Notices

S2000

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 07:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2000 on B00sT

There arent too many posts on turbo'd S2000s.

I'm going to start this new project soon. What is the hp limit on the stock 2L S2000 block on pump gas? How well, does the oem rear differentials and driveshafts hold up?

I've seen Tinkers setup and wandering if there are any other similar out there.

Modified by swlabhot at 1:33 PM 3/28/2006
Old 03-27-2006, 08:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: S2000 (swlabhot)

my buddy jsut took his s2000 to the dyno last week. he has the full race turbo kit with a gt35r and aem ems......basically the best of everything and it made 370 rwhp at 10 psi...with race gas we could have gone well over 400rwhp but the thing is insane at 10 psi.... the only thing that sux is that you cant launch very hard because the rear end is very easy to break....so be very carefull and make sure you have a good tuner cause the high comp.....if u got questions just pm me.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:54 AM

Default Re: S2000 (airwalk07143)

I'm trying to decide between Full Race or Lovefab. EMS wise its between AEM or S300..

I dont want to have to buld the block seeing as I'd already done it on my ITR. I just want a direct bolt-on turbo kit and enjoy it without breaking things.. Ideally I'm aiming for 400-450whp on pump.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

either way i have a solution for you. ever heard of justice racing engines? jim who owns the business builds alot of the fastest import engines anywhere and his stuff is right. i know he built some of jason hunts motors for his civic and crx's and also the motors the paul efentis is using this season. well i have a s2000 engine that jim built that is never going to make it into the car, it has aebs sleeves custom pauter (i think) rods, cp pistons, aebs headstuds, full ferrea valvetrain and a lot of other high end stuff. i can get the build sheet with the pics as soon as the disc gets brought over. jim assembled the motor from oil pan to valve cover and it is ready to just bolt into a car. i will have the build pics within the next 2 weeks. i know somewhere in the vicinity of 10 grand was spent on this motor and it is new, never even been in a car yet. also have an aem ems somewhere new in the box. i will sell the engine and ems for 7500 at a huge loss but someone will bolt a big turbo to it and make huge numbers. this thing is bulletproof and has the best of everything in it. i know you said you didnt want to build your motor but this isnt building your motor, you can take yours out set it to the side and bolt in this one, not exactly what you asked for but i figured i'd throw it out there anyways, i'm gonna post a thread on it so i can sell it as soon as i get all of the build pics. thanks for reading this mess even if you arent interested.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is waht we were aiming for whp wise....didnt quite get there but i dont want to rebuild the motor yet so we kept it safe....the full-race kis is real nice...excellent guys to work with....only thing is that the turbo sit to close to the fender wall so you have to either heat it up then hammer the fender wall in about 1/4 in.(not much) or we figured out that you can loosen the motor mounts and push the motor oveer about 1/2in which is just enough.....that is also with a gt35r turbo though.... good luck though
Old 03-27-2006, 11:03 PM

Default Re: S2000 (airwalk07143)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2gturboteg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">either way i have a solution for you. ever heard of justice racing engines? jim who owns the business builds alot of the fastest import engines anywhere and his stuff is right. i know he built some of jason hunts motors for his civic and crx's and also the motors the paul efentis is using this season. well i have a s2000 engine that jim built that is never going to make it into the car, it has aebs sleeves custom pauter (i think) rods, cp pistons, aebs headstuds, full ferrea valvetrain and a lot of other high end stuff. i can get the build sheet with the pics as soon as the disc gets brought over. jim assembled the motor from oil pan to valve cover and it is ready to just bolt into a car. i will have the build pics within the next 2 weeks. i know somewhere in the vicinity of 10 grand was spent on this motor and it is new, never even been in a car yet. also have an aem ems somewhere new in the box. i will sell the engine and ems for 7500 at a huge loss but someone will bolt a big turbo to it and make huge numbers. this thing is bulletproof and has the best of everything in it. i know you said you didnt want to build your motor but this isnt building your motor, you can take yours out set it to the side and bolt in this one, not exactly what you asked for but i figured i'd throw it out there anyways, i'm gonna post a thread on it so i can sell it as soon as i get all of the build pics. thanks for reading this mess even if you arent interested.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thx but as I have to budget for that amount at least on the turbo kit, I really don't have the funds for the engine at the moment. Sounds good tho.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by airwalk07143 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that is waht we were aiming for whp wise....didnt quite get there but i dont want to rebuild the motor yet so we kept it safe....the full-race kis is real nice...excellent guys to work with....only thing is that the turbo sit to close to the fender wall so you have to either heat it up then hammer the fender wall in about 1/4 in.(not much) or we figured out that you can loosen the motor mounts and push the motor oveer about 1/2in which is just enough.....that is also with a gt35r turbo though.... good luck though</TD></TR></TABLE>

What whp did you achieved in the end? You have to mod the fender wall/push motor to get the turbo in? Are you kidding? If this is the case I will be staying well away. As much as I want to go Full-Race and trying not to find any negatives on their turbo kit, the new batt relocation doesn't quite look right and is also more work..