Notices

Smogging Greddy Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smogging Greddy Turbo

When i sold my integra with the greddy turbo kit, i smogged and it pass no problem. The guy said he wouldn't do it because he thought it wouldn't pass, i convinced him it would, and it did.

Now, the new owner can't get anyone to smog it because you need some sort of certification number? Plus now he claims the turbo blew up. Would that help pass smog or hurt it? What advice should I give him to help him pass smog? The kit is California legal, but he doesn't have this number?
Old 10-06-2004, 08:52 AM
at the jetties fishin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Smogging Greddy Turbo (Cyrio)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cyrio &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">When i sold my integra with the greddy turbo kit, i smogged and it pass no problem. The guy said he wouldn't do it because he thought it wouldn't pass, i convinced him it would, and it did.

Now, the new owner can't get anyone to smog it because you need some sort of certification number? Plus now he claims the turbo blew up. Would that help pass smog or hurt it? What advice should I give him to help him pass smog? The kit is California legal, but he doesn't have this number?</TD></TR></TABLE>

so wait? he passed smog with it after you told him it did? and now he's trying to do it again and people are complaining to him?

not only that but he's claiming the turbo blew up? I'd tell him to look at the old smog sheet you got last time it was passed and say, "you bought the car as-is, not my fault you blew the turbo. leave me alone now."

sounds like he's trying to get you to do stuff for him to me....
Old 10-06-2004, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Smogging Greddy Turbo (stackz)

No no no...

He isn't trying to complain to me or trying to get anything back from me... he understands that the turbo is his own problem. When i sold it, the car was perfect, what has happened since is none of my concern. Now he has to smog it and he can't get anyone to smog it because of turbo, and i'm just trying to find advice that i can pass to him. I'm not sure if he has the papers from when I smogged it.