Notices

Shoud I get an AEM EMS? And where can I buy it the cheapest

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2002, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shoud I get an AEM EMS? And where can I buy it the cheapest

Should I get an AEM EMS? Who has expeirence with this. I am very patient and have plenty of time and expeirence. Do I need a dyno to tune? Where can I get this cheapest.
Old 10-01-2002, 04:44 PM
New User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Shoud I get an AEM EMS? And where can I buy it the cheapest (Elite Hatch)

Get it off DamonBoost if he's still selling his.
Old 10-01-2002, 04:46 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: Shoud I get an AEM EMS? And where can I buy it the cheapest (DarksideDC4)

See if Viren still has them cheap. Also, you will need some dyno time. You can get it running ok, but the dyno is still the best way. Im still waiting for the .089 to come out with the DFCO so my car doesnt suck so much gas.

art
Old 10-01-2002, 06:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Shoud I get an AEM EMS? And where can I buy it the cheapest (Arturbo)

What's a DFCO? Also, does the aem have an autotune feature w/ a wideband? I remember at some point they were coming out with it but I don't know if it has come out yet.

-Mike
Old 10-01-2002, 06:53 PM
New User

Default Re: Shoud I get an AEM EMS? And where can I buy it the cheapest (SlowTeg)

What's a DFCO? Also, does the aem have an autotune feature w/ a wideband? I remember at some point they were coming out with it but I don't know if it has come out yet.

-Mike
Deceleration Fuel Cut Off. Basically, when you decelerate (leaving the car in gear), the injectors are supposed to shut off or go to very minimal duty cycle. AEM has a problem with this...

BTW - Hondata does NOT have this problem
Old 10-01-2002, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Shoud I get an AEM EMS? And where can I buy it the cheapest (VaporTrail)

Uh... that seems like a pretty annoying problem. So what other problems are there with the aem ems..?

Regarding hondata.. does the ecu ever modify the boost maps in open loop? What I mean by this is do the readings from the iat affect how much fuel is injected? If it isn't, then retuning for different temps is proly a good idea. Thanks.

-Mike
Old 10-01-2002, 07:03 PM
New User

Default Re: Shoud I get an AEM EMS? And where can I buy it the cheapest (SlowTeg)

the Honda/Hondata ECU has long term and short term fueling adjustments based on air intake temps, o2 readings, etc.
Old 10-01-2002, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Shoud I get an AEM EMS? And where can I buy it the cheapest (VaporTrail)

Ok, I know it does in CLOSED loop, but what about open loop.. The term open loop suggests that it doesn't change but then a/f would definetly be leaner if tuned in the summer and run in the winter...?

-Mike
Old 10-01-2002, 07:23 PM
Better than steak

that is the only thing that bugs me about the AEM, but it will be out shortly.

art
Old 10-01-2002, 07:41 PM

Deceleration Fuel Cut Off. Basically, when you decelerate (leaving the car in gear), the injectors are supposed to shut off or go to very minimal duty cycle. AEM has a problem with this...

BTW - Hondata does NOT have this problem
with the AEMPro v3.14, a way to get around this is to have your lowest load value in the Load Table set to 21 kPa +/- 1 (this is if you scaled the Load units)....then in the fuel maps for that load value, have all the cells above 2000 rpm set to zero and all cells below set to 7....now you have engine braking when you release the accelerator and the injectors shut off....after it goes down pass 2000 rpm, then fuel is added back and the engine can go in the idle state...with the new release, they are suppose to fix the DFCO settings

[Modified by Quaalude, 11:44 PM 10/1/2002]

[Modified by Quaalude, 11:49 PM 10/1/2002]
Old 10-01-2002, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Shoud I get an AEM EMS? And where can I buy it the cheapest (Arturbo)

it does suck..specially if its tuned crappy.suck baby suck...i went through a lot gas one night and all i did was drive around the block
Old 10-02-2002, 07:44 AM

Default Re: Shoud I get an AEM EMS? And where can I buy it the cheapest (SiRkid)

Hmm. So you think I should wait till they come out with the newest version? When do they expect it to come out? Or should I just go Hondata?
Old 10-02-2002, 08:02 AM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Re: Shoud I get an AEM EMS? And where can I buy it the cheapest (Elite Hatch)

if you're obd1, i'd go hondata. the only really cool feature of the aem is the boost controller/speed dependant boost control.

theres a ton of race related features for it like antilag( in ver 0.89 supposedly) and all that 2 stage shifting stuff, but for the street its definitely more work to get running good.

and i REALLY want the aem to have closed loop feedback via a stock narrowband o2 sensor for part throttle fuel economy. if i cant get that working ... then...that would suck.