Notices

Post up your pics of fuel pump mount shots....

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (BoostedJeff)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostedJeff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

looks like hes running 2 pumps?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nope 1 pump!!
at 60 lbs of fuel presure!!

2 lines going out, 1 is for the pump and he using the other for his return! i know he crazy i told him,but after making that much HP i cant say anything to him now!
Old 12-09-2006, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Modified by BLKTeg94 at 4:34 PM 12/17/2006
Old 12-09-2006, 03:25 PM
cuin9sec

BLKTeg94 what did you use as spacers???
Old 12-09-2006, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you could damage the pump when you install the pump higher than the lower possible fuel level
because the gravity feed pump need fuel to begin the aspiration
when aspiration is started the fuel level is not important it only need to be higher than the surge

even if its work it could reduce the life of your pump
Old 12-09-2006, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Post up your pics of fuel pump mount shots.... (cuin9sec)

Here is my old set up.

New set up. It's not that good of a pic, but the only one I have.

Old 12-09-2006, 09:27 PM

Default Re: Post up your pics of fuel pump mount shots.... (WillieWillieFast)

i like that dual pump setup man
Old 12-10-2006, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cuin9sec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cuin9sec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">BLKTeg94 what did you use as spacers???</TD></TR></TABLE>

Home Depot Special. In the nuts and bolt section they have these 1" rubber spacers. Drilled a 1/4" hole through the middle of them, ran the bolt through. Put 3 on the bottom and then one up top using a 4 1/2" bolt. I'm hoping by doing this it'll quite down the pump so it won't be so god damn loud as we all know the Aeromotives to be.
Old 12-10-2006, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BLKTeg94)

good thread i was just searching for this today as i am in the process of mounting my A1000 (shows how shitty the search func is), anyway, keep them coming if possible. i'll take some pics after i get it mounted.

are you guys running -10 feed lines and -6 return?

and what did you guys do for fuel pressure gauge?

did you drill the available hole out in your aftermarket fuel rail? just wondering how that works.
Old 12-10-2006, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm running -10an feed's and using the stock feed -6an steel line for a fuel return.
Most aftermark Fuel rails have 1/8" NPT that we use for fuel pressure gauges.
Old 12-10-2006, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the Eliminator w/ -12AN from the tank (no pre-pump filter) and -8AN to the rail. The filter for the -8AN is in the engine bay. I made the sump myself. Full-Race only had a -10AN if I remember right. I wanted BIGGER!

Only pic I got....
Old 12-17-2006, 07:16 AM

Default Re: (tepid1)

I like your setup tepid1 do you have any more pics
Old 12-17-2006, 08:54 AM

Default Re: (speedlabx2005)

This is not my car nor is it my design. This setup was built and designed by monster007. Its in the hatch of a street integra, uses the stock pump to fill the sump and the two pumps are fed from the sump, the return goes back to the sump before returning to the main tank.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BoostedJeff)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostedJeff &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">^^ has he ran it like that yet?

seems like that feed from the sump to pump would cause issues</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol, you guys are killing me, its only gonna not work at that level if you let the fuel level get that low that its just about only in the sump. Come on now.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (tmac007)

So basically it is a surge tank setup? Looks interesting.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:17 AM

Default Re: (twkdCD595)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by twkdCD595 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So basically it is a surge tank setup? Looks interesting.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly what it is. Its probably a little over kill, Looks nice none the less. And my theory on reliable fuel supply is that its never overkill.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (tmac007)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tmac007 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

This is not my car nor is it my design. This setup was built and designed by monster007. Its in the hatch of a street integra, uses the stock pump to fill the sump and the two pumps are fed from the sump, the return goes back to the sump before returning to the main tank. </TD></TR></TABLE>

How don't the high flow dual pumps overwhelm the stock pump supplying the sump? I understand all the recirculated is sent back to the sump, but if the motor in the end demands more than the stock pump can supply the sump will eventually empty.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont understand how the return line can be routed from the regulator back to the surge tank without being pressurized itself, which makes it not really a return line
Old 12-17-2006, 02:36 PM

Default Re: (Jared)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jared &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont understand how the return line can be routed from the regulator back to the surge tank without being pressurized itself, which makes it not really a return line</TD></TR></TABLE>

The return is routed to the surge tank and then theres an overflow from the surge tank back to the original tank. So the surge tank doesn't build an more internal pressure than the stock tank does.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RC000E &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

How don't the high flow dual pumps overwhelm the stock pump supplying the sump? I understand all the recirculated is sent back to the sump, but if the motor in the end demands more than the stock pump can supply the sump will eventually empty.</TD></TR></TABLE>

They eventually would drain the tank, but considering that the surge tank holds in the area of 5 litres of fuel (actual measurements are not available to me right now), it would take a fair amount of time to drain it. longer than it takes the car to max out anyways. Then as soon as the engine stops requiring fuel, the tank refills. I do see this being the weak point of this system if this car was used to compete in circuit racing or at times where extended full throttle driving is required. It sees the strip on occaision and is dailey driven on the street.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sounds like a huge waste of money
Old 12-17-2006, 03:28 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jared &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sounds like a huge waste of money</TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree, i believe the way that 99% of people are doing it works fine enough
Old 12-17-2006, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You got your setup done yet Jeff?
Old 12-17-2006, 03:57 PM

yes sir...

Old 12-17-2006, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wasn't there a rule prohibiting any fuel related items from being mounted the to Firewall other then a pressure gauge??? Did that change?
Old 12-18-2006, 05:39 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jared &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sounds like a huge waste of money</TD></TR></TABLE>

The last time I checked, the topic didn't mention anything about cost. I do agree that this setup is a bit much. However, in the climate where this car is driven, it is not reliable to have bare wire connections under the rear of the car. Salt takes forever to be washed off the roads after winter, and this car sees a lot of rain. Not saying that there isn't other ways around protecting the connections from corrosion.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BLKTeg94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"></TD></TR></TABLE>

That thing is scary low!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RC000E &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How don't the high flow dual pumps overwhelm the stock pump supplying the sump? I understand all the recirculated is sent back to the sump, but if the motor in the end demands more than the stock pump can supply the sump will eventually empty.</TD></TR></TABLE>

They don't overwhelm the stock pump because it can flow allot more fuel at 0 pressure compared to the ~50psi of pressure it has to deal with normal. The less pressure, the more flow. Get it? From the looks of it that setup will never have any problems on any track. Usually people run the surge tank because there using there car for road race where the stock baffle just does not cut it. With a good surge tank the pump will always have fuel right there to be fed to the pumps. Actually that tank right there is much larger then it needs to be!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jared &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont understand how the return line can be routed from the regulator back to the surge tank without being pressurized itself, which makes it not really a return line</TD></TR></TABLE>
As already stated, once the surge tank fills up it returns the overflow into the stock tank. This setup is really sweet when you want to be able to switch from race gas to regular octane gas with the flip of a valve (electronic or manual). All you need is another small fuel cell in the trunk for the rac gas. Many EVO (among others) guys are getting into these dual tank w/surge tank setups. I have been considering one for awhile myself but there defentally costly if you wanna run all SS lines and such. If I do go this route in the future I will definitely be running hard lines.

Quick Reply: Post up your pics of fuel pump mount shots....