Notices

Small question about injectors and very low boost.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Small question about injectors and very low boost.

Well, a local guy I know, just installed a very basic turbo kit on his car. It's a 99 Si, B16, etc.

Anyway, he's not looking to push much at all. It's an E-Bay knock off wastegate, and we're not sure what it's spring rate is. Probably 7-10lbs.

First gear he can get on it really good, but then as expected, fuel cut through the rest of the gears. Stock injectors FTL.

Well he went and got some high impedance, saturated 275cc injectors, and a Holly fuel pressure regulator and gauge.

The turbo is a tiny one too. I don't know the exact trim numbers, but it was smaller than a .60 cold/.48 hot, Garrett I had. Like, his exhaust housing was smaller than mine, and his intake is smaller than his exhaust.

Here's the question. Would those injectors be good enough for just a basic lets say... 200whp? We're going to loose whatever spring that's in it and just get a 4-5lb spring.

Also, the injectors are identical to my DSM 450's, just smaller, and according to the seller, "they are intended to be used with no resistor box."

Any input on this would be great.

Thanks