Pistons
Rods
Gt30 turbo
Id injectors 2000 cc
Depending on ems going to be cop
Trans built by syncro tech
Skunk 2 ultra manifold
On e85

Those are the important parts what ems should i go with?
Old 09-11-2015, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: Recommend me an ems

Are you tuning it?
Old 09-11-2015, 09:28 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Recommend me an ems

Yes
Old 09-11-2015, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you not the one always bashing Hondata S300 and recommending AEM?
Old 09-11-2015, 12:14 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Just looking for others opinions
Old 09-11-2015, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You already have aem and know how to use so why don't you just stick with that.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:49 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by boosted94gsr
You already have aem and know how to use so why don't you just stick with that.
Sold it

Looking for alternatives
Old 09-11-2015, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 365 Likes on 271 Posts

Motec M400 call it a day.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Obviously I prefer Neptune rtp with the demon. User friendly, works like it should, great customer service, less expensive then other options. Only down side is I don't think it supports cop.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AZ_CIVIC
Wow I had never looked at the MOTEC stuff before.........$$$$$$Damn$$$$$$$
Old 09-11-2015, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 365 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Dark_Teg
Wow I had never looked at the MOTEC stuff before.........$$$$$$Damn$$$$$$$
Yep, $8000 give or take, M800 or M880 will be even more LOL.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:34 PM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

https://honda-tech.com/engine-manage.../#post50526419
Old 09-11-2015, 04:32 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Megasquirt 3 Pro.

I'm a big fan but DIY Autotune is local to me and friends work there so I might be biased.

It's super affordable and has more features and flexibility than 99% of EMS options out there aside from the high end MoTec and Pectel options. It walks all over AEM and their ECUs, friends who moved from Haltech to the MS3pro absolutely love it compared to their old setup.

The best part is one price gets you every feature. No having to pay extra to unlock advanced features and it can do everything from flex fuel to water/methanol injection control, rally and drag style anti lag (including bypass anti lag), 2 step and 3 step, plus it has it's own CANbus network that's entirely user configurable so you can run a nearly unlimited amount of I/O not to mention the ecu itself has tons of user configurable I/O. It can do anything you've ever wanted from a standalone and more.

I plan on running it on the civic, my S13 coupe, the S13 hatch I'm building, and a couple oter builds I'm trying to pick up. Only reason I'm using an AEM EMS on the accord is because I literally got it for free and I don't need very many advanced features for this particular setup.
Old 09-11-2015, 04:33 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

MS3-Pro: Engine Management System — Professional Engine & Powertrain Control
Old 09-11-2015, 04:50 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

One of the features I find most beneficial, especially on distributor based Honda engines, is that the MS3Pro has 8 logic level ignition outputs built into the board. So it can control up to 8 5 wire ignition coils directly off the ecu. No extra bullshit is needed.
Old 09-11-2015, 05:40 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by wantboost
Megasquirt 3 Pro.

I'm a big fan but DIY Autotune is local to me and friends work there so I might be biased.

It's super affordable and has more features and flexibility than 99% of EMS options out there aside from the high end MoTec and Pectel options. It walks all over AEM and their ECUs, friends who moved from Haltech to the MS3pro absolutely love it compared to their old setup.

The best part is one price gets you every feature. No having to pay extra to unlock advanced features and it can do everything from flex fuel to water/methanol injection control, rally and drag style anti lag (including bypass anti lag), 2 step and 3 step, plus it has it's own CANbus network that's entirely user configurable so you can run a nearly unlimited amount of I/O not to mention the ecu itself has tons of user configurable I/O. It can do anything you've ever wanted from a standalone and more.

I plan on running it on the civic, my S13 coupe, the S13 hatch I'm building, and a couple oter builds I'm trying to pick up. Only reason I'm using an AEM EMS on the accord is because I literally got it for free and I don't need very many advanced features for this particular setup.
Exactly the info i was looking for thanks

I think its important to discuss this stuff here. The forums are dead anyway
Old 09-11-2015, 05:42 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by AZ_CIVIC
I looked into it why is there only one afr input? Or can you use other designated inputs for afr?
Old 09-11-2015, 05:55 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Anything else out there? How user friendly is the ms3 wantboost?
Old 09-11-2015, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I used megasquirt to hep a buddy tune his turbo lt1 blazer and it had some nice features. Only downside was he had to run 2 different programs one for datalogging and one for changing the tune. The autotune feature seemed nice
Old 09-11-2015, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

I believe it comes down to what the tuner themselves are comfortable and experienced with when tuning. So if your familiar with the AEM ems then find a used one and go with that imo.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

best of the best. ProEFI 128 box. I got one for sale, $1800.
Old 09-11-2015, 11:34 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Originally Posted by turbohatch96y7
Anything else out there? How user friendly is the ms3 wantboost?
Very user friendly. It uses TunerStudioMS as it's software and it's very refined, personally I think it puts AEMs software to shame. Another cool feature for those who autocross or do time attack/track days is the ecu supports an external GPS antenna input and an accelerometer input so you can see gforces, corner speeds, etc. Plus individual cylinder spark and fuel trim, individual cylinder EGT correction, plus with the CANbus system you can run up to 16 EGT probes or anything else that runs on CANbus including race dashes, keypads, etc. You can even configure the CANbus system to use AEMs individual cylinder wideband module (which is the best way to do this since backpressure skews o2 readings and the AEM unit is backpressure compensated), on board memory for datalogging plus a microsd expansion slot for more datalogging memory, basically any feature you could ever want including automatic tuning.

The other cool part is Tuner Studio MS has a user configurable digital dash. Unlike other software where the dash lags it doesn't with TunerStudio, it's seamless. You can design a dash anyway you want and can have multiple pages to move through with the push of a button. This is why with the setups of mine that will use this EMS I'm ditching the OEM gauge cluster and will be running an onboard CarPC and LED touchscreen monitors in place of the OEM instruments and any extra gauges I might need. This way I can eliminate every numerous external gauges I might need and can have a dash setup for every situation... Street use, track use, datalogging/tuning, etc all by pushing a button.

Go to the link I posted, click on the universal MS3Pro (which comes with an 8ft flyin lead wiring harness), click on expand all features, and expect to be blown away. They really pulled out all of the stops for this unit.

Also, Muckman, this particular version ecu and it's software are nothing like the rudimentary open source Megasquirt setups of old. The software alone rivals or surpasses some of software used on the most high end of standalones. Having used AEMs software, dabbled with Haltechs, HPTuners, and all of the software for Honda ECU based tuning programs it absolutely kills them all and is a far cry from the old Megasquirt software versions.

To give you an idea, a local shop called Zen Motors (you can see the feature of their 2JZ IS300 in this months Super Street) use the MS3Pro on their aforementioned single turbo 2JZ IS300 time attack shop car and they absolutely love it, even more than the other engine management options they've used on shop cars and encountered on customer cars. I've also had the opportunity to play around with one of their demo units and from firsthand use I totally agree.

It's absolutely impossible to find a more complete and user friendly standalone EMS at the price of the MS3Pro and since it is still a Megasquirt ECU you get all of the support from the massive online Megasquirt community which is hard to beat. Any issue or question you have they can answer with ease, either via email/phone directly, the numerous online forums, or the huge Megasquirt group on Facebook.
Old 09-12-2015, 12:10 AM
Arriving somewhere but not here

Tuner studio is about $40 or something isn't it? I have a MS2 that I used on my old turbo which I bought before MS3 was out and it does most things you'd expect of any ecu. I intend on using a MS3 to upgrade the prelude at some point because it has a very old link in it and the maps are just too crappy to expect it to be driveable over the range of boost I use. If I recall the MS3 has enough upgrades to embarrass the **** out of my MS2.

For the DIY guy you can't beat it, if you intend to have someone else tune then you use what they're comfortable with; pretty much simple as that. In the old racecar I used the MS2 in I had a busted up laptop so I pulled the entire dash out and welded a bracket then just had the laptop screen for gauges, nailedit.jpg.
Old 09-12-2015, 12:22 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

The new TunerStudio to work with the MS3Pro has virtually the same interface and maps as a Series 2 EMS, Infinity, etc. Granted the Pro has a larger number of tables if you get into the advanced features like VE tuning, auto tuning, the numerous correction and fail safe maps, map blending, dual fuel/flex fuel, etc.

Where it gets more complicated is with tuning the things like 2 step/3 step, anti lag, traction control, VVT, the various boost control strategies, and things of that nature but typically a tuner won't mess with most of those to begin with unless you're paying extra above the usual single or flex fuel ignition/fuel/boost control tuning.

Another one of my favorite features is a particular method of traction control. It will monitor individual wheel speed and it has a table you can set where 0-5VDC on the input dictates how much or how little from 0%-100% traction control intervenes using a dial mounted on either the dash or steering wheel. So instead of having one preset level of traction control on a tune you have real time infinite control of how aggressive it is. Basically full blown race car **** like IndyCar, BTCV, V8 Supercars, F1, etc. As far as I know no other EMS aside from the high end MoTeC and Pectel EMS have this particular method of traction control.

Once you start digging through the Pro version of TunerStudioMS the amount of features and how advanced they are is mind boggling. Especially when you consider how cheap it is lol.
Old 09-12-2015, 12:47 AM
Arriving somewhere but not here

I've recommended it before. However locally around here at least a lot of the tuners are hooked up with the ecu they specialize in and push people away from it to sell their product under the guise of "megasquirt is a cheap ecu that isn't as good". There are a few advertising lately that specifically call it out as crappy, so much butthurt.

Quick Reply: Recommend me an ems