Shitty Ass Profec B!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 11:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shitty *** Profec B!!!

Ok heres the deal...

All along, i had the dip switches set wrong, i had it set for actuator w/overboost and i think thats why my car wont boost passed 17 psi. Now i set the dip switches for external type and my car didnt regulate boost, the boost just kept going 20+ psi on lowest boost setting, and even when the profec was off! i tried setting it for external type w/overboost and still did the same thing, no regulation for boost. So i set it back to actuator w/overboost and it holds the spring lb. on low boost but i cant go passed 17 psi.
http://greddy.com/Technical/profec_frame.htm

Can anyone tell me wtf im doing wrong? my wastegate is a Tial 46mm with 12 lb. spring and here's how i have it hooked up...
1. Boost pressure from intake manifold to "IN"
2. Vacuum from intake manifold going to side port of WG
3. "OUT" going to the top of WG

I searched already and went through 5 pages of it and i didnt find any answers, so can someone hook me up?
Old 05-03-2003, 04:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Shitty *** Profec B!!! (TurboDANDEE)

you need to have the boost pressure coming from before the throttle body. is yours getting boost pressure from the right spot?
Old 05-03-2003, 05:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Shitty *** Profec B!!!

Is the boost referrence for the Profec hooked up?
Old 05-03-2003, 05:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

dandee, double and triple chieck that the hoses are not pinched or twisted up. We just got thru going thru this on another friends car. Even went as far as to send it back to greddy for repair and it was sent back. The hose going into the cab was pinchec so the controller wasnt getting a good signal. Now the car boost like a champ w/ no problems. Oh.. and btw.. lets go to the track thursday! It's import nights every thursday at hrwp.
Old 05-03-2003, 11:08 AM

Default Re: Shitty *** Profec B!!! (SEFI8LOxCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SEFI8LOxCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you need to have the boost pressure coming from before the throttle body. is yours getting boost pressure from the right spot?</TD></TR></TABLE>

nah man, im getting mine from the intake manifold. i've seen people running this way with no problem like jinxproof, u think that could be a problem? i mean its still boost pressure either way.
Old 05-03-2003, 11:11 AM

Default Re: Shitty *** Profec B!!! (GSRev)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GSRev &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dandee, double and triple chieck that the hoses are not pinched or twisted up. We just got thru going thru this on another friends car. Even went as far as to send it back to greddy for repair and it was sent back. The hose going into the cab was pinchec so the controller wasnt getting a good signal. Now the car boost like a champ w/ no problems. Oh.. and btw.. lets go to the track thursday! It's import nights every thursday at hrwp. </TD></TR></TABLE>

thanx alex, ill check that one vacuum hose going into the controller, i re-did it and made it shorter and i didnt see any pinching anywhere. so what was the problem ur friend had, was it the same as mine? If i can fix my problems with my car, i'll definetly give u call and head to the track with u, oh ya do u trailor your car?
Old 05-03-2003, 11:13 AM

Default Re: Shitty *** Profec B!!! (inspyral)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by inspyral &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is the boost referrence for the Profec hooked up?</TD></TR></TABLE>

im not exactly sure what you are reffering to?
Old 05-03-2003, 12:41 PM

i had that prob then took a direct source from intake pipe no more prob after!
Old 05-03-2003, 01:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Shitty *** Profec B!!! (11sec.sleeper)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 11sec.sleeper &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i had that prob then took a direct source from intake pipe no more prob after!</TD></TR></TABLE>

So u had the boost pressure coming from the intake manifold, then u changed it to the charge pipe?
Old 05-03-2003, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Shitty *** Profec B!!! (bambooluv)

i thought boost pressure would be the same coming from the charge pipe or intake manifold?
Old 05-04-2003, 12:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you get more pressure from the charge pipe. also, if you have it attached after the tb on the intake manifold, that port is getting vacuum at times, and that port is not designed for that.
Old 05-04-2003, 10:32 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SEFI8LOxCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you get more pressure from the charge pipe. also, if you have it attached after the tb on the intake manifold, that port is getting vacuum at times, and that port is not designed for that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I had a concern about the vacuum, so i put in a one way check valve on it. ill try to hook it up on my charge pipe to see if it makes a difference, thanx guys.

anyone else have the same problem as me?
Old 05-04-2003, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

putting it in the charge pipe will give you a stronger boost source, especially if you put it before the intercooler.
Old 05-04-2003, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will you also get better boost respose if you have your manual boost controller hooked up this way?
Old 05-04-2003, 03:37 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboDANDEE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> but i cant go passed 17 psi. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmmmmm......maybe that's all she (your motor) can handle !!
Old 05-04-2003, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Shitty *** Profec B!!! (turbo Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbo Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Hmmmmm......maybe that's all she (your motor) can handle !!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Maybe, but i make more power than u on 15 psi... MUUWAAHAHAHA!
Old 05-04-2003, 05:23 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboDANDEE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Maybe, but i make more power than u on 15 psi... MUUWAAHAHAHA!</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL, anyway's you gonna still come Thursday night. Danny said he might go.
Why don't you just get a manuel controller. Everyone will still think your a baller, it's ok!
Old 05-04-2003, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hope you got everything straightened out by now.. I will be @ hrwp this comming thursday. Last week 32 cars showed up.. hopefully more will come out this thursday. Mario and myself will be there.
Old 05-04-2003, 10:52 PM

im gonna try to get my boost pressure from the charge pipe to see if that changes anything (monday).

Alex, what time on Thursday does the track open and what kind of event are they having?
Old 05-04-2003, 11:22 PM
I am a bad person

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboDANDEE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok heres the deal...

All along, i had the dip switches set wrong, i had it set for actuator w/overboost and i think thats why my car wont boost passed 17 psi. Now i set the dip switches for external type and my car didnt regulate boost, the boost just kept going 20+ psi on lowest boost setting, and even when the profec was off! </TD></TR></TABLE>

did anyone notice that the boost still went past 20psi with the controller off. the car should runt he psi of the wastegate spring and nothign more with the profec be off. its not a shitty profec b.something else is wrong here. I have used a profec on almost all my cars. i have mine comign from the turbo to the in on the solenoid, then out to the top of the wastegate. the side port on the wastegate has a T in it to the turbo.
Old 05-05-2003, 12:26 AM

Default Re: Shitty *** Profec B!!! (MotorMatrix.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MotorMatrix.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

did anyone notice that the boost still went past 20psi with the controller off. the car should runt he psi of the wastegate spring and nothign more with the profec be off. its not a shitty profec b.something else is wrong here. I have used a profec on almost all my cars. i have mine comign from the turbo to the in on the solenoid, then out to the top of the wastegate. the side port on the wastegate has a T in it to the turbo. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ya, i found it kind of odd too when it went passed the spring psi when the controller was off, thats why i thought it was screwed up. But when i set it back for actuator type, it boosted the spring psi when the controller was off.

I think my problem is im not tapping my boost pressure from my turbo, i have it coming from my manifold instead. ill switch it around tomorrow and see what happens...
Old 05-05-2003, 03:20 AM

Default Re: (TurboDANDEE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboDANDEE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Alex, what time on Thursday does the track open and what kind of event are they having?</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's just an all import thing there trying to start every Thursday. They still open at 5:00, and after it starts to get bigger they plan on making it a trophey night like they do on Wed. I spoke with Peter and your brother about coming.
Old 05-05-2003, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Shitty *** Profec B!!! (MotorMatrix.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MotorMatrix.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i have mine comign from the turbo to the in on the solenoid, then out to the top of the wastegate. the side port on the wastegate has a T in it to the turbo. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok, we changed TurboDANDEE's vacuum hoses and hooked it up just like motormatrix's car, same way as the GReddy manual.

Still not regulating boost, going passed 20+ psi on low boost, even when the profec is off. we checked for any kinked lines and everything looked good. We even called GReddy and they told us the that the vacuum hoses were not hooked up right, we did what they told us and hooked it up like the manual and still doing the same thing. Tomorrow, we're going to open up the Tial and see if there's anything wrong or getting stuck inside. Anyone else know what could be wrong, any info would be great, thanx.
Old 05-05-2003, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Shitty *** Profec B!!! (jisatsuracer)

are u sure u have the in and out on the black box going to the right places? b/c i know if u don't then it won't go the rate of the spring.
Old 05-05-2003, 08:49 PM

Default Re: Shitty *** Profec B!!! (SpoolnG2)

there r dip switches on the back of the controller 4 diferent types of wastegate setups

Quick Reply: Shitty Ass Profec B!!!