Notices

A real tech question! Multipoint vs. Sequential injection

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2001, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A real tech question! Multipoint vs. Sequential injection

I have a tech question. My tuner thinks I have a multipoint injection. But since, he is not a Japanese car tuner he is wrong. I know now I have sequential injection but didŽnt know it at the time I talked to him. He told me a multipoint injection is a bit better, cause each injector sprays 2 short times into the zylinders. 1st time when the intake valve is closed and the fuel evaporates while cooling down the valve. When the intake valve opens the injectors spray the rest of needed fuel in. It cools down the intake charge a little bit, but the emissions numbers are a bit better with sequential injection.

So when I have sequentiel injection, wouldŽnt it better to use multipoint on our F/I engines?

Why is he thinking I have multiponit? Is it common on 4 bangers?
Old 12-22-2001, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A real tech question! Multipoint vs. Sequential injection (austrian ITR)

It was pretty common on domestic (US) cars. As far as I know, if not all, most Honda's have been using sequential since they first went fuel injected.

Now pretty much everyone uses Sequential. It only gives slightly better power outputs, but it's more emmisions friendly.

Cooling intake valves with fuel, just isn't necessary and it doesn't cool down the intake charge at all, heat has to go somewhere. Multipoint was implemented because it's cheap. You only need a single injector driver to run all 4 injectors. If you plan on using something other than sequential with the Haltech, you should at least go to batch fire.
Old 12-22-2001, 07:05 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: A real tech question! Multipoint vs. Sequential injection (DirtyLude)

Dirty lude is exactly right. Even tho on standalones they give the option of seqential or mutipoint aka bank to bank..

art