Notices

Rebuild B18B for turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rebuild B18B for turbo?

I've been doing alot of reading and searching around and it seems like people are saying to use the ls with a vtec head for turbo?

I am wanting to turbo my integra so...

I'm looking to rebuild my ls.. but I'm just wondering:
What should I focus more on the rebuild?
What should I be getting done to make the car more reliable?
Is the Vtec head worth it?

---|Edit| I should say the car will be a daily driver for at least 6 months.. will be wanting to push as much power as I can out of it... safely so not very much at the beginning

-Looking to tune with Hondata

Any more things you guys can think of..... please post explanations as well

Thanks,

Luke

And yessss I've been searching past threads and reading them.

Modified by Lukesky at 8:14 PM 12/12/2007

Modified by Lukesky at 8:15 PM 12/12/2007
Old 12-12-2007, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Rebuild B18B for turbo? (Lukesky)

What should I focus more on the rebuild? If you are gonna rebuild I would focus on the bottom end, example forged pistons, sleeved block things like that.

What should I be getting done to make the car more reliable? More reliable as in..running or more reliable as in not blowing up? Depending on what power your pushing like I said above forged pistons to lower compression and that are stronger would be nice. Also sleeving your block would be another precaution. If you are pushing big power or just plain paranoid I would look into meth injection its some pretty sick ****.

Most important of all though is ******* TUNE YOUR CAR. I dont know how many times I can say it and I dont know how more I can stress it. If you dont want your **** to blow up tune it, simple as that. Now im not saying with a tune you wont damage anything because it can happen but I am saying if you dont get one your **** WILL blow eventually.

Is the Vtec head worth it? It flows better..thats all I can say I dont know by how much so..I cant really comment on it as I already have a vtec engine...

Edit: I forgot to mention if your not pushing high power then none of this really applys to you just do a compression test and leakdown and see if something is wrong , if there is fix it then your good to go. As long as you have a tune of course.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: Rebuild B18B for turbo? (TehGhett0P1mp)

you will have to get cams and other bolt ons to get that ls head to flow like the vtec heads up top in the rpm range.

as far as building your block, 1000 bucks should very comfortably get you pistons, connecting rods and headstuds. people make 500+hp on stock sleeve piston and rod motors so you should be good to go with that
Old 01-11-2008, 11:54 AM

Default Re: Rebuild B18B for turbo? (blackeg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blackeg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you will have to get cams and other bolt ons to get that ls head to flow like the vtec heads up top in the rpm range.

as far as building your block, 1000 bucks should very comfortably get you pistons, connecting rods and headstuds. people make 500+hp on stock sleeve piston and rod motors so you should be good to go with that</TD></TR></TABLE>

As far as that 1000 dollars.. where would I be buying the parts at for that price?