Notices

Post that you are tired of seeing.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 08:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post that you are tired of seeing.

Ok, so this is a post asking you, the every day honda-tech.com reader what questions you are tired of being asked, what subjects you are tired of discussing.

So basically there are questions asked a million times and then after a week or two asked a million more, now i understand there are newbies coming into this world every day, and thats ok (we were all newbies at once) but what questions from them are you tired of seeing. Being that we have a search option, and a sticky post at the top of this forum that says "back to the basics" what questions do you think shouldnt be asked, or are you tired of skimming through while looking for new tech, or new advice, or new ideas, or new info on new parts. Now granted, if it wasnt for the occasional repetitive question this forum may die so its understandable sometimes but i just want to know what type of post everyone is tired of reading.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:20 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. SSAC threads/ Ebay parts
2. How much boost can i run?
3. Why doesn't my **** work?? (and the setup is a pile)

im sure theres more but that's a good start anyway
Old 05-31-2007, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Schister66)

^^^^
Tip of the iceberg.

Here's mine:

Opinion threads "What do you think about....blah blah" This includes "what's best" threads.

Realisticly, the only new threads should be about new/developing technology or unique problems/happenings. Everything else can be found via searching. I guess that's the nature of an internet forum. A constant churning and rehashing of information.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:43 AM

I was going to go ahead and offer "ebay" questions and how "much power do you think i will make" or "does anyone make an a/c & p/s retainable manifold" but i wanted to see what everyone else had to say first.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Buzzbomb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Buzzbomb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Realisticly, the only new threads should be about new/developing technology or unique problems/happenings. Everything else can be found via searching. I guess that's the nature of an internet forum. A constant churning and rehashing of information. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont mind those threads as much as the "How much power....or How many PSI...."

The people that ask these questions shouldnt turbo a honda.

It pisses me seeing more and more B sereis blow up from FMU's and dumbshit setups.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:12 AM
Man U FTW

in general i really dislike threads where people have problems simply because they're cheap....if you dont want to spend the money, then dont boost....

Another thing that really bothers me is all of the misinformation given out....some people who dont have a clue what they're talking about, should just sit back and read rather than thinking they need to add their two cents....

My last point...even though i dont always have the best sentence structure and spelling, i try....some people simply cannot organize their thoughts coherently or spell worth a damn....that kind of annoys me and makes me not want to help them...
Old 05-31-2007, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Schister66)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Schister66 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">in general i really dislike threads where people have problems simply because they're cheap....if you dont want to spend the money, then dont boost....

Another thing that really bothers me is all of the misinformation given out....some people who dont have a clue what they're talking about, should just sit back and read rather than thinking they need to add their two cents....

My last point...even though i dont always have the best sentence structure and spelling, i try....some people simply cannot organize their thoughts coherently or spell worth a damn....that kind of annoys me and makes me not want to help them...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm tired of people using ........... to seperate thoughts. Just end it with one . and be done with it!

Old 05-31-2007, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Finest)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Finest &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'm tired of people using ........... to seperate thoughts. Just end it with one . and be done with it!

</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha i do that all the time. I'm really trying to end sentences with periods, I really am.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:01 AM

WHAT TURBO SHOULD I GET??????
HOW MUCH BOOST SHOULD I RUN???

but ive asked these questions before, so i guess im a hypocrite.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Whiteintegra)

-How many PSI can my stock block handle. Even worse, is the most common answers that idiots give. (7-8psi...)

-Is this a good manifold/turbo/turbo kit - http://www.ebay.com/whatthefuckdoyouthink

-How fast... How much power... etc.

-What do I need to run 12s (uh, competence?)

-People who have posts for every update. I put in a roll cage! I put new wheels on my car! I put a filter on! OOOO look at my pretty oil cap!

Just a few.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I am tired of people not treating new people right, people ask one bad question and the little bandwagon hoes go crazy and jump on their ***. I just think if you don't like it, don't respond...but then how would you get those uber cool post counts to be blinging....oh well.

edited: was half asleep and didn't sound right...lol

Modified by quik sol at 12:56 AM 6/2/2007
Old 05-31-2007, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I hate when you see the post topic say "check out my setup"
so then you look and it starts off by saying "this is what i plan on getting, what do you think?"
so in other words, they are dreaming and probably will never get any of these parts. so lets waste some time asking if it sounds good.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:41 AM

Default Re: (quik sol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by quik sol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am tired of people not trying new people right, people ask one bad question and the little bandwagon hoes go crazy and jump on their ***. If you don't like it, don't respond...but then how would you get those uber cool post counts to be blinging....oh well.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 05-31-2007, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (2redstars)

THis is why homemadeturbo.com is going to own the future. You can use any expletitive or racist word, flame n00bs for the retards they can be, and everyone is the wiser because of it. Nobody is trapped by words like the rest of america is. It honestly makes the n00bs leave or think before they post.

Plus where else can you find stickied topics like "I turbo'd my Pathfinder y0"?
Old 05-31-2007, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HiProfile)

Threads that aren't tech related at all. ^^^^

Old 05-31-2007, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (KeyserSoze)

or jackasses that post in someones thread and say "I'll post some dyno numbers or real world experience when I get my **** runnning."

Who The Fvck cares then? Why even post?

They just want to post about their new blinging toys!!!! (looky what I got mommy)
Old 05-31-2007, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

whats the benefits of a top mount

Top mount vs Ram horn, which is better
Old 05-31-2007, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

But for reals tho. They have already been hit upon here.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by quik sol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am tired of people not trying new people right, people ask one bad question and the little bandwagon hoes go crazy and jump on their ***. If you don't like it, don't respond...but then how would you get those uber cool post counts to be blinging....oh well.</TD></TR></TABLE>

^^ Mosdef. If people would be more helpful at times it would give a n00b some confidence to do his/her own legwork. A simple, "This is how/why it works and if you would search a bit you would know this. BTW, here is how to search." They might even learn from people who already know. Imagine that? People teaching other people. What a novel idea.

How does the old addage go? "Catch a fish for a man and feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and feed him for the rest of his life."

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HiProfile &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">THis is why homemadeturbo.com is going to own the future. You can use any expletitive or racist word, flame n00bs for the retards they can be, and everyone is the wiser because of it. Nobody is trapped by words like the rest of america is. It honestly makes the n00bs leave or think before they post.

Plus where else can you find stickied topics like "I turbo'd my Pathfinder y0"? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, I disagree to a certain point. It's all in the intent of the question. Many people are asking honest questions that they are concerned about. Whether or not it has been covered a million times is irrelevant. Answer the question, show them how to find the answer themselves next time and hopefully in the future THEY are answering another "n00bs" question and showing the new n00b how to find the answer.......Ah, the circle of life.

I also very much dislike being called names and belittled. I think that a lot of people come on h-t because it is somewhat regulated. I would like honest courteous answers to most of my questions. I DO NOT want to read racist statements (even though racist is not the correct term, prejudice is more correct).

Not to say I have never flamed anyone. But it is not usually the best way to go about it. Even when they are asking how to make their bov loud enough for Hellen Keller to hear.

But the turbo'd pathfinder would b cool, got a link? I don't feel like searching.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:15 AM

Default Re: (Golden Eagle)

I'd have to say the most annoying part of any forum is the Subject Matter Expert old timers telling you to get a clue, when that is precisely what you were trying to get. If the question asked is below your stupidity threshold for a courteous response, don't bother posting at all.

I read multiple forums for two weeks, countless tuner mag project car write ups, and you'd be surprised how many people assume you already know the seemingly obvious answers. Therefore you see very little of the basics and a lot more about the specifics well beyond the new person's grasp. (At least in my case)

H-T.com has some nice stickies, some of which answer my new to the boost world questions, and some did not. The step by step turbo install was easily the best tool I've seen not only here, but anywhere in the last two weeks, and this is also the only (working) forum I bothered to bookmark and register with...

If you are wondering what an apprehensive noob's question's might be that aren't readily answered, in my case it was things like:

1. I see turbo and SC kits all over the net, and they have obvious prices, but what additional hidden costs will I have? To a new person a "bolt-on kit" implies it's the whole ball of wax, when that is hardly the case. Will my factory fuel pump handle 440 injectors and 8-9 psi? What are the significant differences in fuel control systems? Is 250 whp going to devour my stock clutch in a weekend of farting around town?

2. My daily driver is in perfectly good condition - can you quantify the loss of reliability in your car by telling me how soon after your install/tune you started having issues? Smoking exhaust, tranny throwing you out of 2nd, rough idle, etc, or was your car on par with a factory turboed vehicle if properly cared for?

I've had these questions answered to my satisfaction, but I doubt most people that are excited about boosting their Honda want to hear Learn2Google on a Honda specific site. A lot of my questions are subjective - finding hard data is much easier.

Now if only I could get Ephatch.com to send me a registration activation link. I see all kinds of JRSC info there I'd love to read.

Edit: And where is my K20 / EP3 info?! I realize these are newer therefore more expensive toys to make shrapnel out of, but trying to find K20A3 specifics is a ****.

Modified by Mag22 at 12:26 PM 5/31/2007
Old 05-31-2007, 11:51 AM
New User

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/2000336

Old 05-31-2007, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boostfed.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostfed.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/2000336

</TD></TR></TABLE>hahaha

where's the tech?
Old 05-31-2007, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KeyserSoze &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Threads that aren't tech related at all. ^^^^

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 05-31-2007, 02:07 PM
Mr. Badwrench

_________________bov _________________?

there have been alot of blow off valve threads.
and the ever popular what turbo for my setup?
Old 05-31-2007, 02:17 PM
New User

Default Re: (boostedcivicsir)

IS OBX and SS Autocrap any good? Is Cometic Better than OEM? Which fly by night fab company has the cheapest manifolds? What will I run with my set up? Who is cooler Arturbo or Boostfed?
Old 05-31-2007, 02:38 PM

Default Re: (Boostfed.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mag22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Edit: And where is my K20 / EP3 info?! I realize these are newer therefore more expensive toys to make shrapnel out of, but trying to find K20A3 specifics is a ****.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you haven't already, check out k20a.org HT is 90% B-series.
BTW, great post!

Quick Reply: Post that you are tired of seeing.