Notices

Revhard Turbo install help please!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2001, 10:57 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Revhard Turbo install help please!

Ok, I've put the turbo manifold on, and I'm at the point where
I need to approximate where I need to weld the oil return to
the oil pan:

The downpipe is obviously between that oil drainage pipe and the oil reservoir, and I am provided with 1) a 3 inch 1"dia tube to weld on the oil pan and 2) 10" long rubber hose. Do I go under, over? I thought the return was to be drilled in the center of the reservoir? Ideas?

2nd picture: What is this I'm pointing to, and is it ok for it to be
this close to the turbo?

3rd picture: AC lines are REALLY cramped.. Suggestions on
relocating them? is it ok to bend these radically? Should I just get a VERY slim radiator fan and give it clearance that way?

Thanks for your help!
Old 09-25-2001, 04:52 AM
New User

Default Re: Revhard Turbo install help please! (echo999)

i welded a metal pipe with a slight bend into the shallow end of the oil pan right by the turbo, then i used a very short peice of hose from the turbo to the oil pan...... worked great for me..... sorry i have no pics tho
Old 09-25-2001, 05:17 AM
New User

Default Re: Revhard Turbo install help please! (echo999)

First picture: No matter which way you route it (I would suggest the straightest path to the pan) make sure you heat sheild the hose.

Second picture: That is the bleeder screw for your hydraulic clutch slave cylinder. As long as you can get a flare wrench on it and a tube for bleeding, you should be fine.

Third picture: Don't bend more than a few degrees. If you want to spend on a new fan go for it, but it shouldn't be necessary.

Remember, the only thing getting oil from the turbo to the pan is gravity. Any flat areas or tight bends should be avoided.

Randy
Old 09-25-2001, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Revhard Turbo install help please! (RGAZ)

Remember, the only thing getting oil from the turbo to the pan is gravity. Any flat areas or tight bends should be avoided.
I dont really agree with this. Since there is high pressure oil feeding the turbo, roughly 80 psi under normal driving. Wouldn't inturn there be pressure leaving the turbo through the oil dump tube. You are right about not making sharp bends though.
Old 09-26-2001, 07:58 PM
New User

Default Re: Revhard Turbo install help please! (93LSivic)

I'm liking the looks of your turbo... I just started saving for mine! Please post some more pics if you get time, and how hard has it been to install yourself? Thanks and good luck!

PS- I'm thinking there should be enough oil pressure to the turbo as long as you don't have sharp bends, or more bends than necessary. Good Luck!
Old 09-26-2001, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Revhard Turbo install help please! (93LSivic)

I dont really agree with this. Since there is high pressure oil feeding the turbo, roughly 80 psi under normal driving. Wouldn't inturn there be pressure leaving the turbo through the oil dump tube. You are right about not making sharp bends though.
The oil line is under pressure... which means that there is no pressure after the turbo. Not all that much oil goes through the turbo, just enough to keep the bearings lubricated.

Dustin