Notices

READ THIS.. TUNE??

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default READ THIS.. TUNE??

ok so this dumb *** of a guy i know has a turbo b20.. with pistons and rods... so he say. got the motor with out hte turbo kit and was runnin it in his car.. the motor and ecu are "turbo ready" so he says.. the ecu is allready chipped for a gt35r turbo kit.. well cool guy decides to put a turbo kit on there with a t28 size turbo turbo set up and ebay ****.. intercooler, wastegate. bov.. etc... so what im asking is how long b4 his motor pops form being tuned with such a bigger turbo. bc surly having that much gas and air. and a small turbo cant be good.. like the damn thing dont spool up till 6100 rpm.. bc of the old tune.. let me knwo what u guys think
Old 10-09-2007, 10:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it'll prolly run rich an wash the rings.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DrivinVtec)

yeah thats what i was thinkin or valve seals.. me and some buddie that know him are bettin on how long it will last.. bc he is 21 and first nturbo car so u know that = boost happy.. i give it 2-4 weeks.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (luvmihatch)

valve seals?
Old 10-09-2007, 10:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DrivinVtec)

haha my b.. thinkin of summin else. valve stem seals.. having brains farts sry.. but ima still laugh at him when he blows it up.. who uses ebay **** seriously
Old 10-09-2007, 10:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ive bought over 90% of my **** off ebay
Old 10-09-2007, 10:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

who knows..

hes an idiot for changing such a big part of his setup and not getting another tune...

stupid people and boost shouldnt mix
Old 10-09-2007, 10:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

why would they go?
Old 10-09-2007, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Topdawgg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DrivinVtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ive bought over 90% of my **** off ebay</TD></TR></TABLE>

is it used stuff or the replica. stuff. not being a dick i just dont trust performance parts form ebay.. <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Topdawgg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who knows..

hes an idiot for changing such a big part of his setup and not getting another tune...

stupid people and boost shouldnt mix</TD></TR></TABLE>

he didnt chagne his set up he bought the motor from a guy that had it boosted.. and never turboed it. untill not.. and is ignorant and wont get it tuned... and i agree stupid peeps and boost dont mix.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DrivinVtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why would they go?</TD></TR></TABLE>

im not sayin they would but that motor is gonan be doing all types of **** and i have seen it happen on boosted motors b4 especialy when u are dumping way to much fuel then needed..
Old 10-09-2007, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

his fuel is probably all over the place...... its a ticking time bomb...
I hope his timing wasnt touched...

why people are stubborn about getting a car tuned I will never understand...
Idiots
Old 10-09-2007, 10:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah no ****.. the guy that turboed it did it in a gravel drive way.. i walked up and was like u gotta be kiddin me i have a lift.. but liek u said stuborn people...

and when it blows up and i say told u so..

the guy at a very reputalbe shop 20 mins away charges 250-350 bucks for a tune with life time warrenty.. so yeah go figure.. ill post pics when it lets go.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lifetime guarantee on a tune? thats weird...

but thats not a bad price...

Even if you get a friend with a wideband to see how bad a/f is.... so you know if its really bad. (which I know it is) its better then nothing..

And going from a GT35R to a tiny garbage POS turbo isnt exactly like goin from a 50 trim T3/T4 to a 60 trim t3/t4
Old 10-09-2007, 10:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah he is a really good tuner and he gets all teh buisness bc every one knows him and his work is great..

but yeah the kid is stuborn and a noob hahaha..

and liek he never knew waht the motor was running b4 bc the guy he got it from was sketch as ****.. another reason to get it tuned bc the guy said he tuned it on is lap top while driving down the rd.. so there is no luck for him.. ill def keep u guys posted
Old 10-09-2007, 11:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by luvmihatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah no ****.. the guy that turboed it did it in a gravel drive way.. i walked up and was like u gotta be kiddin me i have a lift.. but liek u said stuborn people...

and when it blows up and i say told u so..

the guy at a very reputalbe shop 20 mins away charges 250-350 bucks for a tune with life time warrenty.. so yeah go figure.. ill post pics when it lets go.</TD></TR></TABLE>

do you guys smell that?
Old 10-10-2007, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by luvmihatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

and liek he never knew waht the motor was running b4 bc the guy he got it from was sketch as ****.. another reason to get it tuned bc the guy said he tuned it on is lap top while driving down the rd.. so there is no luck for him.. ill def keep u guys posted
</TD></TR></TABLE>

whats wrong with that.... its called a street tune, and its what i just described with the wideband
Old 10-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah but im one for gettin a profesinal person do it not osme half *** **** that some one doesnt know what he is doing u knows.. <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DrivinVtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

do you guys smell that? </TD></TR></TABLE>

and u can just go away now.. no body wants ur negative comments... the tuner is the only certified one in the area. so more clients cheaper price = more money for him.. so all i smell is the **** on ur breath
Old 10-10-2007, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

why did u create this thread, i think your just jealous of your buddys SWEET RIDE BABY
Old 10-10-2007, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (welfarepc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by welfarepc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why did u create this thread, i think your just jealous of your buddys SWEET RIDE BABY</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha no i gotta a car plenty nice for me... just wondering how long u FI guys think it will last with the pre tune... jw.. not hating.. jw.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my d15b2 lasted 1 month.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (welfarepc)

damn yeah i gave him 1 month so.. yeah.. we will c ill put up pics when it ***** in the oil pan..
Old 10-10-2007, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

stop hating.... you took your time to make this thread.... your his biggest fan, get a life.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dreadcivicturbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dreadcivicturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">stop hating.... you took your time to make this thread.... your his biggest fan, get a life.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah ok. NOT.

trust me im not hating.. just wondering how long u think it will last.. stop being a ***..
Old 10-11-2007, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by luvmihatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> the tuner is the only certified one in the area. </TD></TR></TABLE>

What does that mean?
Old 10-11-2007, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rorik)

he went out to classes and is certifeied to tune chrome and hondata etc..... and his is a factory trained AEM tuner. other people out here tune but dont have his credentals... understand?? i woudl just want a profesinal tuning my car not some one that taught them self.

Quick Reply: READ THIS.. TUNE??