Notices

should i run a missing link or no?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should i run a missing link or no?

right now my setup is with 8 psi on my d16y7 with stock injectors, walboro 255, 12:1 fmu, missing link MAP eliminator, intercooled. i dont really like this fuel management setup since it has little to no tunability. i think i am going to run the afc hack with 450cc injectors. but what i am wondering is when i go to the afc hack should i continue to run the missing link MAP eliminator or should i remove it and operate off the stock MAP sensor??? any help is nice thanks guys
Old 09-03-2005, 10:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: should i run a missing link or no? (96EKshaved)

http://www.pgmfi.org/

you have alot of reading to do my friend. spending money on the afc hack is not an intellegent decision compared to your choices available. go to pgmfi and start with the beginners section until you find a setup that will work with your wallet / experience level. good luck!

the missing link doesnt eliminate the map sensor it just bleeds of positive pressure (n/a works in vaccum). same thing with the one way valves. and yes you would run the missing link with the hack. but your setup isnt much different from the afc hack...except with the hack you can adjust v-tec, and cam angle. the hack will be set to one point and stay their its not infinately adjustable. your just putting larger injectors and tricking the map sensor to run them like your stock injectors (while you **** your timing) atleast with the fmu you fuel pressure rising at a giving rate with out yanking your timing every where.
Old 09-04-2005, 01:20 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: should i run a missing link or no? (Syner-G-Racing)

People are still using that crap?