Notices

really need a direction to go with overheatting problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default really need a direction to go with overheatting problem

so heres my issue i have a stock sleeved ls vtect that i m having over heatting issues with it has rods n piston plus the block was bored 10. it has an older inline pro block gaurd with a cometic high boost head gasket. i also have a koyo half sized rad in it. i threw in an autometer temp guage put the sender in the bleed screw from the top rad hose after the car has been runing for bout twenty mins i have a very srong coolant oder. When i m just curzing down the high way slowly but sure u c the autometer gauge rise to like 250 it will peg out but the stock gauge is still at normal if the autometer gauge stays there for more then like ten mins or i m sittin in traffic u c the factory gauge start to move like its gonna overheat if i turn the heat on it will drop back to norm n when i get movin n am easy on the gas the autometer gauge will start to drop down. i have put a gate 170 temp therm in it with a mug fan switch i have put 22 psi of press on coolant system n found no leaks if the car sits for bout 30 mins with press tester on it u will c a 10 psi drop but no signs of coolamt the car doesn t smoke nor am i loosing coolant sh t is driving me crazy when i boost car heavy i c no real temp fluctuation i have also used one of those headgaskets smellers to check for combu. leaking in rad but all good. have no idea where to go now besides pull head motor has bout 600 miles since build been having this issue since day one had almost same setup before besides differefnt headgasket n stock bore n had no problems what so ever. any help would be so nice if i left anything out just holla thanks
Old 08-25-2008, 07:47 PM
HELLO,GOOD MORNIN'

Default Re: really need a direction to go with overheatting problem (srt4street)

that seemed like a big run on sentence.

Are you sure your autometer gauge is working properly?

I would advise using a stock fan switch and a stock thermostat.

if your smelling coolant that means it's a leak somewhere in the system usually or it's bubbling out of the reservoir.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:15 AM

Default Re: really need a direction to go with overheatting problem (HybridcivicLS-T)

my bad for the rough explanation n bad grammar but just don t know what to do
the tuner told me to put stock therm n switch in it so i did n seemed the same no really big change in temp i feel were ur comin from bout the leaks but can t find them. should i pull the head n check
Old 08-26-2008, 05:26 AM

Default Re: really need a direction to go with overheatting problem (lsvtecdz)

Learn to spell and type in complete sentences....

As for the coolant, I'd pull the head, get a new headgasket, use copper gasket spray, ARP studs, and torque the head down properly.

As for overheating, if the HG doesn't fix the problem, I'd advise running an additional radiator thats about 10" long by 4" wide, bolted behind the intercooler w/ -6an inlet and outlet to run coolant coming out of the turbo through (assuming you do this) and then back into the head, before the main radiator.