Notices

Shitty downpipe...(pics) This is how the "pro's" at National Muffler do it. (from DP disaster)

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shitty downpipe...(pics) This is how the "pro's" at National Muffler do it. (from DP disaster)

That O2 bung needs to be moved as well. It's too far down and im throwing a code and not getting any readings on the O2 sensor

Nice Y-pipe though. That mccord powerplate will be fun at least, I tested it out and that thing is kick ***!!

THEY SHOULD HAVE RE-FLARED THE END

I wanted 2.5" , I got 2" and the *** never told me till i found out myself. I told him and he said HE KNEW IT, and then now he wants me to pay for it to get fixed. He also said i need a slim fan now too because that's why he couldn't do it. 60 more down the drain.

$170 for **** POS.

National muffler in milwaukee. Tell me what you guys think of these bends and stuff.
Old 10-06-2003, 05:43 PM
New User

Default Re: Shitty downpipe...(pics) This is how the "pro's" at National Muffler do it. (racinskittle)

To the "PROS" at National Muffler now go back there and do this
Old 10-06-2003, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Shitty downpipe...(pics) This is how the "pro's" at National Muffler do it. (racinskittle)

Did you pay for the piping or did they provide you the piping? Looks decent. $170 to do 3 welds

and why is that 3 bolt flange just sitting in the middle?
Old 10-06-2003, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Shitty downpipe...(pics) This is how the "pro's" at National Muffler do it. (CRV Monster)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRV Monster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Did you pay for the piping or did they provide you the piping? Looks decent. $170 to do 3 welds

and why is that 3 bolt flange just sitting in the middle?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the replies guys. He told me he gave me a great deal on it, and that's why i'd have to pay for them to fix it.

It slid down when i took it off. Also they did actually provide the piping for me except I provided the Y-pipe.

I wish I would have gotten a close up of those bends. They were scratched pretty bad from the bending and were also squashed when they were bent (making the overall diameter MUCH flatter) for the 2.5"

ALso they should have re-flared the top and not used that brown piece. Instead they were too damn lazy and just welded some half *** 2" or less (notice the ID of the pipe inside) on AND DIDN"T EVEN ******* TELL ME. Instead they told me it'd be 2.25 and they didn't think I'd notice.

But I did. Then I showed it to him i said that's not even 2". He said ohh it's 2".

Modified by racinskittle at 3:13 AM 10/7/2003
Old 10-06-2003, 06:05 PM

if they call themselves pro's, they have an obligation to do a professional job. when they don't, you have a right to tell them to fix it. if they refuse, report them to their corporate HQ and the BBB...
Old 10-06-2003, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

oh my god!
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (filthy scarecrow)

Although there are reputable shops around where I live, I'm going to weld all my exhaust and IC piping myself.

Stinks about the shop you went to what have you decided to do now?

I can do a hell of a lot better than that with my free welder!
Old 10-06-2003, 06:15 PM

Default Re: Shitty downpipe...(pics) This is how the "pro's" at National Muffler do it. (turbohappy)

uhh yea man that hole thing looks like poop. Get a refund.
Old 10-06-2003, 06:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

eew. that's torch welding either done with too much oxy or using some crap wire (coat hanger) as filler or both... and its all fawkin hamajang too. i'll bet they were welding with the cutting torch to save time changing heads. IMO, those welds WILL crack one day...

the bends don't look that bad for a small muffler shop. it's exactly what i would have expected. they're not mandrel bends, they're done with a bottle jack bender. as for the fitment, and having to use a slim fan, that's just plain BS. they should have figured everything out and done it right, instead of designing it half-*** and then telling you it wont fit
Old 10-06-2003, 06:27 PM

Default Re: (ross1459)

Damn man, If you were only local I would have been more than willing to do a downpipe for ya and it would have came out a ton better for around the same price as the dope manifold i made ya! Sucks man!
Old 10-06-2003, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ross1459)

Im calling them for a third time tomorrow and telling them how they're going to fix their problem. Im also going to let them know that they'll be reflaring some new piping at the top too instead of half assing it again.

Im taking off my fan for my radiator (which should take away their excuses now) and just going to have them reweld some 2.5" inch on and do a good job at it this time
Then im going to let him know how much im willing to pay....(they wont like this part.)

Otherwise another thing im considering is having them give me an estimate, say "OK", then when they're done tell them im not paying for their mistakes.

If they can't do it right THIS TIME, then it's time for a refund

THANKS FOR THE REPLIES GUYS!

As for connecting the Y-pipe to my stock cat, My dad's got an arc welder so im going to weld on the reducers myself (so the Y pipe fits to the stock cat) Reducers are only like $2 and i only need 2. So it'll be a good learning experience for me anyways. I was gonna have a different shop do that, but i've taken ur guy's advice and doing it myself. I should have done the whole thing myself but I forgot about our welder we had.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ross1459 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">eew. that's torch welding either done with too much oxy or using some crap wire (coat hanger) as filler or both... and its all fawkin hamajang too. i'll bet they were welding with the cutting torch to save time changing heads. IMO, those welds WILL crack one day...

the bends don't look that bad for a small muffler shop. it's exactly what i would have expected. they're not mandrel bends, they're done with a bottle jack bender. as for the fitment, and having to use a slim fan, that's just plain BS. they should have figured everything out and done it right, instead of designing it half-*** and then telling you it wont fit</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah that's what im pissed about. They fucked up and they dont wanna fix it.

ALSO he told me that if I dont get the spring bolts (to connect to the stock cat) and flex piping in order to give it some play that the welds WILL BREAK from the bumps that I go over in the car.

What the hell do i do about that?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RenoRacing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Damn man, If you were only local I would have been more than willing to do a downpipe for ya and it would have came out a ton better for around the same price as the dope manifold i made ya! Sucks man! </TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHA thanks man! That manifold kicks *** thanks! No exhaust leaks and im not even using gaskets betweent he turbo and manifold! lol
Old 10-06-2003, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

c'mon..this post has to be a joke..if not then i'm sorry, but then again the place you took it to is named National Muffler not National Downpipe..
Old 10-06-2003, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Shitty downpipe...(pics) This is how the "pro's" at National Muffler do it. (espanol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by espanol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">c'mon..this post has to be a joke..if not then i'm sorry, but then again the place you took it to is named National Muffler not National Downpipe.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

True it is a muffler shop, NOT a fabrication shop, but at the same time that is one ugly *** downpipe . I would tell them to stick that thing up there *** and gauge what diameter the pipe is that way . If they really told you it would be 2 1/2 and it wasnt then you deserve a refund, or at least a new pipe. As far as quality goes, i wouldnt have gotten a muffler shop to do it in the first place. The bends look pretty good for not being mandrel, but yea those welds look like terradactal ****. If it was a real job they did and you received a receipt then take it back and demand a refund, talk to the manager, call the BBB (who doestn do **** anyway ) or somthing becuase that is

-Brian W.
Old 10-06-2003, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Shitty downpipe...(pics) This is how the "pro's" at National Muffler do it. (espanol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by espanol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">c'mon..this post has to be a joke..if not then i'm sorry, but then again the place you took it to is named National Muffler not National Downpipe.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah i know but they said they could do it for me "just bring it down and we'll see what we can do". They said they can. So i had no clue.

Thanks again guys.

Im giving this guy a second chance to make up for his mistakes so I should prolly wait till he fixes before I gauge how the customer service is here. BUT from talking to him right now, he's wanting me to pay for it to be fixed which is complete ****!
Old 10-06-2003, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Shitty downpipe...(pics) This is how the "pro's" at National Muffler do it. (LSiTurbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LSiTurbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

True it is a muffler shop, NOT a fabrication shop, but at the same time that is one ugly *** downpipe . I would tell them to stick that thing up there *** and gauge what diameter the pipe is that way . If they really told you it would be 2 1/2 and it wasnt then you deserve a refund, or at least a new pipe. As far as quality goes, i wouldnt have gotten a muffler shop to do it in the first place. The bends look pretty good for not being mandrel, but yea those welds look like terradactal ****. If it was a real job they did and you received a receipt then take it back and demand a refund, talk to the manager, call the BBB (who doestn do **** anyway ) or somthing becuase that is

-Brian W. </TD></TR></TABLE>

for reals those welds look like they used toothpaste as filler...
Old 10-06-2003, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Shitty downpipe...(pics) This is how the "pro's" at National Muffler do it. (LSiTurbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LSiTurbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

-Brian W. </TD></TR></TABLE>

At first he said he'd be able to do 2.5 all the way back for $170. THen after his worker (NOT HIM HE DIDN"T DO THE WORK, ONE OF HIS WORKERS DID) (He didn't even know what was going on.) started, they told me they'd have to do 2.25. Not wanting to be an *** i said "fine" THen when they're done, it's ******* 2". I couldn't believe it.
Old 10-06-2003, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i'm sorry dude but you got ripped...that looks like total ***...go somewhere else where they actually no what they are doing
Old 10-06-2003, 07:32 PM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts

yeah i got screwed by the local MIG monkeys too. now its always over to tony1 for the good ****.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Shitty downpipe...(pics) This is how the "pro's" at National Muffler do it. (falconGSR)

roflmao i would do a better job and ive welded once in my life

i got a decent job done by the local mig monkey's but i also got screwed too.
6" of the bend off the turbo rests on the rad

and my muffler was welded on half assed ..off center and too low. ****** choada's.
i need a mig welder adn need to learn to do this **** myself.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:31 PM

Default Re: Shitty downpipe...(pics) This is how the "pro's" at National Muffler do it. (SiRkid)

As crappy as it is I would probably run it, LOL
Old 10-06-2003, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Shitty downpipe...(pics) This is how the "pro's" at National Muffler do it. (SiRkid)

$170 was WAY WAY too much for that piece.. It doesn't even look like its worth $50... i hate those shop that promise you the world, but after you hand them your money, they dick with you and give you the run around to the point that you wanna go postal on them because they did a half-*** job..
Old 10-06-2003, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Shitty downpipe...(pics) This is how the "pro's" at National Muffler do it. (92HB_HB)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92HB_HB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">$170 was WAY WAY too much for that piece.. It doesn't even look like its worth $50... i hate those shop that promise you the world, but after you hand them your money, they dick with you and give you the run around to the point that you wanna go postal on them because they did a half-*** job..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Man that's exactly how i feel.

And after they fix it, ill run it at least i've got the cut-out to make up for it

**** if i thought they were gonna pull this, i woulda rather taken my chances JBing the damn thing.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:47 PM

Default Re: Shitty downpipe...(pics) This is how the "pro's" at National Muffler do it.

What nice work they did...

Get a refund.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:50 PM

Default Re: Shitty downpipe...(pics) This is how the "pro's" at National Muffler do it. (FBP Si 2000)

my little brother could weld better with a 12V batter and a soldering iron with silly putty.

Quick Reply: Shitty downpipe...(pics) This is how the "pro's" at National Muffler do it. (from DP disaster)