Notices

Secret Services is no more ... tuning hondata in florida?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 04:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Secret Services is no more ... tuning hondata in florida?

Well I guess they are finally completely shut down... Ive been trying to contact John or anybody at Secret Services for 5 days with 0 response ... (emailed john 3 times from different email addresses, emailed Kyle, pm'd john aka Vaportrail from Honda-tech and Tamparacing, called business # about 20 times at different days and different times during the day).

Had my car partially tuned by John on 06/18/04 with hondata s200b ... after 6-7 dyno runs he noticed my ignition wasn't keeping up with enough spark and that my distributor was shot , or maybe I could replace my coil with an external one... I paid him most of the tuning cost up front with the understanding that he was going to finish up tuning my car within 2 weeks after I fixed the ignition problem. I handed him 300 cash and agreed another 50 bucks to be paid next time in 1-2 weeks. Now please keep in mind that 350 for tuning was agreed upon mutually because I already spent 642 dollars with him on hondata s200b (no options), 3 bar map , and rechipping. So here I am now, Brand New Moroso Distributor installed , brand new NGK spark plug wires, brand new spark plugs (so my ignition is now perfect )... and I can't get ahold of John to tune my car.

Now I would like to just finish up tuning my car with John as we agreed... If anyone can get ahold of him that can be greatly appreciated ... he posted on tamparacing that he already sold his equipment ... so I don't know how this is going to work out.

Otherwise, I would like some suggestions for Hondata tuning in florida ... I live in central florida .... these are the 3 places I've heard about South Florida Performace (great work but expensive tuning... and knowing that I am already loosing big $ on the tuning because of SS being shut down ), Mase up in Tallahasse (good work, but I don't know if his schedule permits), and I heard Darin Dichiara aka willis is doing some tuning locally with Titan motorsports (I know he has some experience with uberdata ... but don't quite know anything else about him).

Ok guys what shall I do .... who to go to , can anybody get ahold of John , help me out here .... thanks....

Modified by dasher at 8:34 AM 6/30/2004
Old 06-30-2004, 04:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Secret Services is no more ... tuning hondata in florida? (dasher)

Mase isn't in tallahassee, he's in gainesville so he's closer than you think.
Old 06-30-2004, 04:38 AM

Default Re: Secret Services is no more ... tuning hondata in florida? (leadtrum)

your right ... he goes to UF ... i was thinking he went to FSU for a second ...
Old 06-30-2004, 06:12 AM

Call LHT Performance, and ask them.

727.344.1800, tell 'em Chris sent you.
Old 06-30-2004, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Secret Services is no more ... tuning hondata in florida? (Mad Cow)

come to Orlando...Darin a.k.a Willis will take of it for you....he's done good work with Uberdata

407-277-8423....and he's a real good guy too
Old 06-30-2004, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

tow your car to texas if you want to make power
Old 06-30-2004, 07:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Secret Services is no more ... tuning hondata in florida? (espanol)

SFP might be worth the trip, thats probably what Im going to do if SS really is done.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:30 AM

Default Re: Secret Services is no more ... tuning hondata in florida? (tegunderpressure)

Secret Services is definetly over ... John confirmed it on a Tamparacing thread and I heard it from his own mouth on 06/18 .....

I heard from someone on Tamparacing that his dyno broke , so I guess I can't finish tuning with him.... I now know that John is ignoring me because I see recent posts on tamparacing from today 6/30 where I emailed him and pm'ed him from so their is no way he couldn't get those .... you would think the right thing to do is at least apologise and explain the situation rather then just ignore me //
Old 06-30-2004, 07:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

give him a break..'m sure he's under a lot of stress from going out of business.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

John is still selling and tuning Hondata on the side like Mase does. I talked to John last weekend and with that being said ...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VaporTrail/John &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The long and short story of why. I simply am burnt out and ready for a new career. I decided on this a few weeks ago. I simply don't want the hassles, drama, and long hours that are needed to run the business. Working on cars, you either do it b/c you love it, or you don't do it, b/c you don't make the money to justify it otherwise. 7 years of doing it every day tests your love, and took it to a point where I didnt want to work on my own car. That was the signal telling me it's time to move on.

I've sold my equipment and we'll be wrapping things up over the next few weeks. Matt is going back to school, I am doing the same. Kyle left a few weeks ago to pursue other ventures.

I know a few people will be miffed as to why, some will be cool and be supportive as always, others will be celebrating and then the rest of you won't care. I take it all in stride.

I'll still be doing side work here and there for those who are interested on a limited basis. I won't be dissapearing leaving behind debts like some business's. I have most everyone already taken care of, but if I've missed anyone to this point, please contact me via email or pm, as my time spent at the shop will be limited. I'll still be here on TR, in fact, now that I will have some time, probably more than ever

In closing, I'd like to thank everyone who supported us over the years. I did have a TON of fun, made a lot of friends, made a lot of fast cars and learned a lot about myself and cars in the process. It was our supporters that kept us going, and really thats why I kept it going this long. So, to all of tampabay, Secret Services says, thanks for the memories </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 06-30-2004, 07:56 AM

Default Re: Secret Services is no more ... tuning hondata in florida? (espanol)

its cool ... I already cut my losses and moved on... I'm not trying to stir anything up .. just saying it would have been nice to reply back to me 5 days ago explaining me the situation so I could make other arrangements rather than waste my time .... its just the right thing to do, thats all ...

I'm going to go Darin @ Titan next week to have my car tuned ... just spoke with him and set things up
Old 06-30-2004, 07:58 AM

Default Re: Secret Services is no more ... tuning hondata in florida? (0x64)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 0x64 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">John is still selling and tuning Hondata on the side like Mase does. I talked to John last weekend and with that being said ...

</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah I already read that ... someone on Tamparacing said his dyno is broken , have you heard anything about this ...
Old 06-30-2004, 08:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I know nothing about that. I was under the impression he was going to sell it to someone but I just dont know.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That ****** sucks. I was counting on getting my exhaust welded up there and John tuning my car next month. I totally support him if he wants to do something else. I just don't know where I'm going to go now.....
Old 06-30-2004, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

damm SS was great! Sorry to hear John.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:38 AM
New User

I hate to say it, but my motor will be the last to come out of there. Although it will not be swapped into the car there. This doesnt bother me and I have spoken to John everyday in the process and he has been nothing but helpful in guiding me to finish this car. Yeah it sucks that they are closing, but i am glad i met him when i did! And when my car turns the numbers we hope for and heads I hope for, Most credit will go to SS for taking on a long process and putting up with me shopwing up everyday to check on the progress

Thanks John and Matt of Secret Services, I probably would have sold out of the game again if it wasn't for you guys!

Good Luck with your schooling, and John I will see you soon to tune the Hondata and break that 500whp mark we were talking about!
Old 06-30-2004, 10:22 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dasher &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yeah I already read that ... someone on Tamparacing said his dyno is broken , have you heard anything about this ... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, my car broke it a couple of weeks ago. It just couldn't take anymore. The rollers just shot out of the bottom of the thing. lol

Old 06-30-2004, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Secret Services is no more ... tuning hondata in florida? (RyanCivic2000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RyanCivic2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So I guess he's going to help everyone out that was aiming for 500whp and the rest of us who wanted to make 300whp like myself are fucked.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You might wanna try XAT Racing....ive heard some good stuff about them
Old 06-30-2004, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Secret Services is no more ... tuning hondata in florida? (RyanCivic2000)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RyanCivic2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So I guess he's going to help everyone out that was aiming for 500whp and the rest of us who wanted to make 300whp like myself are fucked.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Can you blame him? He's moving on, he no longer runs a business. It's a hobby now, that means he can pick and choose what he does. I'd go for the glory too. Just my view...
Old 06-30-2004, 11:05 AM

Default Re: Secret Services is no more ... tuning hondata in florida? (rondigs)

My project and droppedGSR's project had been taken on long before the decision to close the doors.

From what he relayed to me, he just burnt out. I'm for whatever makes him happy. His personal business is his personal business. I wish him the very best in his future endeavors.
Old 06-30-2004, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Secret Services is no more ... tuning hondata in florida? (rondigs)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rondigs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My project and droppedGSR's project had been taken on long before the decision to close the doors. </TD></TR></TABLE>

So was mine.
Old 06-30-2004, 11:20 AM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RyanCivic2000 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So was mine.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Although there is a different bewteen Rondigs project and mine over yours. Our cars/motors were actually on location, being worked on daily. I am not saying you shouldnt be helped, just clarifying that ther eis a huge difference between the 2 as comparisons.

I have spent alot of money there, between parts and labor and they have done all of it. Not to mention my motor alone has been there nearly a year now.

Again, I am not trying to fuel a fire here, just stating that it isn't a fair comparison between 2. Not to mention, it is completely up to John what he will and won't tune anymore.

Anyways, good luck with everything!
Old 06-30-2004, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I deleted my posts in this thread because I was being irrational and didn't give John a fair chance to get in touch with me. My apologies to John and everyone else. I do support John's decision to do different things with his life and I wish him the best of luck.
Old 06-30-2004, 12:31 PM

Yeah Guys... this is not a "I was screwed over and want to vent thread"
this was a " I cant get ahold of John and don't know what to do thread"

.... I'll that needed to happen was to be emailed a quick response explaining the dyno went .... I would have completely understood and immediately made other arrangements without asking for a partial refund ... I'm an understanding guy and am willing to take a small loss when the other guy is taking big losses at no fault of his own...
Old 06-30-2004, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, this is tough, I had my car tuned at SS last December. I have been making changes to my setup now so I was going to go back very soon

This sucks cause ther isn't another HONDATA tuner nearby. TITAN won't do hondata, hell, they usually don't want to help you out unless your spendng tons of cash anyway.

I've heard super great things about MASE, if he's as close as gainesville, it would be worth the trip.

Quick Reply: Secret Services is no more ... tuning hondata in florida?