Notices

rev hard turbos

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2002, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rev hard turbos

im still new to the turbo. i plan on swapping a LS engine into my civic and turbocharging it. which turbo kit should i get. rev hard has a stage 2c and a stage 3 turbo. i wanna go with the stage 3 but it says track and the stage 2 c is street and track. which kit is better to go wit and have good HP gain. i also want it street legal. it'll be my daily driven car. any other turbo kits that people experienced that produced good numbers that people prefer. i'm willing to take som suggestions from ppl.
Old 06-21-2002, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: rev hard turbos (CoolKat)

im not too familiar with revhard, but i am with drag. drag is a great kit, quality craftsman ship and produces great hp gains and is great for a daily driver in my opinion. another way to go is building your own turbo kit or piecing one together, just make sure you get everything you need and dont take any short cuts. fmax also has a pretty good turbo kit out there, but im not too familiar with this set up either.
Old 06-21-2002, 09:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: rev hard turbos (GudeH23a)

Rev hard stage 2 (not even c) is a damn good kit, its what I have.... granted you don't get a few things like the drag:

1. Intake piping
2. Bling chrome IC piping
3. some other stuff I probably left out

But it does come with a nice fat t3/t04e turbo... imo I like this one more then the t3/t04b the fmax my friends came with and I could be wrong I think that turbo is pretty standard on some drag kits and you would have to upgrade to the turbo I have... anyway I'm happy this kit was used for a few thousand miles and I bought it used, turbo is water cooled, intercooler is pretty, ditched the delta for a tial (most kits except fmax I believe come with a delta wastegate). Anyway I drive an automatic integra, totaly dialy driver and the car packs a MASSIVE wallop on only 6psi when she hits the magic 3,500 and hits max around 4000-4200rpms..... Don't even bother basing anything on my tracks times, remember I'm auto and there are other reasons for it to be crappy which I don't feel like explaining...

anyway hope that helped somewhat.