Question bout hi afr's on ls turbo setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question bout hi afr's on ls turbo setup

basically i just got the car from someone on here and the dyno chart and my wide band that i just put in show the car running at 14.0 part throttle AND full throttle all the way to redline(7500) at 6500 it finally gets to 12.2 12.0 where it should be.
my question is can i put a fpr on this sucker since it's pretty much a flat line to 6500 and richen her up a bit??
the car is tuned with uberdata but from what i have just been told the tune that was left in the car is for c16 race gas so it has more timing in it which would explain why the afr's are so high on 93 pump gas.
flaming is welcome but don't expect for me knot to flame back cuz i just found out this stuff, i didn't tune it I SAVED IT!!! by finding this stuff out!!
thanx
Old 01-11-2006, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Question bout hi afr's on ls turbo setup (blowme)

i would get a fuel pressure regualtor and gauge. see where the stock fuel pressure is and then install the adjustable FPR. turn up the fuel by like 5 psi and take a pull down the street. try to get the a/f in the 11.6-11.8:1 for reliability.

open up the .bin file on the ecu and check out what timing the motor is runing.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question bout hi afr's on ls turbo setup (boosted k20)

yea man i would haev already done that if i had all the stuff i need but i just got the car like 2 weeks ago and haven't purchased everything yet, supposedly the tune is for race gas thats why the afr's are high or the egt's are, but im gonna try tonight and see if the adjustable fpr will help the afr's any
right now the furl psi is at 42 at idle so im gonna try bumpin it up to like 47-50 psi and hopefully that will help the afr's, maybe try to put in some 110 cam 2. but i think the guy who tuned the car said fuel is still conservative with the race tune just more aggressice timing like you said.
thanx for the reply!!
Old 01-12-2006, 08:34 AM

Default Re: Question bout hi afr's on ls turbo setup (blowme)

Uhm.. how about you just get it tuned right? At no point in boost should you be above 12.5:1. Most of the time a flat 11.8-12.0 w/ IAT correction is good for lower boost applications (If you don't have IAT correction, make it leaner or richer depending on the weather you're tuning in). If you start messing with a FPR, you're just going to make it worse. Datalog, and post it up and we'll see what we can do for you.
Old 01-12-2006, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question bout hi afr's on ls turbo setup (ccivic)

I disagree.If u dont see any detonation from pump gas then ur good.If u want ur AFR's down a lil then go along as u planned.Aslong if u have ur wideband at all times, then u will be all right.

Make sure the engine is not detonating.If u dotn know what to look for when looking for detonation, search this site and ull be an expert.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question bout hi afr's on ls turbo setup (93supercoupe)

i also agree with that, the car shows NO signs of detonation at all
i did a full 3rd gear pull and shut her down at redline and the plugs look good so i and gonna try the fpr for this week until the tune gets here.
i have been doing turbo for 2yrs now just never stand alone so this is alittle new to me
but the car has already been tuned just waiting for the guy to send it back to me and the tune thats on the car now like i said is for c16 for whatever reason so i could put that in the car and blast the **** out of er just don't wanna put c16 in when it doesn't need it and it's expensive as hell.
ill let you guys know what happens tonight with the fpr
thanx for the replies guys!!
Old 01-12-2006, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Question bout hi afr's on ls turbo setup (93supercoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93supercoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I disagree.If u dont see any detonation from pump gas then ur good.If u want ur AFR's down a lil then go along as u planned.Aslong if u have ur wideband at all times, then u will be all right.

Make sure the engine is not detonating.If u dotn know what to look for when looking for detonation, search this site and ull be an expert.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You're retarded. This has nothing to do with anything!!! Learn your **** before you tell other people such bullshit. Just because you aren't detonating doesn't mean ****! one of the reasons to run a rich mixture is to lower EGTs. You could have through the roof EGTs and not detonate. FIX IT BEFORE YOU BEAT IT!
Old 01-13-2006, 04:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question bout hi afr's on ls turbo setup (ccivic)

no need to flip out
i understand and agree with you on the detonation part trust me i KNOW that a motor can run good as hell but still pop or melt a piston at any time and i KNOW my egts are high as hell i already said that but i have no way to tune the ****** so thats why i posted this to see if somenone had suggestions as how to lower them untill my chip comes like actually putting race gas iln and richening the fpr up WILL lower the egt's.
thats basically what i as asking
can you put and fpr on the thing and richen her up i figured the afrs would drop at least somewhat but apparrently they aren't i tried
so the car now sits untill my other tune comes
Old 01-13-2006, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Didnt read the whole post....

Disable 02 and reburn.