Notices

Random fuel cut.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Random fuel cut.

Hey guys, i have a d16y7 on 7#s of boost, with dsm injectors, walboro 255, p28 tuned by xenocron and after a recent headgasket change, i had a couple of problems, first being the rotor and cap were the farthest gone i have ever seen, but after that, just idling the cars shuts off after about 5min of running. I reprimed the fuel pump and got it to turn on but only for another 1min.
I then went to the injectors and messed with them a little, and got the car to run for 15min and a short run. Only took it to 4500rpms and 4#s of boost, and fuel cut in and out about twice.
When i did the headgasket i messed around with the injectors, cuz it seemed they werent in the bushing in the manifold all the way. After doing this the top bushing of the injectors to the fuel rail were smushed down like a pancake. Also the injectors had some carbon buildup on them, so i cleaned them with a rag. Is it possible that the injectors could protrude too far into the fuel rail? Maybe ill try to tweak the injectors and rail back the way it was. Or should i get another walboro?
Im wondering if i should check the efi relay, pump relay, fuses and other bs electronic stuff, but i would assume if those were screwed i would through a cel.

Yeah, i just need some advice...
Old 01-27-2011, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Random fuel cut.

check all your wiring that you messed with when pulling the head, i know my tuning system will cut fuel if the wiring to the coolant temp sensor has an open, or is shorted, i would check all your wiring connectors, and butt connectors if you have them go through and solder them.