Notices

Should i switch to Neptune RTP

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should i switch to Neptune RTP

I was finally going to buy crome pro since my zeitronix datalogger was giving me problems. That is 150 bucks, and if i wanted to rtp, the ostrich was another 175 (325 total). So i figure maybe i should switch to netpune rtp ($450). The program seems intresting and pretty straigh foward.

For the people that are running it, how you like it and any issues with it?

Old 01-15-2007, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Should i switch to Neptune RTP (Boosted Chemist)

there are more poepl that tune crome pro than Neptune.

I dont know if neptune has realtime changes or whatever, so u might still need an ostrich.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would switch. But that's just me.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Switch to Neptune IF: you plan on tuning only your own car, aren't good at tuning, and don't intend to change your setup much down the road.

Get CromePro IF: you plan on tuning a fleet of your own cars (I'm up to 3 lol), are capible at tuning, and have friends that you can tune in exchange for donations to crome developement.

Up til now I'd have said Crome regardless, but they finally got their developer to produce the boards. How long was it from the 'sneak peek' to 'buy now', almost 2 years?
Old 01-15-2007, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Should i switch to Neptune RTP (HiProfile)

^ good point but, there is still some bugs in crome that need attention (timing) But indeed a good program hands down. Im just hinking neptune a better program and for only a little more cash can be had. Does anyone have any personal experience of switching from crome to neptune?
Old 01-15-2007, 10:47 AM
i HAS questions ?

Default Re: Should i switch to Neptune RTP (93supercoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93supercoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">there are more poepl that tune crome pro than Neptune.

I dont know if neptune has realtime changes or whatever, so u might still need an ostrich.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Neptune does have realtime changes. If someone can tune Crome Pro, they can tune on Neptune.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:44 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boosted Chemist &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">^ good point but, there is still some bugs in crome that need attention (timing) But indeed a good program hands down. Im just hinking neptune a better program and for only a little more cash can be had. Does anyone have any personal experience of switching from crome to neptune?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I once used crome... I've gone to neptune and never looked back, runs my cars at part-throttle so much better and no strange behavior on the part of the software or the tune. I like it so much that I've got two cars running the RTP.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HiProfile &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Switch to Neptune IF: you plan on tuning only your own car, aren't good at tuning, and don't intend to change your setup much down the road.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

A person who isn't good at tuning should go to a professional and get some lessons before using any software.
With the RTP Neptune you can make changes whenever and however you want.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HiProfile &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Up til now I'd have said Crome regardless, but they finally got their developer to produce the boards. How long was it from the 'sneak peek' to 'buy now', almost 2 years?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

In that time, the non-RTP version was available at select tuners. All the features of the software were present then.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boosted Chemist &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I was finally going to buy crome pro since my zeitronix datalogger was giving me problems. That is 150 bucks, and if i wanted to rtp, the ostrich was another 175 (325 total). So i figure maybe i should switch to netpune rtp ($450). The program seems intresting and pretty straigh foward.

For the people that are running it, how you like it and any issues with it?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think the rest of my post explains my feelings on the issue, but if you can afford it, using Neptune is a lot less frustrating than dealing with crome and it's maze of plugins and sometimes "iffy" implementation.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Should i switch to Neptune RTP (alphajesse)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alphajesse &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I once used crome... I've gone to neptune and never looked back, runs my cars at part-throttle so much better and no strange behavior on the part of the software or the tune. I like it so much that I've got two cars running the RTP.

but if you can afford it, using Neptune is a lot less frustrating than dealing with crome and it's maze of plugins and sometimes "iffy" implementation. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah that is def a plus, not that a dislike crome but with freeware, come a lack of customer support. HOw is neptune on customer support.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boosted Chemist &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah that is def a plus, not that a dislike crome but with freeware, come a lack of customer support. HOw is neptune on customer support.</TD></TR></TABLE> Customer support is amazing! He has some weird way that you can fix the problem thru telepathy. J/K. I have never had a problrm with NepTune so I wouldnt know if the service is good or bad. Speaking of that, I need to call him to say hello. I a bad friend lately.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:29 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boosted Chemist &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah that is def a plus, not that a dislike crome but with freeware, come a lack of customer support. HOw is neptune on customer support.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The support forum for neptune gets a pretty quick reply for most any question.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can chime in on this one. For my own personal car I run Neptune. It is a very good software, and everything actually works, unlike crome. This is what turned me on to it. I am going to use it in my race car next year.

And honestly you CAN'T beat the support neptune gets. James is an awesome guy.

Also I have to give a little thank you out to Jesse up there, for the board switch. Works like a charm now!
Old 01-15-2007, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (93turbo16)

Cool So its as good as it seems and for 450 its a pretty good deal with all the others out there. I think my mind is set neptune

Old 01-15-2007, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Neptune
Old 01-16-2007, 12:36 AM

Default Re: (93turbo16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93turbo16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I can chime in on this one. For my own personal car I run Neptune. It is a very good software, and everything actually works, unlike crome. This is what turned me on to it. I am going to use it in my race car next year.

And honestly you CAN'T beat the support neptune gets. James is an awesome guy.

Also I have to give a little thank you out to Jesse up there, for the board switch. Works like a charm now!</TD></TR></TABLE>

No problem! That was a weird one, yours worked perfectly in my car!
Old 01-16-2007, 01:10 AM
KOBE IS GOD

stick with crome you save 400 but you still have buy ostrich but you could tune many cars with it.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Should i switch to Neptune RTP (KB24)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KB24 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">stick with crome you save 400 but you still have buy ostrich but you could tune many cars with it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Crome will only save me 125 bucks, and i dont really care about tuning other peoples cars, im too busy with school and ****. I really just want my car to run mint.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds to me like you've already decided, so why are you here?

Crome is proven, and has got thousands of cars running on it. Neptune is fine, but it's still in a limited number of hands....how will customer service be after thousands are having questions that need answered?

Not saying Neptune is bad...just saying you know what your getting with CROME, and it works...plain and simple. CROME will be constantly developed also.

If your in school that's one thing, but you won't be in school forever....you may want to tune for cash when your done. CromePro is good stuff.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Should i switch to Neptune RTP (RC000E)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RC000E &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If your in school that's one thing, but you won't be in school forever....you may want to tune for cash when your done. CromePro is good stuff.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah i think i made my mind up, and i never plan on tuning for cash. I just do it for me.

And im not knocking cp, crome has been very good to me so far
Old 01-16-2007, 02:24 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RC000E &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Crome is proven, and has got thousands of cars running on it. Neptune is fine, but it's still in a limited number of hands....how will customer service be after thousands are having questions that need answered?
</TD></TR></TABLE>
There are already hundreds of cars running Neptune.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RC000E &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Not saying Neptune is bad...just saying you know what your getting with CROME, and it works...plain and simple. CROME will be constantly developed also.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know what I was getting with crome... software that was unreliable, that changed timing when it said it was changing fuel, and a configuration nightmare with all the "plugins."
Old 01-17-2007, 02:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Should i switch to Neptune RTP (alphajesse)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alphajesse &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
There are already hundreds of cars running Neptune.

I know what I was getting with crome... software that was unreliable, that changed timing when it said it was changing fuel, and a configuration nightmare with all the "plugins."</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't disagree with anything you've said here. I just would hate to see Neptune turn into Miller welders here. You'll have guys who've never tuned anything saying Neptune FTW and CROME FTL just based on some new hype.

The plugins and the timing issues...I've dealt with them myself, I totally agree on that. I know though generally everything gets resolved with CROME, and I have had TOTAL success with CROME...I absolutely love it.

To be honest, I don't know a whole hell of alot about Neptune. All I ever knew was, at the time I read about it noone was allowed to tune except dealers (Evans Tuning...period), and right off the bat I thought "f*ck that".

Is this software released to the user now since the release of this RTP board? Can I buy an RTP board, install it and tune anyones car so long as their ecu gets equipped with a board kit? If so, maybe I'd give it a shot. If I can't sell it/tune my local people with it though, I don't want it.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:49 AM

Is this software released to the user now since the release of this RTP board? Can I buy an RTP board, install it and tune anyones car so long as their ecu gets equipped with a board kit? If so, maybe I'd give it a shot. If I can't sell it/tune my local people with it though, I don't want it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

http://www.hrtuning.com

And the answer is yes to all of the above.