Notices

Skunk 2 intake PCV elimination question

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 08:30 AM
It Wasn't Me!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Skunk 2 intake PCV elimination question

I have talked to two people lately that have turbo setups with skunk 2 intakes that were told to completely eliminate the PCV by blocking the valve cover opening. Both of these cars are building too much crankcase pressure. Both owners say they were told by Skunk 2 customer service to plug the valve cover with a bolt.

Most of the time people I know use a oil catch can when not hooking the PCV to the manifold. I was just curious if this is someone at Skunk giving poor information or if anyone else had heard of this. It sounds completely wrong to me.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Skunk 2 intake PCV elimination question (hondasean)

The port on the valve cover is not the actual PCV valve it is part of the PCV system. Just put a breather filter on it.

What are you going to do with the PCV and black box on the back of the block?
Old 10-05-2005, 09:25 AM
It Wasn't Me!

Default Re: Skunk 2 intake PCV elimination question (RyanCivic2000)

<====Works in service at a Honda dealership.

I know that the PCV valve is not the port in the valve cover. What I'm saying is that Skunk C/S has told 2 people to run NO PCV at all. Plug the valve cover with a bolt and that's it. Now both of these cars have too much crankcase pressure and are blowing some serious oil.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:08 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondasean &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">&lt;====Works in service at a Honda dealership.

I know that the PCV valve is not the port in the valve cover. What I'm saying is that Skunk C/S has told 2 people to run NO PCV at all. Plug the valve cover with a bolt and that's it. Now both of these cars have too much crankcase pressure and are blowing some serious oil.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Either these individuals heard incorrectly or the people who work for skunk2 are idiots. Common sense tells one not to block port on the valve cover.

Did you have a specific question or was this thread just a warning to others that skunk2 has some idiots working for them?
Old 10-05-2005, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondasean &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">&lt;====Works in service at a Honda dealership.

I know that the PCV valve is not the port in the valve cover. What I'm saying is that Skunk C/S has told 2 people to run NO PCV at all. Plug the valve cover with a bolt and that's it. Now both of these cars have too much crankcase pressure and are blowing some serious oil.</TD></TR></TABLE>

So did they tell you to block off the PCV on the back of the block too?