Question about o2 sensors.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about o2 sensors.

Well this weekend I got a new motor from a junkyard to put in my car until my blown motor gets rebuilt. When I took my O2 sensor out of my Downpipe so that I could clean my downpipe my o2 sensor was full of carbon. I mean there was prob like 1/4 inch of carbon on it. I soaked it and cleaned it. Looks like new again. What would all of this carbon have done to my o2 sensor? Would it have made my car run rich b/c it though it was running lean b/c of not getting a true reading? Or would it even have affected anything?
Old 02-03-2003, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question about o2 sensors. (underpressure (wtbimport))

what did you soak the sensor in? You may have destroyed it......but to answer your question, you would probably throw a code and your car would run like ****. I want to say that the ecu would dump a bunch of fuel, but I could be wrong. Someone correct me if I am, but I know for a fact that it will run like crap with a bad o2 sensor because it happened to me.
Old 02-03-2003, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Question about o2 sensors. (genop)

I have an AEM EMS so I do not know if I would throw a code. I soaked it in Part cleaner should be safe for the O2 sensor. I just soaked it like a day ago this is after it was all carboned up