sleeve it or not?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sleeve!
Old 01-18-2004, 08:38 AM

Default Re: (GRTechnologies)

i would sleeve it with rsmachines. imo they are the best bang for the buck . also when you sleeve to block you can have it bored out (more displacement and will help the turbo spool up) that is what i am planning on doing to my ls, rs sleeves bored out to 83-84mm.
Old 01-18-2004, 09:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (adotlee)

Stock sleeves are good.

I used G.E. Sleeves. If you do sleeve it, I recommend Benson
Old 01-19-2004, 10:10 AM

Default Re: (BG Boost)

after watching my friend get his B18c1 tuned this past Saturday to the lovely sound of 446fwhp...on stock sleeves and GE blockguard, it's a no brainer for me....of course I'm only looking for 280-320fwhp.
Old 01-19-2004, 10:14 AM

You kids and your stock sleeves get a clue ok???? If you want to make great power and be RELIABLE SLEEVE YOUR BLOCK. Yeah so and so can make so much power on stock sleeves who you kidding no ****, but let me see you in 30,000 miles if you can even make it past 8,000 running a boost higher then 12psi. No Sleeve dont run over 7psi if you want it to last long but i would just man up and get sleeves best thing i did. **** BENSON **** DARTON Go with GOLDEN EAGLE!!!
Old 01-19-2004, 10:33 AM

Default Re: (BoneStckCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoneStckCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You kids and your stock sleeves get a clue ok???? If you want to make great power and be RELIABLE SLEEVE YOUR BLOCK. Yeah so and so can make so much power on stock sleeves who you kidding no ****, but let me see you in 30,000 miles if you can even make it past 8,000 running a boost higher then 12psi. No Sleeve dont run over 7psi if you want it to last long but i would just man up and get sleeves best thing i did. **** BENSON **** DARTON Go with GOLDEN EAGLE!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

he's on a 1yr+ on this block &lt;shrugs shoulders&gt;..all in the tuning
Old 01-19-2004, 11:32 AM

How much Boost???? Daily Driven ??? What you tunning it with???? Let me know
Old 01-19-2004, 12:02 PM

yea, daily driven...apexi power fc....not sure on his daily driving but it was dynoed at around 22psi.....446fwhp and 306ftlbs on a dynojet. I PM'd him about this thread, so maybe tonight he'll chime in.....
Old 01-19-2004, 12:13 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoneStckCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You kids and your stock sleeves get a clue ok???? If you want to make great power and be RELIABLE SLEEVE YOUR BLOCK. Yeah so and so can make so much power on stock sleeves who you kidding no ****, but let me see you in 30,000 miles if you can even make it past 8,000 running a boost higher then 12psi. No Sleeve dont run over 7psi if you want it to last long but i would just man up and get sleeves best thing i did. **** BENSON **** DARTON Go with GOLDEN EAGLE!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

you have serious problems. please see a doctor.
Old 01-19-2004, 12:29 PM
TurboJesse

thanks for the info
Old 01-19-2004, 12:46 PM

Default Re: (Mpir3)

thanks guys..."Dave" will be able to give ya some more info on this...but let me tell you, it was FREAKING awesome to see and hear! carazy white boi
Old 01-19-2004, 01:46 PM

So you driving that 22psi daily??????????
Old 01-19-2004, 01:47 PM

Dont hate cause you dont have the money to sleeve!! Think about it for 1 min
Old 01-19-2004, 01:51 PM
TurboJesse

i drive 14psi daily, stock sleeves, stock pistons, stock rods...
Old 01-19-2004, 01:55 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoneStckCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So you driving that 22psi daily?????????? </TD></TR></TABLE>

what?? NO! ...and for the record, it's not mine.
Old 01-19-2004, 01:59 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoneStckCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dont hate cause you dont have the money to sleeve!! Think about it for 1 min </TD></TR></TABLE>

relax. don't come on here and try to tell others what you can and can't do when you obviously don't know 1/2 of what you think you know. by the looks of your posts, you have ALOT to learn.
Old 01-19-2004, 02:06 PM

All i was saying was too sleeve your block you will be better off. People here with stock sleeves getting high horsepower wow dyno it once on 22psi on stock sleeves. You sleeve your block you roll on 22 psi all day everday not 12psi like you say!!! dont insult my intelligence
Old 01-19-2004, 02:07 PM

Lets get back to the post answer his question??? He has the money to sleeve what will you tell him????????? i would like to know?????
Old 01-19-2004, 02:08 PM

What do you drive anyway????
Old 01-19-2004, 02:20 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoneStckCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">All i was saying was too sleeve your block you will be better off. </TD></TR></TABLE>

in most cases that is true. but that isn't exactly what you said. you may have thought thats what you were saying, but you really were just spewing at the mouth about stock sleeves not holding anything after a dyno run. see your own words below.....

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">People here with stock sleeves getting high horsepower wow dyno it once on 22psi on stock sleeves. You sleeve your block you roll on 22 psi all day everday not 12psi like you say!!! dont insult my intelligence </TD></TR></TABLE>

i am not insulting your intelligence. it is you, going through life with your mind, eyes, and ears closed that is insulting. i pulled 509 on the dyno on stock sleeves. je pistons, crower rods, and stock bore gsr block. i ran that block at the track(at least 300 passes) andon the street. i drove it to work and to the street races. i drove it for one full year. never pulled the head off once. sold the car. they made some external changes, upped the boost, and made like 565 on the dyno. same block and head. that lasted another full year. my car was STREET car.

if you go back and read the posts, of course a sleeved block will handle more power. but it is not absolute. my stock sleeved block outlasted MANY people here on honda tech's sleeved blocks. its all about the way the set up is built and tuned. stay on honda tech and learn something........
Old 01-19-2004, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (jinxproof99)

Karl would you care to share with the people what kind of hell that block was put through before you put the turbo on it and it still lasted that long? also didn't that block last for a while when stan bought the car?

Evolution autosports (i don't know his name on here) he has stock sleeves in his car he drives it daily and races it on the weekends his car put over 500 to the ground.

Brian Ballard ran 10.19 gsr motor with rods and pistions and he TRIED to blow it up it wouldn't blow up ran a whole season on it and never broke once.

It is all in the tuning you can't expect doing it with an AFC hack and injectors but you can with a stand alone and a compentent tuner.

Bonestockcivic i believe that you have to many misconseptions of things, sleeving you block for anything over 7psi?????? yeah if that were true everyone would have built motors.

**** benson **** darton?? sorry pal but i have seen way to many bad things about GE to be running them in fact a good friend of mine had 2 blocks they sunk out a lot of money (you know who you are ) I am personally going with darton i do not like GE's design that is just me, i know darton has been around a long time my dad swears by them and i love them never failed our family yet.
Old 01-19-2004, 02:54 PM

i have alot of friend swho blow abart stock b series sleeves at 14 lbs of boost and roughly 350 hp.. and this is tyno tuned mind you....i say sleeve it
Old 01-19-2004, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (hotrex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hotrex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have alot of friend swho blow abart stock b series sleeves at 14 lbs of boost and roughly 350 hp.. and this is tyno tuned mind you....i say sleeve it</TD></TR></TABLE>

the tuner is obviously a complete moron
Old 01-19-2004, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: sleeve it or not? (jinxproof99)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jinxproof99 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

alot of people have made great power on stock sleeves. my motor lasted 2 years with honda sleeves @ well over 500 to the wheels. tuning is the key.

.....but if you have the cash, and you 100% trust who's doing your sleeves, then sleeve it. but remember, stock honda sleeves will hold better than an incorrectly sleeved block.....and we've seen alot of those lately.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 01-19-2004, 03:36 PM
TurboJesse

Default Re: (hotrex)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hotrex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have alot of friend swho blow abart stock b series sleeves at 14 lbs of boost and roughly 350 hp.. and this is tyno tuned mind you....i say sleeve it</TD></TR></TABLE>

you need to find new friends

Quick Reply: sleeve it or not?