Notices

putting a turbo in the s2k, just some pics of the build!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default putting a turbo in the s2k, just some pics of the build!

have been dreaming about having the time to turbo my car, the parts have been sitting there for almost all summer, lol.

anyways, today i got started! i made my custom manifold. its a mini me top mount design. 4 into1 not log style, and im prob gonna boos like 15-20 psi on it by next summer. but for now i will run around 10 pounds. should be fun

i will post up a few shots of the setup as i go along, and will probable have some more pics up tomorrow night.

anyways, as for the setup, i relocated my battery and turned my fuse box to allow place for the top mount setup. i also had to move over the a/c lines, but i empty out the system before trying to bend anything just to be on the safe side. i was a bit scared about the down pipe but afterall there will be plenty of room for a 3" downpipe! ill post up some pics of that tomorrow. and i used a gt35 turbo to fit everything up, but i might be going for a gt3076r instead!

i already fit the intercooler in the front bumper, but havent got around to the piping yet. im going to pick that up in the morning. im gonna use 18g 316 stainless sanitary piping with polished in and out in 2.5"

anyways, on with the pics

btw, if anyone has a aem ems, or hondata k pro for sale im interested!!!

check back tomorrow night for updates!!!
Old 10-01-2008, 10:59 PM

dude thats sexy nice job
Old 10-02-2008, 12:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: putting a turbo in the s2k, just some pics of the build! (mtlmotorsport)

These pictures should go to the welding/forum as well
Old 10-02-2008, 06:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: putting a turbo in the s2k, just some pics of the build! (Tony the Tiger)

Nice job making your own manifold.

Keep us updated
Old 10-02-2008, 09:21 AM
Pretty-n-Pink

power goals?
Old 10-02-2008, 09:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: putting a turbo in the s2k, just some pics of the build! (mtlmotorsport)

I don't think it's such a good idea to have the compressor housing outlet so close to the manifold. The comp housing is deff. going to absorb a lot of heat from that runner. . .
Old 10-02-2008, 12:09 PM

nice
Old 10-02-2008, 04:17 PM
i HAS questions ?

Default Re: (easy102)

Where are you planning to put a wastegate? Any reason when runners 2 and 3 are so short?
Old 10-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (.dave)

This is going to be a sweet build. Minus the fact that the comp. housing is close to the manifold, that manifold shows some good craftsmanship haha. I know i wouldn't be able to do that...at least not till i get my own welder to practice with. Good luck on this, i'm going to keep an eye on this thread for sure!
Old 10-02-2008, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

good welds. you do realize thats a high comp motor? planning on lowering it?
Old 10-02-2008, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just curious, what material are the s2000 internals made of? just curious considering you want to boost over 10psi...not to mention the compression is pretty high.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: putting a turbo in the s2k, just some pics of the build! (accord_raffi)

Depends on the tuner but u chould do 12psi on this forged internal from factory motor.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:13 AM
Pretty-n-Pink

its all in the setup and tune.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:15 AM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: putting a turbo in the s2k, just some pics of the build! (grant97teg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by grant97teg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">good welds. you do realize thats a high comp motor? planning on lowering it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why do so, as long as it is tuned well? Keeps it nice and responsive. As long as he is responsible in his tuning solution as much as his hardware (nice BTW), he should be fine.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: putting a turbo in the s2k, just some pics of the build! (TheShodan)

Nice more pics
Old 10-03-2008, 07:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: putting a turbo in the s2k, just some pics of the build! (Under_Pressure)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Under_Pressure &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Depends on the tuner but u chould do 12psi on this forged internal from factory motor.</TD></TR></TABLE>

So the s2k bottom end is factory forged? i had no idea...i wish the other f series motors had that kind of luxury. But, i doubt anyone over at Honda thought that their family sedans (accord lx) would be turbocharged lolz.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: putting a turbo in the s2k, just some pics of the build! (accord_raffi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by accord_raffi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just curious, what material are the s2000 internals made of? just curious considering you want to boost over 10psi...not to mention the compression is pretty high.</TD></TR></TABLE>

These motors can make 400+whp on stock internals with proper tuning no problem. And assuming the kit is efficient.

So... where's the wastegate going?
Old 10-03-2008, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: putting a turbo in the s2k, just some pics of the build! (PrecisionH23a)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PrecisionH23a &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So... where's the wastegate going?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 10-03-2008, 11:42 PM

Default Re: putting a turbo in the s2k, just some pics of the build! (PrecisionH23a)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PrecisionH23a &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So... where's the wastegate going?</TD></TR></TABLE>

"Ooops! I knew I forgot something!"

lol
Old 10-04-2008, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: putting a turbo in the s2k, just some pics of the build! (Skuce)

he could do something like tony the tiger did and put the wastegate on the i/c or piping?
Old 10-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: putting a turbo in the s2k, just some pics of the build! (philafelman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philafelman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">he could do something like tony the tiger did and put the wastegate on the i/c or piping?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats really only used for 800+whp drag cars, its no longer a wastegate at that point, its more like a bleeder valve. The turbo will be running at maximum capacity the whole time so its not really ideal for a street setup...
Old 10-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PrecisionH23a &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

These motors can make 400+whp on stock internals with proper tuning no problem. And assuming the kit is efficient.

So... where's the wastegate going?</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is true cody from lovefab did it and it spooled up to set boost in an instant.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blinx9900 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thats really only used for 800+whp drag cars, its no longer a wastegate at that point, its more like a bleeder valve. The turbo will be running at maximum capacity the whole time so its not really ideal for a street setup...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Who does that here on there drag car? That can make it go FASTER (over spin) since there isn't any restriction for the turbo to be pumping against.

Diesel cars have a throttle in front of there turbocharger doesn't ''run away'' but diesels also have no throttle body.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: putting a turbo in the s2k, just some pics of the build! (MidShipCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MidShipCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

This is true cody from lovefab did it and it spooled up to set boost in an instant.

Who does that here on there drag car? That can make it go FASTER (over spin) since there isn't any restriction for the turbo to be pumping against.

Diesel cars have a throttle in front of there turbocharger doesn't ''run away'' but diesels also have no throttle body.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't know who does it here, but i know of someone currently building an evo that will be running that way, HKS T51R KAI special, when you have a turbo that can handle damn near 60psi i think it can handle a setup like this and that it would not overspin as there is still some albeit minimal restriction (IC and piping, intake manifold etc...)...
Old 10-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

here are some random shots of some of the intercoller piping, and the wastegate placement that you guys asked about. im gonna finish everthing up tomorrow and start here up soon!

btw thanks for the positive replies,

here are some shots of the car, praise da lowered!

this is the piping i used for the manifold

oh, and i bought some rims for my car, these in 17"
Old 10-06-2008, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

coming along nicely, the downpipe looks aluminum in the pics, is it?

Quick Reply: putting a turbo in the s2k, just some pics of the build!