Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rotrex Super charger on Ep3

What do you think.
http://www.supercharger-experi...r.php
Old 12-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rotrex Super charger on Ep3 (EP3FAMILY)

The Rotrex supercharger is bad ***. We are doing some R&D with them and their blower use turbo compressor wheels. The larger blowers are only good for about 550 whp, we are helping take it to the next level.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Rotrex Super charger on Ep3 (turbodano)

I think...I'd like to see the full dyno graph, not just the peak numbers.

The Rotrex is just a cetrifugal SC with a better comp wheel and a special gearbox that more or less freewheels when not under load. I think the design of the gearbox is cool, but until they use a CVT gearbox on that type of a blower, I'll stick to a turbo. I don't deny they are great for higher compression motors that have peak torque really early, as they have enough ***** down low to make up for the low boost. Hondas usually don't.

I do like the fact they added an intercooler. It would also help make it more of a sleeper, in the fact the <U>scoop</U> would be seen as non-functional STi-imitation rice.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rotrex Super charger on Ep3 (HiProfile)

Just so you know, every think you said is innacurate, Now Im not hating on you just stating the truth.
1.I think...I'd like to see the full dyno graph, not just the peak numbers.
[B]you say that like the number are not going to be impressive, did you look at vehicle applications, it has to perform.B]
2.The Rotrex is just a cetrifugal SC with a better comp wheel and a special gearbox that more or less freewheels when not under load.
Wrong again buddy, it does not have a gear box, and it does not free wheel like the old rots style you are thinking of.
3.but until they use a CVT gearbox on that type of a blower.
That acutaully can be done but it would cost about $12,000 and that number is actual not an estimate.
4.I don't deny they are great for higher compression motors that have peak torque really early.
Again dog, wrong-they actually work better on lower compression motors and they do not peak as early as you probably think.
5.peak torque really early, as they have enough ***** down low to make up for the low boost. Hondas usually don't.
I could be mistaking on this quote but Im assuming you are saying Honda's dont have low end torque.
The D-B motors probably dont but K-series sure do, and the rotrex is only coming out for the k, so again wrong.

Old 12-11-2007, 10:33 PM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If i saw an EP3 w/ that scoop, i'd laugh...seeing as its functional, i can't complain
Old 12-12-2007, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Rotrex Super charger on Ep3 (EP3FAMILY)

It's a centrifugal blower with a compact friction drive system, vice belt or gear driven drive systems like other units. It performs like other centrifugal SC's, which have been available for years.

There is a 2-speed drive system for it that looks interesting, but it's relatively new. It provides a 1.4x overdrive at lower RPM that would help make more low-end power.

http://www.w2wpowertrain.com/t....aspx

Old 12-12-2007, 08:32 AM

That is a sweet set up. I would love to know what it would do for the fit.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:06 AM

The only similarity it has to the old centrifugl s/c is that it is belt driven. The planetary rollers is actually a better design the the traditional mechanical gears that vortech and other centrifugal s/c use. It takes less power to spin the rotrex super because of its design. It isnt a super improvement but it definatelys is a better way of doing things. And there are plenty of different 3rd party gear driven transmissions out there to maximize the rotrex s/c potential. The gear 1.4x design from wheel2wheel .. go google SUPERGEN supercharger. its a electric transmission gear box hook up with a rotrex supercharger, in theory it suppose to be way better then the 1.4x gear design.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (209_k20a3)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 209_k20a3 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The only similarity it has to the old centrifugl s/c is that it is belt driven. </TD></TR></TABLE>

How about the entire compressor side of the Rotrex, which is identical to the old centrifugal SC's.

I didn't mention the SuperGen drive because you can't buy it, prototype and OE units only. If it is ever available to the aftermarket and the price is reasonable, then it may be worth investigating.

Old 01-13-2008, 03:44 PM

My question is where the hell can I pick one of these kits up??? I need one for my k20a2!!
Old 01-13-2008, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hatchorama)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hatchorama &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My question is where the hell can I pick one of these kits up??? I need one for my k20a2!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

probably will never happen
Old 01-13-2008, 04:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hatchorama)

Jackson Racing says they have a kit in development.

http://www.jacksonracing.com/production.htm