Notices

quad turbo!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quad turbo!

hello I am attempting to design and install a sequential quad turbo setup on my crx. I know this seems very hard but im really smart so i know it can be done. anyways i was gonna cnc some flanges so i can have one small turbo (what kind u think would fit?) run off each exhaust port.. i want to design some typ of vacuum relief boost activation system so when i get on it it opens up all 4 turbos to max boost but at partial throttle it has almost no boost. also for engine management im mapping my own ecu to cut vtec at high boost so as to not decrease the thermal efficiency of my motor. the only thing im worried about is destructive interference created by all four turbos being in such proximity to each other. im afraid the slightest degree of out-of-phaseness will create an oscillation that, with the high output of this setup, could potentially fracture my subframe. did you ever observe a "lissajous figure" on an oscilloscope when sine curves are but 10 degrees out of phase? that is what could potentially happen to frame.. any input is greatly appreciated. also things i havent considered yet is the tensile stress on compressor blades.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:33 AM

Default Re: quad turbo! (crxautox)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crxautox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hello I am attempting to design and install a sequential quad turbo setup on my crx. I know this seems very hard but im really smart so i know it can be done. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You'd think someone who's "really smart" would at least use paragraphs and punctuation to make their post readable. Not only that, but they'd probably realize how cost ineffective this idea is.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:33 AM
Pirate General...YARRRR

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: quad turbo! (Jesterian)

Old 10-30-2005, 11:41 AM

Default Re: quad turbo! (Ace$nyper)

Jesterian, I regret to hear that you cannot interpret my stream of consciousness. And this project is sponsored by a pro race team thanks.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:47 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crxautox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hello I am attempting to design and install a sequential quad turbo setup on my crx. the only thing im worried about is destructive interference created by all four turbos being in such proximity to each other. im afraid the slightest degree of out-of-phaseness will create an oscillation that, with the high output of this setup, could potentially fracture my subframe. did you ever observe a "lissajous figure" on an oscilloscope when sine curves are but 10 degrees out of phase? that is what could potentially happen to frame.. any input is greatly appreciated. also things i havent considered yet is the tensile stress on compressor blades. </TD></TR></TABLE>

The thing I'm worried about is that you think your Mr Wizard or Bill Nye The Science Guy. 4 turbos as said earlier is that 4 turbos is not efficent especialy on a 4cyl.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:47 AM
Pirate General...YARRRR

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crxautox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Jesterian, I regret to hear that you cannot interpret my stream of consciousness. And this project is sponsored by a pro race team thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I didn't know EA games counts but props for that

What "pro race team" even my g/f who can't drive stick laughed at your idea.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

How about eight turbos?

Old 10-30-2005, 11:48 AM

Dude, your stream of consciousness BLOWS.

Nuff said.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:50 AM
Pirate General...YARRRR

Default Re: quad turbo! (hafftrak)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hafftrak &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How about eight turbos?

</TD></TR></TABLE>
thats a cluster expletive of piping
I've seen that its a badass SHOW car key word <U>SHOW</U>
Old 10-30-2005, 11:51 AM

jesterian, your ugly face blows
Old 10-30-2005, 11:53 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ace$nyper &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
What "pro race team" even my g/f who can't drive stick laughed at your idea.</TD></TR></TABLE>
LOL.
If you can fit 4 turbos under an EF hood I would call you smart, but right now I am agreeing with Jesterian
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jesterian &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
You'd think someone who's "really smart" would at least use paragraphs and punctuation to make their post readable. Not only that, but they'd probably realize how cost ineffective this idea is.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I cant belive someone would actually post what you did and then take the time to justify there brains. Hilarious
Old 10-30-2005, 11:53 AM
Pirate General...YARRRR

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crxautox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">jesterian, your ugly face blows</TD></TR></TABLE>
ho hoooo
clever one

rate me too oh turbo wizard

beasting a bitching sandwich
Old 10-30-2005, 11:54 AM

you might want to worrie about <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crxautox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> mapping my own ecu . </TD></TR></TABLE> for
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crxautox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> some typ of vacuum relief boost activation system so when i get on it it opens up all 4 turbos to max boost but at partial throttle it has almost no boost. </TD></TR></TABLE> also!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crxautox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I am attempting to design and install a sequential quad turbo setup on my crx. </TD></TR></TABLE>..........Why not a bi turbo?
Old 10-30-2005, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crxautox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im really smart</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crxautox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">jesterian, your ugly face blows</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 10-30-2005, 11:55 AM

Ace, if you were as smart/good looking as crxautox you'd have come up with a way to fit 4 times as much meat on that sandwich...
Old 10-30-2005, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That looks like a stellar sangwich.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:56 AM
Pirate General...YARRRR

Default Re: (Jesterian)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jesterian &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ace, if you were as smart/good looking as crxautox you'd have come up with a way to fit 4 times as much meat on that sandwich...</TD></TR></TABLE>
LMFAO!!!!

Old 10-30-2005, 11:56 AM

Default Re: (Jesterian)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jesterian &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ace, if you were as smart/good looking as crxautox you'd have come up with a way to fit 4 times as much meat on that sandwich...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Now thats funny
Old 10-30-2005, 11:57 AM

Default Re: quad turbo! (hafftrak)

jesterian dont h8 cuz ur civic std. cant keep up wit my 4 turbs... and put a shirt on ur scarin tha chicks away
Old 10-30-2005, 11:58 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crxautox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">jesterian dont h8 cuz ur civic std. cant keep up wit my 4 turbs... and put a shirt on ur scarin tha chicks away</TD></TR></TABLE>

dont hate.

I vote for this thread to be deleted. Any followers?
Old 10-30-2005, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

edit: i almost inserted a rational thought here.

this project has the same probability of working well as the car in your avatar.

Modified by rsca_crx at 4:14 PM 10/30/2005
Old 10-30-2005, 12:00 PM

Default Re: quad turbo! (rsca_crx)

go to school then maybe u can keep up otherwise dont post
Old 10-30-2005, 12:01 PM
Pirate General...YARRRR

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crxautox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">go to school then maybe u can keep up otherwise dont post</TD></TR></TABLE>
take your own advice

and my advice kill your offspring then yourself
Old 10-30-2005, 12:01 PM

mods: can you please delete this thread.... LOL
Old 10-30-2005, 12:02 PM

thats a bit harsh bud its only a car discussion forum. and why should i kill my offspring ppl like me make the world go round

Quick Reply: quad turbo!