Notices

Turbo Question --> Confirm or Correct me

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 02:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Question --> Confirm or Correct me

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right section, but I really need someone to help me with this.

I am kind of new to modifying cars, but I have been learning about it for some time now and there are some questions I want to ask about the Turbo Kit Stages.

I have been trying to find information over google and other forums and from what I have been reading, the different stages for turbo kits determines the power you want to achieve, so a stage 1 kit is street driving, stage 2 is more for street driving and drag racing and etc. Is what I am saying correct or is it all wrong? If it is wrong, can anyone please tell me what the stages of a turbo kit really determines or really is. Plus can anyone tell me more information about the different stages of a turbo kit if I am on the right track.

Also, I was wondering if you were to put for example a stage 2 turbo kit, would you have to instal parts from the stage 1 turbo kit or do you go straight away and instal a stage 2 turbo kit just as you would with a stage 1 turbo kit?

Thnx a lot for any information and sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm really curious about this!!
Old 12-12-2004, 04:33 AM

Default Re: Turbo Question --> Confirm or Correct me (LearningNewb)

Stages of turbo kits are just names manufacturers give to their different kits to distinguish them from their other kits. I believe Full Race has stages of kits for example. Turbo kit stages is not like an industry standard. I could call a t3/t67 a stage one kit if I wanted to.
Old 12-12-2004, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Turbo Question --> Confirm or Correct me (hoggy)

yup, they have nothing to do with anything, really. I tell anyone that asks that mine is a stage 12. I get a lot of looks.
Old 12-12-2004, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Turbo Question --> Confirm or Correct me (LearningNewb)

IMO our right about the power achievment but hell there are people who drive 10 and 11 second drag cars on the street for instance the red inline pro integra out of VA at one point that was his daily driver
Old 12-12-2004, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Turbo Question --> Confirm or Correct me (hoggy)

Woah!! And all along I've been thinking that you have to go through like each stage to get to the next stage or something. So, I take it that things like camshaft stages are the same thing.

Thanks a lot guys for you help!! You've been awesome!