Notices

questions related to turbocharging

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2002, 12:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default questions related to turbocharging

i tried searching but got different reactions to these.
first, where exactly is the right place to tap a coolant line for my turbo? some people say from the coolant line going to the T/B while others say it should be somewhere where the heater or heater core is and i'm confused.

if i tap it from the t/b, won't the coolant be too hot for the t/b since the input to the t/b will be place on the coolant inlet of the turbo and the outlet from the turbo will go to the input of the t/b, in short, the turbo will be in series. will this work? or will it be bad for the t/b as hot coolant from the turbo will enter the t/b? please, no coolant bypass.

if i tap it from the heater or heater core (i'm not sure), will the coolant flow through the turbo even if the heater is not in use since i never use the heater?

lastly, since i'm going with custom turbo rather than a kit, i'll be fabricating a down pipe. my questions are, since i'm collecting the components piece by piece that means i can't put in the turbo yet, is it possible to have someone made the down pipe already or should i leave the car to the one making the down pipe. the reason i ask is because i can't afford to leave my car there as i used it everyday, and i like to know these stuff so to avoid getting ripped off as well.

hope you guys can give me some advice to these. thanks.
Old 09-03-2002, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: questions related to turbocharging (_Endless_)

anyone???