Notices

removed old ecu's sensor and idle went high??? help

Old 05-17-2007, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default removed old ecu's sensor and idle went high??? help

i had a piggyback greddy ecu on my 99 gsr and i recently replaced it with an obd1 ecu and retuned it. Everything was working fine but when i got home and removed all the wires from the old ecu i removed the boost sensor from the greddy ecu which was connected with a "T" coming from the vaccum source to the blow off valve and into the sensor.

then my idle went crazy, it sits at 1500 at idle and whenever it wants it goes down to 1k like normal. no leaks or anything. my blow off valve is connected to my vaccum manifold. any suggestions???

thanks
Old 05-17-2007, 09:53 PM
New User

Default Re: removed old ecu's sensor and idle went high??? help (jorge59la)

No leaks? Sounds like a vacuum leak to me

Is it surging actually? Maybe your IAC Valve?
Old 05-17-2007, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: removed old ecu's sensor and idle went high??? help (Boostfed.com)

no leaks, i even sprayed every connection and hose with some carb cleaner and nothing. if it was a leak i would always have a high idle, but i dont. someone said timing might of changed. they did check timing at tuning shop, but can an unused sensor mess with that?
Old 05-17-2007, 10:03 PM
New User

Default Re: removed old ecu's sensor and idle went high??? help (jorge59la)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jorge59la &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no leaks, i even sprayed every connection and hose with some carb cleaner and nothing. if it was a leak i would always have a high idle, but i dont. someone said timing might of changed. they did check timing at tuning shop, but can an unused sensor mess with that?</TD></TR></TABLE>

What engine management now? Could be in the tune or the IAC control, idle control, etc etc . Happens alot tune is great TILL you get it up the street driving a few miles and then the stupid stuff comes up. Check it tomorrow and have your tuner go out with you while it is idling high and dropping BUT keep in mind the idle is always higher until the car is up to operating temp at that point the idle settles to where it is supposed to be so... And what SENSOR do you keep referring to?
Old 05-17-2007, 10:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: removed old ecu's sensor and idle went high??? help (Boostfed.com)

im tuned with Crome on a p28 obd1 ecu. i can check all that out but what i dont understand is why idle when crazy after re-routing vacuum to blow-off valve.

the sensor is the one that makes the greddy piggyback read boost! the sensor was connected to the blow off valve and the ecu
Old 05-17-2007, 10:32 PM
New User

Have you tried to run the line from your BOV directly to the intake manifold? Give it it's own vacuum source. What BOV is it?
Old 05-17-2007, 11:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boostfed.com)

i have the same problem.......if you find a cure for it.........tell me....
Old 05-18-2007, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (avotegra)

its the hks ss blow off valve! i will try to run it from the manifold...
Old 05-18-2007, 04:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (jorge59la)

Maybe you just have to reset your idle. Pull the ecu for a few mins to reset it, start the car, let it get warm (fan comes on), disconnect the plug on the IACV, adjust the idle screw till it idles at 400rpm, reconnect the IACV plug, then it should idle fine. Now this assumes your Battery Injector Offset values are set properly in Crome, and that you don't have any other vacuum leaks.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HiProfile)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HiProfile &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Maybe you just have to reset your idle. Pull the ecu for a few mins to reset it, start the car, let it get warm (fan comes on), disconnect the plug on the IACV, adjust the idle screw till it idles at 400rpm, reconnect the IACV plug, then it should idle fine. Now this assumes your Battery Injector Offset values are set properly in Crome, and that you don't have any other vacuum leaks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

cool, if running bov straight from manifold doesn't work then i will do that, thanks!