Notices

Should this shop cover the damage?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 03:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should this shop cover the damage?

So last night i wanted to make a couple passes on the dyno. My friend's brother owns this shop and was letting me make a few runs for FREE. granted i bought race fuel from him. After strapping everything down, he told me to make the run since i know how far to take it. This is on a dynojet by the way. So in 4th gear as soon as i let off at 9k rpms, my car moves hard right and slams into the pillar then the rear left of the car falls off the rail..... YAH what a bitch . He told me to NOT press in the clutch and just let it wind down. So i did that. All it did luckily was smash my front right fender, and now for some odd reason my car wont hold a charge so my car just runs and dies within 10 minutes. NO CLUE what thats all about. But i feel so bad to even ask him, cause he stayed open for me helping me figure out everything, and even trailered my car 40 miles to get me back home.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO????
Old 12-29-2005, 03:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Should this shop cover the damage? (1SlowSi)

Sounds like a tough situation. Legally if there was no waiver.....but its your friend....but they did strap it down and you did as he said. Its only a fender, it shouldnt cost that much in either case. Being as it happened at a shop most likely he has some connection to get the work done for little money. If I owned a shop and this happened i would like to say that i would get it dealt with right away. Might come down to who strapped you down or if you were playing with the wheel or not holding onto it so on and so forth. In any case, goodluck.

Marcus
Old 12-29-2005, 03:32 AM

accept it as one of those things and get on with it. If he wanted he could turn it round and expect you to pay for him getting it 40 miles + the cost of the dyno run which i expect will be more than the repair.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Should this shop cover the damage? (crispydee)

NOBODY drives their own car on my dyno. jason hunt and brad are the only 2 exceptions. i can't beleive he let you drive it yourself.

yea thats a tuff situation. hopefully your freind will learn from it. sorry to hear about that
Old 12-29-2005, 04:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Should this shop cover the damage? (Turbo-charged)

ya i have no idea. Its my friend's brother that owns the dyno. I couldnt believe he let me do it either cause the last time i made pulls on it, one of the other guys did it. No problems. who knows. Im just glad it didnt get any worse.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:20 AM

Default Re: Should this shop cover the damage? (Turbo-charged)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Turbo-charged &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">NOBODY drives their own car on my dyno. jason hunt and brad are the only 2 exceptions. i can't beleive he let you drive it yourself.

yea thats a tuff situation. hopefully your freind will learn from it. sorry to hear about that</TD></TR></TABLE>

my words exactly......
Old 12-29-2005, 05:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Should this shop cover the damage? (1700anddroping)

strange, i've been on 2 different dynos and i've always been the one driving the car on it. I guess i just don't know what changes from random person driving car to me driving car. I mean, you don't steer the car or anything, although i do tend to throw the clutch in and then just let the dyno brake the wheels stopped.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Should this shop cover the damage? (seen4ever)

On a dynojet it's easy to put your hand on the wheel and have the wheels get sucked to one side real quick. If the car was strapped down correctly it should move far enough to hit anything but really you can't put the blame on anyone in a situation like that.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Should this shop cover the damage? (nsxmatt)

The guy helped u out by staying late and what not.Dont even worry, just take the hit for the fender and be happy that u were ably to dyno for free.

As for ur car not holding a charge, try and see if the ground for the battery was F.... in the little mishap u had.Its gotta be something dumb like that.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

there's no such thing as a free lunch. I'd just eat it, or make the guy give you more dyno time once he learns how to strap cars down properly.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boondock Saint)

sounds good. ill pay for it then i guess . he WAS nice enough to give me free time.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (1SlowSi)

thats weird about others not driving on the dyno. When i dynoed at a shop in wa they told me to drive, and it was common practice for the owner to drive. I didnt want to cause i was nervous to do it but they told me i would be fine and told me what to do and it worked out fine. oh and i was told to push in the clutch. also i was told that if i hit the brakes it will cost me 3 grand because ill have to pay for the dyno to get recalibrated. anyone else hear that?

Marcus
Old 12-29-2005, 02:51 PM
mike93eh

you dynoed with your fucked up engine??
Old 12-30-2005, 05:58 AM

damn yo...did you take pics after the incident before they pulled the thing off the dyno. I know you told me they fork lifted that bitch off.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You were driving it and not even paying him. It sucks, but I would just let it go.