S300 Boost Control Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 04:16 PM
BCICAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default S300 Boost Control Question

I don't know why, but I thought of this while in the shower tonight for some reason. Where it says "Solenoid activation pressure," is that kind of like a gain **** on a normal EBC? Say I were to run a 8 or 9psi spring...how would you go determine what value to put in there?

Also, when setting the DC% up I was to run the Fixed Duty Cycle (and change that only) under the Control Method area until I figure out exactly what all my values are, correct?

Here is what I've set up so far...anything sticking out that's wrong to you? The pressure vs. DC% values are just arbitary....I'll find out what they truly are on Monday

Old 02-14-2007, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: S300 Boost Control Question (Dunc)

according to ur tables at 15%dc you are running 10psi, have u measured it accurately cause if not i would proberly start at 7%dc and gradually increase dc%....but yea things look alright. Oh where it says says solonoid activation preasure, do a run off the wasgate only and record that value in there, thats so u can run ur minimum boost .
Old 02-14-2007, 05:47 PM
BCICAN

Default Re: S300 Boost Control Question (dreadcivicturbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dreadcivicturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">according to ur tables at 15%dc you are running 10psi, have u measured it accurately cause if not i would proberly start at 7%dc and gradually increase dc%....but yea things look alright. Oh where it says says solonoid activation preasure, do a run off the wasgate only and record that value in there, thats so u can run ur minimum boost .</TD></TR></TABLE>

"The pressure vs. DC% values are just arbitary....I'll find out what they truly are on Monday"

Should I put the activation pressure like 1psi or lower than the wastegate? Cause like maybe on a hot day, the psi might not get all the way to "x"psi and then the solenoid would never kick in. Is that reason sort of accurate?
Old 02-14-2007, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: S300 Boost Control Question (Dunc)

why don't u use the boost by gears it look more easy and may work better
Old 02-14-2007, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: S300 Boost Control Question (rg-t)

no u can't. whatever your wastgate spring is, is the minimum boost you can run. You need to set the activation preasure to your lowest boost level possible. ( thats with the solonoid not hooked up, and the wasgate is hooked up directly to the manifold) now that boost level will be your activation preasure. The computer can only increase boost from that level.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:16 PM
BCICAN

Maybe I'm just thinking of it wrong then....

Example:
Say I run a 8psi spring that yields 7.7psi on a normal day so I set the activation pressure for 7.7psi. Then the next day say it only gives me 7.6psi, would the solenoid not trigger and increase boost? Because I'm thinking of it like an "if/then" scenario...."if I reach 7.7psi, then raise the pressure accordingly"

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rg-t &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why don't u use the boost by gears it look more easy and may work better </TD></TR></TABLE>

That's what I will use once I figure out what duty cycle yields what boost pressure.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

good post.. i haven't had a chance to dial this in either.. not enough road and the tracks are not open yet..
Old 02-15-2007, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lets hear some more input.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:45 PM
BCICAN

Default Re: (building boost)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by building boost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lets hear some more input.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Here is what a guy told me on a local forum (his name is the same on here too).
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Shmaa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The activation pressure sets when the solenoid actually turns on. Mine is set at 4psi I think. Spool time seems to be the same regardless what the activation pressure is. You can play with it a little it wont cause any problems. Maybe if you datalog you can see what activation pressure spools the best for you.

Also, when setting the DC% up I was to run the Fixed Duty Cycle (and change that only) under the Control Method area until I figure out exactly what all my values are, correct?

Yep, dont mess with the gear based until you figure out all your boost levels.</TD></TR></TABLE>