Notices

A question for everyone in FI.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2003, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A question for everyone in FI.

In the past year I have seen FI folks drop like flys, myself included. Most of the posts I see are either, "I'm too old" or "I'm tired of the worries." I started boosting when I was 23 and quite about 6 months ago. Now at 25 I'm ready to make a comeback.

So I'm curious:

How old are you and do you feel "too old" to be driving a boosted honda?

Cheers,
Marc
Old 04-27-2003, 06:38 PM

Default Re: A question for everyone in FI. (turbocoupe)

Too old: dear god, I hope not!

At this point, I can't imangine ever owning an N/A car again... it just wouldn't feel... right
Old 04-27-2003, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A question for everyone in FI. (johnisenglish)

I'm 27. You should only feel embarrassed if you have altezzas, IMO.

I had a 50yo guy walk across the crosswalk in front of my car two days ago, grin at me, and ask me if I had a B18 because "your engine doesn't sound like a D-series." It made me grin to think an "old man" knew what was up.
Old 04-27-2003, 07:22 PM

Default Re: A question for everyone in FI. (J. Davis)

I'm 19 and I love driving my FI civic.

As I get older, the new and more powerful FI hondas i plan on building will become more of a toy than daily driver though, (assuming i don't f-up in college and get a good job after).

I don't see myself ever getting too old for boosted civics, they're a fun paradox to be driving around.
Old 04-27-2003, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A question for everyone in FI. (skhonda)

I'm 21...driving boosted since i was 19. Just recently got out of it, just too much money and problems for me to handle right now. Might get back into it a few years later.
Old 04-27-2003, 07:25 PM

Default Re: A question for everyone in FI. (J. Davis)

Uh, 34, and alway catching **** for doing the "hip" thing by having a hopped up rice burner. People at work think I'm crazy.... esp the vette guys.

Somehow the guy with the '73 Nova that runs 10's is cool though.

But I smile at every on-ramp *pshhht* *shift* *sssssssssss psshhht* *smile*

Modified by hybridsol at 10:10 PM 4/28/2003
Old 04-27-2003, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A question for everyone in FI. (hybridsol)

Old 04-27-2003, 08:42 PM

im 22, and i've only been boosted for 2 months. Regardless of how old i get, i could never see myself selling the car unless I had no choice. And remember, the old men that you see at the dragstrip racing their mustangs, they probably thought they were too old driving a mustang when they were 25 . I'm sure it will be the same for us peeps that drive hondas
Old 04-27-2003, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: A question for everyone in FI. (96b18c1vic(T))

Im 20 right now.

First boosted car was my 2001 gsr when I was 18. No my parents did not buy for me, all they did was make the downpayment. I saved money since freshmen year for my dreams of owning a turboed integra.

It was boosted for a week until it got stolen. Right after that, got my 94 gsr, boosted it within a week of buying the car with my insurance check. Boosted hard and redlined every day for exactly 12 months till it blew, and now im in this **** hole.

I dont plan to ever get rid of my integra because I love it so much. The only way we will part is if it get taken from me or totalled. I can never see myself driving an NA car....ever!

The reason I dont think I will outgrow it is because my car looks stock. No body kits, no rims, just stock except a 98-01 front and rear bumper, painted sidesskirts and ITR lip. I just plain old love the way integras look since they first day I saw a Type R.
Old 04-27-2003, 09:54 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hybridsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Uh, 34, and alway catching **** for doing the "hip" thing by having a hopped up rice burner. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Damn dude, i thought i was getting too old

I just turned 24 and most of my friends dont drive Honda's anymore, they're moving on to bigger and more *bling bling* cars. Makes me think when im going to get out of this phase... but the only thing that makes me happy is buying **** for my car and working on it, i think about it 24/7, what mods im gonna do next.

I guess i could never sell my car, just keep it as a trophy

Modified by TurboDANDEE at 1:29 AM 4/28/2003
Old 04-27-2003, 10:01 PM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts

i feel too old for the crowd. i do not show off my car. i don't think its "pimpin" and i dont like getting "props" and i dont hang out at street racing hangouts.

but i love the engineering and tech and physics behind it, and i am very proud of all the work i've done on the car (mostly by myself with tons of people from this forum helping on here and in spirit) and i enjoy taking it for a spin and i love being pushed back into my seat.

so yeah i feel wierd being almost 25 with a car a highschool kid would jizz over owning, but i like the tech **** so i am here.

and some young punk would **** my car up if he owned it so i am not getting rid of it any time soon. its my car, and its set up JUST the way I like it, and i put too many hours in it and too much $$$. oh well its all worth it.

Old 04-28-2003, 12:42 PM

I'm 40. Since a sports car was never my #1 priority, I never spent the money for one until I was in my 30's and had a lot of disposable income. I added my jrsc right before I got married because I new I'd never be able to drop 3K$ on my car at one time again. Since the ITR is paid for I'm sure I'll be driving it for a while. I've still got the desire for more mods, I just have to wait until Christmas or my birthday to do them. I don't do anything for appearance, so it still looks stock. All I work on is the performance.

If I had been driving this car when I was 20 I would have killed myself or blown it up. (see the posts above) So I think it is possible to be "too young" for FI, but never "too old".
Old 04-28-2003, 12:50 PM

Default Re: A question for everyone in FI. (fredtoast)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fredtoast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> So I think it is possible to be "too young" for FI, but never "too old". </TD></TR></TABLE>

Because I can....
Old 04-28-2003, 12:52 PM

26 and feeling fine!
Old 04-28-2003, 12:53 PM

I'm 25 on Thursday and for me to feel to old to be driving a boosted honda is funny. I have been driving boosted cars for a while. Let alone fast cars. I only got into hondas in 1998. I used to be a real RX-7 head all of them 1 gen 2nd gen and 3rd gens. Where I live everyone had a RX-7 and then moved on to honda's. Maybe when I hit 30 I will get a supra
Old 04-28-2003, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A question for everyone in FI. (DBallz)

I'm 23½ and I feel like I'll outgrow my Honda boost addiction in the next 2 years or so. We'll see, either I'll out grow it or I'll build the living **** out of my car at that point
M
Old 04-28-2003, 01:44 PM

Default Re: A question for everyone in FI. (01ITR#700)

Im 22 I dont feel too old I just feel like its too much work for the load of work I already take on. Between work and school I didnt realize when I started what kinda work went along with forced induction. Tell that to the ceo of the company I used to work for he is in his 40's and drives a porshe 911 turbo. If I could do it over again I would do NA a big mother f'n High compression b20 vtec frankenstien in a 93 hatch cx bwuhahahaha.
Old 04-28-2003, 01:51 PM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When you feel "too old" to have fun doing what you love then you should re-evaluate your love for that sport or hobby.

My friends dad is 65 and driving an LSvtec integra and loving every minute of it. His son and friends built the motor for him. How great is that?
Old 04-28-2003, 01:57 PM

Default Re: A question for everyone in FI.

23 yrs..

and I will never own a NA car in my life..

Jeff
Old 04-28-2003, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: A question for everyone in FI. (AbaZ)

I'm 27 and have never felt too old to be driving my car. I love the fact its clean and still gets noticed. I have wanted a brand new white turbo'd GS-R since I first got into imports. My first car was a 90 RS and to see how much I have evolved in cars from there on is amazing.
My next dream car is an Imola Red SMG M3. I have no doubt I'll own one someday. But I'll be keeping the 'teg around until I have the means to afford the M3.
And yeah...I also love the fact that preteen and not so preteen boys love my car.
Old 04-28-2003, 02:30 PM

I'm 25 and I'm looking to get out soon. It's time for a "bling bling" car. I think I'm getting too old to own and drive a turbo honda as a daily driver. I don't think, however, that I could sell my car because it would hurt too much. I spent too much money, time and lost way too much blood to sell my car. I'll probably end up buying another car to drive around and then have my civic for "Fun" drives and offcourse for track events. I wouldn't ever sell my car because if i was driving some other car and then i see a turbo honda pull up to me, I would think about my turbo honda, and then miss it too much.

However, I'm getting sick and tired of being put in the same category as some 18 year old punk who does burn outs at every light.

Old 04-28-2003, 02:56 PM

20 years old

the darkside is lovely, i will never go back...
Old 04-28-2003, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A question for everyone in FI. (fredtoast)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fredtoast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> So I think it is possible to be "too young" for FI, but never "too old". </TD></TR></TABLE>

i'm only 17 and have had my car since i was 15...and just finally saved enough to boost a month ago...i guess people think that i get all my parts from my parents or i represent the "immature" teens around, but thats not who i am...i have a job and pay/save for my own things...and i dont think i'll ever drive an NA car by choice, unless i have to, which i i hope i dont
Old 04-28-2003, 03:40 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hybridsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> But I smile at every on-ramp *pshhht* *shift* *sssssssssss psshhht* *smile*</TD></TR></TABLE>

Amen brother.

Old 04-28-2003, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: A question for everyone in FI. (rpm9100)

My oldest customeris 56 and I built him a Supercharged B18C1 motor in a 96 Civic coupe.
He told me you are never too old to have fun , He did say the " The A/C will still work right?"
I also did a School teachers car, he has a 98 civic, we did a supercharger, header intake , exhaust wheels ect.... He is 50.
If you still enjoy it , do it !!! You are as old as you want to be.

Quick Reply: A question for everyone in FI.