post your pics of your side exit exhaust or downpipe....

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default post your pics of your side exit exhaust or downpipe....

please post pics of your side exit...trying to find a pic of one to show fabricator...so i can give him an idea of what i want... this is for turbo car..i want it infront of the passenger tire...POST YOUR PICS
Old 01-02-2007, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: post your pics of your side exit exhaust or downpipe.... (lsvtechatch92)

Here is mine.

Modified by BB6-213 at 6:11 PM 1/2/2007
Old 01-02-2007, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: post your pics of your side exit exhaust or downpipe.... (BB6-213)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BB6-213 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here is mine.

[IMG][/IMG]</TD></TR></TABLE>

that looks really nice!!
Old 01-02-2007, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.
Default Re: post your pics of your side exit exhaust or downpipe.... (liam821)

I love it
Old 01-02-2007, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: post your pics of your side exit exhaust or downpipe.... (liam821)

Old 01-02-2007, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.
Default Re: post your pics of your side exit exhaust or downpipe.... (dturbocivic)

Whoops, I thought that this was related to side-exit dumptubes as well.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: post your pics of your side exit exhaust or downpipe.... (boostincoupe)

search archives for wade. he has a black jdm ITR front turbo gsr with side exit DP/DT.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1768731
Old 01-02-2007, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bb6 is ILLLLLLLLLL
Old 01-02-2007, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turbotime)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbotime &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bb6 is ILLLLLLLLLL</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks alot buddy! It took ALOT of work to do it but it's deffinatley something you don't see very often. The downpipe has a electronic cutout in it and routes back to the stock exhaust, so I can have a whisper quiet (besides turbo spool and fuel pump), or have the power from the dump at the flick of a switch.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BB6-213)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BB6-213 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks alot buddy! It took ALOT of work to do it but it's deffinatley something you don't see very often. The downpipe has a electronic cutout in it and routes back to the stock exhaust, so I can have a whisper quiet (besides turbo spool and fuel pump), or have the power from the dump at the flick of a switch.</TD></TR></TABLE>

wow man, thats even sweeter! I love how clean you pulled it off and how the 2 pipes are like perfectly spaced and flush. simply sick.

you prolly scare the f*ck outta people when you stomp on it
Old 01-02-2007, 04:56 PM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (BB6-213)

Im sure your sick of the smell by now. How dirty does it get?
Old 01-02-2007, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turbotime)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbotime &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

wow man, thats even sweeter! I love how clean you pulled it off and how the 2 pipes are like perfectly spaced and flush. simply sick.

you prolly scare the f*ck outta people when you stomp on it </TD></TR></TABLE>

I would have liked it better if you angled the tips like dturbocivic's.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Finest)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Finest &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I would have liked it better if you angled the tips like dturbocivic's. </TD></TR></TABLE>

If you look at his, it is angles to be flush with the bumper, it does't really look angled with the front end on. I just wanted mine to be flush with the bumper, they are slightly angled, but its not like I have a 1 peice front with 4" flares lol.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Muckman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im sure your sick of the smell by now. How dirty does it get?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I havnt run the car with it yet, have to finnish the fuel, but I had a cutout on my previous setup, and I just got used to the smell, it was worth the extra power, and the killer sound, I just wansn't to fond of getting all ready for friday night smellin all clean, then go pic up the girl and have her say " damn, you smell like gas" lol.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: post your pics of your side exit exhaust or downpipe.... (lsvtechatch92)

For the prelude, wouldnt the heat from the exhaust deform your bumper/lip/everything rubber around that area?
Old 01-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if you make your d/p exit to the side like that without an exhaust system wouldn't make the turbo spool slower or faster. does anybody know for sure.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: post your pics of your side exit exhaust or downpipe.... (SiR99)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SiR99 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">For the prelude, wouldnt the heat from the exhaust deform your bumper/lip/everything rubber around that area?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Where the rivets are on the plate is where the plastic ends and there is an aluminum plate behind the carbon fiber plate. I am pretty sure that there won't be enough heat to melt anything, if so I will just make the hole a lil bit larger.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HKSuperSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you make your d/p exit to the side like that without an exhaust system wouldn't make the turbo spool slower or faster. does anybody know for sure.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I will let the pro's chime in here, but even with 300whp, when I would open the cutout from the stock exhaust, I could feel and honest 50+hp, no backpressure makes it spool super quick.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are not my car so do as yo will but I personally never liked the side exit stuff. Unless your a full out race car and you just need space.

It just seems like another "RICER" thing to do to your car to make it stand out. Kinda like the propped up hood by the windshield. Yes I know why people do it, please do not turn this thread into a popped up hood thread. I don't care.

But again, everyone has thier own opinion and different tastes, thats what makes the world go round.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

BB6, what is going to happen when the engine torques and the exhaust moves?
Old 01-03-2007, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: post your pics of your side exit exhaust or downpipe.... (tony1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">BB6, what is going to happen when the engine torques and the exhaust moves?</TD></TR></TABLE>

just a guess but using flex pipe and securing the ends of the exhaust/dt to the chassis could remedy that.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: post your pics of your side exit exhaust or downpipe.... (turbotime)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbotime &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

just a guess but using flex pipe and securing the ends of the exhaust/dt to the chassis could remedy that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's exactly what it takes to do it right. It's about 4 times as much work though, and i've never seen anyone else do it that way. I did one a long time ago like that, and i'm about to do another on an EVO.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 01-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: post your pics of your side exit exhaust or downpipe.... (turbotime)

just a guess but using flex pipe and securing the ends of the exhaust/dt to the chassis could remedy that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is exactley how it is, the "tip" is pretty much mounted to the boddy with a flrx joint connecting to the downpipe, also I have solid mounts so there shouldnt be a whole lot of flex in the first place.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike1114 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They are not my car so do as yo will but I personally never liked the side exit stuff. Unless your a full out race car and you just need space.

It just seems like another "RICER" thing to do to your car to make it stand out. Kinda like the propped up hood by the windshield. Yes I know why people do it, please do not turn this thread into a popped up hood thread. I don't care.

But again, everyone has thier own opinion and different tastes, thats what makes the world go round.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I didn't do it to make my car "stand" out, I did it because I didnt want the exhaust dumping under the car like it was before, if I wanted to stand out I would put a big shiny N1 muffler on it like every other turbo honda out there. These are the only pics I have ever seen of a side exit turbo exhaust in this thread. Oh well, I am happy with it.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:11 PM

Looks nice man.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I like the side exit, but besidees the smell wouldn't the side get really diry?
Old 01-04-2007, 02:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wenlyone)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wenlyone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I like the side exit, but besidees the smell wouldn't the side get really diry?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I guess it could if you were running extremely rich, but I think all that will get soot on it will be the carbon fiber, because the exhaust sticks ouf far enough, and I think it would disipate before it got on the side of the car anyways, but it's not that hard to wash anyways.

Quick Reply: post your pics of your side exit exhaust or downpipe....