Notices

Quick Question

Old 07-10-2006, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Question

Would it be safe to start my car, just to see if it will run when I have the stock injectors in it and its chipped for RC 440s?
Old 07-10-2006, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Quick Question (Hawks-At-Angels-12)

If you're asking will you blow anything up....No. Will it start? Maybe. Is there any reason too? Most likely NOT!

If you really have to you can short pin J1 on the ECU to return to the stock program even if you have a "chipped" program (assuming OBDI)
Old 07-12-2006, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Quick Question (adseguy)

Would anything "blow up" if I drive it like it?
Old 07-12-2006, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

a chip for 440s will pulse about half the fuel required to run the engine with 240s in it.

the negine will run super dangerously lean.

dont start it without the proper injectors.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:12 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hawks-At-Angels-12 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Would anything "blow up" if I drive it like it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

You probably wouldn't be able to drive it anywhere as the car may stutter/stall. Why are you doing this the hard way? Did you read what the simple way is to run PERFECTLY FINE.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nickromeo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">a chip for 440s will pulse about half the fuel required to run the engine with 240s in it.

the negine will run super dangerously lean.

dont start it without the proper injectors.</TD></TR></TABLE>

True you'll run lean but as long as you stay out of the throttle you won't damage anything since it'll be SOOOOO lean you'll just lean misfire. I tune my highway cruising extrmely lean to the point where it stutters then I add just a tad of fuel....41mpg....perfect engine
Old 07-12-2006, 04:56 PM

The thing is my injectors are yet to arrive and I need to see if the car is going to run etc... The engine was takin out and rebuilt and we need to check if everythings hooked up right and all that jazz. My friend has a OBX fmu thats 12:1 Would I be able to use this untill I do get the injectors? Even with the car being chipped for the injectors? Im not trying to be a moron.. im just new to this. haha
Old 07-12-2006, 05:31 PM

I'll be nice cause you're saying your new. A rebuilt engine MUST be broken in on the correct ignition and AFR. The first 20seconds are probably the most CRITICAL, so don't turn on your car until everything is ready. Do not turn on your car until it gets to a tuner....PERIOD

It's your car though do what you want

/thread
Old 07-12-2006, 05:45 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by adseguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'll be nice cause you're saying your new. A rebuilt engine MUST be broken in on the correct ignition and AFR. The first 20seconds are probably the most CRITICAL, so don't turn on your car until everything is ready. Do not turn on your car until it gets to a tuner....PERIOD

It's your car though do what you want

/thread</TD></TR></TABLE>

Tuner = Not in the craphole I live in. Unless I tow it 2 houres to a ferry, hop on that for 7 hours, and then drive another 7 hours. Then I may have the chance of finding one. I have my computer chipped with Chrome, the guy who did it said its just to get the car up and running and able to be driven untill I can get a chance to get it tuned. Just trying to do the best with what I have at my disposal. But thank you for the help.