start... He also later blew the ringlands on cylinders 1 & 4, and it barely could accelerate the car on 2 cylinders. The guy def. wasn't a braintrust...
Old 04-12-2007, 11:36 PM

Default Re: (HiProfile)

Just so everyone knows i figured it out it was the neg wire came loose on my coil. Everything is still good and it feels better than it has in a long time.