Notices

RSX-S turbo = wtf?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2002, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RSX-S turbo = wtf?

Check this out,

I have a friend who owns an RSX-S, currently running 125 shot on his car (stock, cai intake) he wants to go the turbo route... so he starts looking into the kit Cybernation Motorsports here in Ft Laud is making, apparently they ran 15 PSI on stock internals and he said he was going to do the same. I couldn't believe it.

So we went to Cybernation, car was set at 8 PSI and he took a ride.. when they came back I asked why it wasn't set at the supposed 15 PSI it could handle.. They pumped it up to 15 and did about 4-5 runs in the car... shut me up

I still stand firm that those rods will bend, and any car with proper tuning could hold that boost for some stretches - the RSX was impressive. The whole arguement started because he was saying the RSX is superior to the Integra in every way and that he doesn't have to dump 4 g's on a rebuild like I do to get 300 hp. /shrug
Old 11-24-2002, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RSX-S turbo = wtf? (Alex)

I know Cybernation.

I am from Lauderdale, and know them well. They blow motors on a routine basis, but don't usually care. The leader of that whole pack ("Ruthless") has a quick Integra that used to boost 15psi on a stock LS/VTEC longblock...

Tell your friend to install a kit and run 15 psi daily... then when it blows, tell him whats up. It's nothing against Ruthless and their tuning, it's just physics.
Old 11-24-2002, 12:42 PM
Def
Honda-Tech Member

Your engine might last a few months, or even a year, but I'd say running that close to the ragged edge will make sure a rebuild is in your future.

Stock internals are pretty strong, but any detonation will probably crank ringlandings pretty quickly.
Old 11-24-2002, 01:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sure the RSX is an improvement on the Integra... but damn, why be so arrogant about it? In 5-8 years they will replace the RSX with an improved version.

I don't wish blown motors on anybody, but arrogant people deserve it so they can get knocked down a notch.
Old 11-24-2002, 02:14 PM

Default Re: RSX-S turbo = wtf? (xThexHeadx)

id like to see some dyno numbers on that baby...
Old 11-24-2002, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RSX-S turbo = wtf? (HybridKOOP)

I know Cybernation.

I am from Lauderdale, and know them well. They blow motors on a routine basis, but don't usually care. The leader of that whole pack ("Ruthless") has a quick Integra that used to boost 15psi on a stock LS/VTEC longblock...

Tell your friend to install a kit and run 15 psi daily... then when it blows, tell him whats up. It's nothing against Ruthless and their tuning, it's just physics.
---------------------------------------------------

Hey koop,

Ever dealt with Pacific Performance? Is Cybernation any good as far as customer service etc? How has your experience been with them, I was gonna pass by it but I haven't had a chance to.